• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Oklahoma vs. Baylor

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more interested in where OU will be ranked.

It was obvious they weren't a top 10 team......hell I don't think they were a top 20 team. But now they have 2 losses, just as Texas does, and Texas beat them. So if they're still ranked and Texas is not, or not in front of them......then we can all officially call bullshit at the ranking system.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that either OU or UT should be ranked. Both could easily lose a couple more games....

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that either OU or UT should be ranked. Both could easily lose a couple more games....

This can be said of every school in the country.

My point is, it's doubtful one loss is going to drop OU out of the top 25. But with the same number of losses as Texas, there's no way they should be ranked ahead of Texas. So now we get to see the bias of the polls and the flaws of the BCS system firsthand with two high profile programs.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My point is, it's doubtful one loss is going to drop OU out of the top 25. But with the same number of losses as Texas, there's no way they should be ranked ahead of Texas. So now we get to see the bias of the polls and the flaws of the BCS system firsthand with two high profile programs.

OU didn't get beat by a scrub like ole piss at home. That's why you're not ranked.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few thoughts, the morning after...

Had OU won this game by the same margin, even though being ranked worse than BU, this thread would've had, perhaps, 1/4 of the posts. The trolls would've either not shown or proclaimed BU as being an average team. The local news(DFW) is about as excited about this game as a puppy with 3 dicks.

Why is this? Obviously, all one can do is speculate. Perhaps because OU is just expected to win.....always? Let us remember, BU was favored to win this game by 14+ pts. Prior to the game, nobody, or very few, picked OU to win. And yet the media and posters here are acting like BU was the underdog? This year was never going to be a championship year for OU. Most of the fans realize this. There is no team that is at the top every year. Some years are for reloading. For OU, after so many years of having a highly potent offense, this year, OU has failed to find itself. We have QB issues. We have OC issues. We have WR/TE issues. Essentially, our O sucks. Our D has fared better and this is the only thing that has kept us in the picture.

OU most likely wins 2 of our last 3 and finishes with 9 wins.....10 with a possible bowl win. My guess is 95% of teams are thrilled if they achieve this. OU does this year after year. Stoops averages 10+ wins/season. This is over 15 years. And yet, OU fans will not be happy with the season. Some will demand Stoops head. Are we spoiled? I think, yes. For some of the B12, beating OU is a season in itself. BU is proclaiming this as one of the greatest moments in the programs history. This, in itself, says much.

One of OU's rivals, UT, proclaims their 16 pt win over a less than stellar OU as a "ass raping". I suppose for a team that has been dominated by OU for the past 3 years, the average margin of victory just shy of 30 pts/game, a 16 pt win is special. I can't speak for others, but when OU beat UT the past few years by nearly twice the margin UT beat us this season, I posted my congrats to them as I do after just about every game, win or lose. I realize that every fan base has its tools. I am somewhat immune to ridicule, having been a Dallas Cowboys, Mavs and Rangers for too many years. :L

Once again, I wish to convey congrats to Baylor for the victory. You were the better team this night. Good luck for the remainder of your season.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

personally if it gets ut fans in a snit, then I'm all for it...

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU didn't get beat by a scrub like ole piss at home. That's why you're not ranked.

I don't really cared if we're ranked. I just want us to be ahead of OU - and frankly, OU would get clobbered by Ole Miss this year as well, so you aren't really saying anything

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you poor baby, we'll send you one of these

whaaaAmbulance2.jpg

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tough shit.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ole Miss would wipe their ass with the Sooners if they played in Norman tomorrow. You guys suck a bowl of dicks this year. Still have no idea how ya'll were ranked in the top 10 :L

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya know, for a guy that pimps himself as educated and a head of a charity (or something like that you said), you really are a piece of work.

I'd bet all your co-workers and friends would find your fixation on dicks, anal sex, $2 hookers etc rather appalling, doncha think????

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya know, for a guy that pimps himself as educated and a head of a charity (or something like that you said), you really are a piece of work.

I'd bet all your co-workers and friends would find your fixation on dicks, anal sex, $2 hookers etc rather appalling, doncha think????

Bar none, one of the most classless posters I've ever seen.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand I doubt texas could beat notre dame. We will see what they can do with Tech.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it, you either have a good QB and have a shot, or you don't. I think we both are in the same boat. Unfortunately for us, we've been here for 3-4 years, and this is your first year to experience this.

It's cyclic, and this too shall pass. At least that's what I tell myself.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Miss would wipe their ass with the Sooners if they played in Norman tomorrow. You guys suck a bowl of dicks this year. Still have no idea how ya'll were ranked in the top 10 :L

If you are going to troll, do it with some style and skill, you are god awful.