• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh Sir Chuck - Insert Foot Into Mouth

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tax payers fund a lot of the research which leads to vaccines...I don't really see a problem with it tbh

How vaccines and drugs usually work is the price is high and then it gets lowered, if you have the money you should be able to pay more and get it early...That also helps the drug companies because they make more money which can be used to find more cures

Drug companies aren't interested in finding cures, they want to find treatments

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking chuck.......lmao, i do love half the shit he spews tho.

Yeah I do really like how he speaks his mind and doesn't let people tell him what to say... But He really did it to himself with that comment. I get what he is saying but he could have said it a lot better. We all makes mistakes and this one was his

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense to me.

Why? Because you pay more in taxes? You are more important than a doctor and a nurse who are dealing with Covid on a daily basis? Rich should only be the ones who get cared for?

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Bill Gates be the first in line? Elon Musk, maybe?

Why? Because you pay more in taxes? You are more important than a doctor and a nurse who are dealing with Covid on a daily basis? Rich should only be the ones who get cared for?

First line medical people, first responders, teachers and essential workers first.

Productive people need to be protected. I would sacrifice 200 eighty year olds in nursing homes/hospice care for 1 Elon Musk. Whose loss would be greater?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First line medical people, first responders, teachers and essential workers first.

Productive people need to be protected. I would sacrifice 200 eighty year olds in nursing homes/hospice care for 1 Elon Musk. Whose loss would be greater?

I agree with what you said but not NBA players...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's necessarily wrong as far as NBA, NFL and NHL players being able to "jump the line". But he is wrong in the reason he gave for it. He said because of the taxes they pay (which basically comes down to how much more money they make) which should have nothing to do with it.

Also, they certainly shouldn't be vaccinated ahead of doctors, nurses, first responders, etc. (which I doubt he meant). But when you look at it from an essential workers point of view, it makes more sense. They are out doing their jobs and having to travel while they are doing their jobs. That puts them in a higher risk category.

So, while they shouldn't be ahead of doctors, etc. I don't see an issue with them getting vaccinated ahead of folks like myself who are working from home and don't really have to go anywhere.

Nah, professional athletes are in the prime physical condition of their lives and are far less susceptible to the virus. They should actually be last in priority IMO. Millionaires at low risk don't get my sympathy.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure Elon is all set. Billionaires have their ways, just like the politicians that got them right away.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drug companies aren't interested in finding cures, they want to find treatments
That's not what is happening here though. All the resources have been directed to funding preventative vaccines instead of treatment for the already sick. Stopping the virus early is key to preventing long term health issues (and of course, death).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, professional athletes are in the prime physical condition of their lives and are far less susceptible to the virus. They should actually be last in priority IMO. Millionaires at low risk don't get my sympathy.

Yeah, it's not like they could have any family members, especially older ones like parents who might be more susceptible that they could pass it to if they caught it. :L

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's not like they could have any family members, especially older ones like parents who might be more susceptible that they could pass it to if they caught it. :L

And its not like they can't get very sick from it. Michael Porter been out for a month with the virus and we don't seem to have a clue when he's back

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t that literally everyone though?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but not everyone is having to not only go to work, but travel around the country to do it.
Yeah I get that, I really think these guys have the opportunity to distance while traveling and everything like very few do. I just think by age like it currently is is really the only way it can be done. I hope they figure out how to get it moving better.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d have no issue with rich people going ahead of us norms.

But they should have to pay for it.

Fund more vaccines, or pediatrics, or geriatrics or research, or whatever.

We all win.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I get that, I really think these guys have the opportunity to distance while traveling and everything like very few do. I just think by age like it currently is is really the only way it can be done. I hope they figure out how to get it moving better.

They do. But there's going to be a learning curve. The NBA completed their season and playoffs in a bubble. The people in that bubble were arguably the safest people on earth. Now they are trying to have their season more like college football, the NFL and MLB did theirs.

People seem to forget that college football, the NFL and MLB all had issues early due to Covid. Heck, we just saw the Browns have Covid issues in the playoffs.

The main differences are that we are seeing is that the NBA is figuring out how to deal with in a closer to normal season now, where the other sports have already dealt with it.

Also, because of having fewer players, an NBA team losing 5-7 players is a much bigger deal than an 85 man cfb team, a 53 man NFL team or a 27 man MLB team missing the same number.