• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio State 2012 had way less of an argument than Utah in 2008

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so funny seeing people act like ohio state would have been there. bcs is 2/3 humans, who had them behind alabama and 1/3 computers who also had them behind alabama.

Once again we will never know if the humans had OSU behind Bama because the humans werent allowed to vote for OSU in the only 2 polls that matter. You are specualting based off of the AP poll which history will tell you isnt always the same as the coaches or Harris poll and you are also assuming that voters in the AP gave no weight to the sanctions against the Buckeyes when composing thier top 25. Thats alot of speculation especially in the face of an unbeaten AQ conference team NEVER having been passed by a 1 loss team for the title game ( and that doesnt even take into account we are speaking of one of the 5 greatest programs in the history of CFB here)

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't ohio state 0-0 against the final top 20 though? i think alabama was 2-1 against the final top 5.

I have no idea. I based it off of where teams were ranked at the time of the games. If you want to do it by the end of the season polls you can but that has nothing to do with voting trends and adjustments made by voters on a weekly basis.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea. I based it off of where teams were ranked at the time of the games. If you want to do it by the end of the season polls you can but that has nothing to do with voting trends and adjustments made by voters on a weekly basis.

do you actually think a team's ranking in the preseason is more meaningful than a team when they have a lot more data points?. you think we should punihs vanderbilt for losing to an unranked missouri team and prop up miami for beating a top 10 florida team, even now that we are at week 8 and we have a much better idea of how good these teams are?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you actually think a team's ranking in the preseason is more meaningful than a team when they have a lot more data points?. you think we should punihs vanderbilt for losing to an unranked missouri team and prop up miami for beating a top 10 florida team, even now that we are at week 8 and we have a much better idea of how good these teams are?

More meaningful to which team is actually better??? No. But thats not what youre discussing. You are asking about where a team would be ranked and beating the number 15 team vaults you higher the next week than beating an unranked team even if the team ranked 15th ends up 6-6 and the unranked team ends up 10-2. No voters actually go back and move a team down because they beat a team we thought was good 6 weeks ago that has proven not to be and no voters bump a team up extra spots because they beat a team in week 2 we thought was just OK that ends up being much better than that. Doesnt happen