• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

olberman, costas,

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This redskins name debate is 100 percent republican vs'democrat if you think otherwise your living in a closet every hardcore libral wants the name changed now keith olberman the biggest libral kook ever wants the name'change also there is rumblings of a nbc primetime blackout for redskins games and nbc is 100 owned by democrats . Costas will never say the word redskins

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great. I'm all for that. How about conservatives just boycott NBC?

We should ask Bob Costas this question. The years he worked with John Madden, why didn't he open up his mouth and mention the Redskins slurrish name.

Same with Olbermann.

They had no problem with the name until recently and they have never heard somebody use the term Redskin in a negative manner...except as football fans talking about a team.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, this is nothing more than the dems trying to buy more votes through minorities.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line to all this is this is up to the Native Americans to determine if they find the name derogatory. So far, every poll taken of Native Americans show that the vast majority (and I emphasis VAST) do not find in offensive. In fact, many of their own high schools have adopted the name and logo for their own. Actions speak much louder than words.

If the demeanor and polling of the Native Americans change in the future, then we should consider a name change. Until that point (if it ever occurs), Snyder should hold firm. Don't let the PC crowd bully you into something that you don't want to do.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olbermann and Costas literally make me ill.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line to all this is this is up to the Native Americans to determine if they find the name derogatory. So far, every poll taken of Native Americans show that the vast majority (and I emphasis VAST) do not find in offensive. In fact, many of their own high schools have adopted the name and logo for their own. Actions speak much louder than words.

If the demeanor and polling of the Native Americans change in the future, then we should consider a name change. Until that point (if it ever occurs), Snyder should hold firm. Don't let the PC crowd bully you into something that you don't want to do.

If the demeanor changes and we aren't using the word negatively...no we shouldn't...even if they decide it's offensive.

The word isn't a slur because somebody else is upset you used the word...it's a slur if the user intends it to be a slur.

"to cast aspersions on; calumniate; disparage; depreciate"

This is the definition of slur. Somebody for God's sake show me where it says anything about how you feel.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olbermann and Costas literally make me ill.

Costamannitis

Costamannitis is contracded through the eyes and ears but only when watching Keith Olbermann or Bob Costas. Primary symptoms are headache & dry heaves. The dry heaves are a resuidual symptom brought on by a loss of appetite when the inflicted new in advance of a future broadcast of Bob Costas or Keith Olbermann.

There are no known remedies just 1 preventative measure of complete avoidance.
(An experimental remedy that requires you to watch 1 hour of Mike Tirico is currently being tested)

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Costamannitis

Costamannitis is contracded through the eyes and ears but only when watching Keith Olbermann or Bob Costas. Primary symptoms are headache & dry heaves. The dry heeaves are a resuidual symptom brought on by a loss of appetite when the inflicted new in advance of a future broadcast of Bob Costas or Keith Olbermann.

There are no known remedies just 1 preventative measure of complete avoidance.
(An experimental remedy that requires you to watch 1 hour of Mike Tirico is currently being tested)

Complete avoidance. As in, get up and walk out of the room if someone is watching them and won't turn the TV. My Dad can't not use the term "genius" and "brilliant" when either one comes on. :L They both truly make me sick.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oberman was a msnbc left wing kook and he and costas have taken their politics and have injected it into sports

that makes me the maddest about those 2 . stick to sports and leave politics at the door

they are the worst kind of crusaders . they can express their opinions all they want but if you disagree with them they shout you down (mostly oberman )

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tea baggers are ill

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You offer nonsense and you complain? Back to fox news you go

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awards and honors

Costas has won eight National Sportcaster of the Year awards from the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association. He was inducted into that organization's Hall of Fame in 2012. He has also won four Sportscaster of the Year awards from the American Sportscasters Association and nearly twenty Sports Emmy Awards for outstanding sports announcing.
In 1999 he was a recipient of the Curt Gowdy Media Award from the Basketball Hall of Fame, which is awarded to members of the electronic and print media for outstanding contributions to the sport.
In 1995 he received a star on the St. Louis Walk of Fame.[49]
In 2000 he won a TV Guide Award for Favorite Sportscaster.[50]
He was selected as the Dick Schaap Award for Outstanding Journalism recipient in 2004.
In 2006 he was also awarded an honorary doctorate in humane letters from Loyola College in Maryland.
In 2012 he was awarded the Walter Cronkite Award for Excellence in Journalism.
He is an honorary trustee of Webster University, a private college located in Webster Groves, Missouri. He is a frequent supporter of the school, to include numerous radio commercials.
He is also an honorary board member of the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the irony.

You should grow a pair Roboteadream.
Admit that you are a Rebublican. Don't run. Don't hide. You vote republican every time.
Say it with me!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tea baggers are ill

how do you know i am a tea party person ? i am for smaller govt .

i believe our govt wastes money , isnt interested in solving problems , and they need to be voted out be it republican or democrat

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the demeanor changes and we aren't using the word negatively...no we shouldn't...even if they decide it's offensive.

The word isn't a slur because somebody else is upset you used the word...it's a slur if the user intends it to be a slur.

"to cast aspersions on; calumniate; disparage; depreciate"

This is the definition of slur. Somebody for God's sake show me where it says anything about how you feel.

Really? You shouldn't consider how it might affect those that it refers to? Its all how you mean it, huh? Damn every one else? Hmmm......

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You shouldn't consider how it might affect those that it refers to? Its all how you mean it, huh? Damn every one else? Hmmm......

When is the last time any one has refered to an american Indain as a Redskin disparagingly or otherwise?? Until some people started crying how it was a racial slur, the only thing most people thought of when they heard the word redskin was our football team.

If you have to be told you should feel bad about a word, or that you should feel bad using a word,.... Just maybe the word wasnt so bad after all.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awards and honors

Costas has won eight National Sportcaster of the Year awards from the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association. He was inducted into that organization's Hall of Fame in 2012. He has also won four Sportscaster of the Year awards from the American Sportscasters Association and nearly twenty Sports Emmy Awards for outstanding sports announcing.
In 1999 he was a recipient of the Curt Gowdy Media Award from the Basketball Hall of Fame, which is awarded to members of the electronic and print media for outstanding contributions to the sport.
In 1995 he received a star on the St. Louis Walk of Fame.[49]
In 2000 he won a TV Guide Award for Favorite Sportscaster.[50]
He was selected as the Dick Schaap Award for Outstanding Journalism recipient in 2004.
In 2006 he was also awarded an honorary doctorate in humane letters from Loyola College in Maryland.
In 2012 he was awarded the Walter Cronkite Award for Excellence in Journalism.
He is an honorary trustee of Webster University, a private college located in Webster Groves, Missouri. He is a frequent supporter of the school, to include numerous radio commercials.
He is also an honorary board member of the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation

All this tells me is that the liberal media loves the smell of their own farts.