• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh Sir Chuck - Insert Foot Into Mouth

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's not like they could have any family members, especially older ones like parents who might be more susceptible that they could pass it to if they caught it. :L

Yeah, so does EVERYBODY ELSE.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but not everyone is having to not only go to work, but travel around the country to do it.

...and make millions. Most NBA players could retire today and have more money than I'll ever make in the bank.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
90% of what Chuck says is funny or accurate but sometimes he'll say something really stupid like this

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and make millions. Most NBA players could retire today and have more money than I'll ever make in the bank.

Which doesn't have shit to do with this conversation. Ask Karl Anthony-Townes how much his money helped keep Covid out of his family.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which doesn't have shit to do with this conversation. Ask Karl Anthony-Townes how much his money helped keep Covid out of his family.

It has everything to do with the conversation, since Chuck said those that pay the most taxes (earn the most money) should jump the line. These millionaire athletes don't need to work and could live off their past incomes in reclusion if they wish. They could keep their entire families home in safety until vaccinated if they choose. Most cannot. If anything, the poorer people are more in need, as they don't have the means to to work from home, take time off, buy the necessary protective products, etc.

KAT's family losses are heartbreaking. Unfortunately, they may not be as rare as we wish during this epidemic.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has everything to do with the conversation, since Chuck said those that pay the most taxes (earn the most money) should jump the line.

No it doesn't. Just because Barkley had a stupid reason, doesn't mean that's what the conversation is about. The conversation here has been about whether or not it should happen for the same reason that other folks who are still going to work everyday and putting themselves at risk should also be able to jump the line.

If you want to discuss whether or not rich people should be able to "jump the line", go start a thread in the PF shithole.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We want these athletes to risk their health to keep us entertained while we are safe and locked in our homes

So yeah

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's necessarily wrong as far as NBA, NFL and NHL players being able to "jump the line". But he is wrong in the reason he gave for it. He said because of the taxes they pay (which basically comes down to how much more money they make) which should have nothing to do with it.

Also, they certainly shouldn't be vaccinated ahead of doctors, nurses, first responders, etc. (which I doubt he meant). But when you look at it from an essential workers point of view, it makes more sense. They are out doing their jobs and having to travel while they are doing their jobs. That puts them in a higher risk category.

So, while they shouldn't be ahead of doctors, etc. I don't see an issue with them getting vaccinated ahead of folks like myself who are working from home and don't really have to go anywhere.
Good point. It could prevent them from being super spreaders to normal people