• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh Claude!!

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't touch talk radio for sports for anything - especially the god-awful morning shows.

The new lame fat guy from the deep south is really lame. I think he is on in the afternoons.

He got into a rant with a die hard eagles caller, who was just basically saying we have never won the SB....anyway he misquoted 3 things with the most glaring being stability at QB vs. what goes on in Dallas.

I called in to correct and he promptly hung up on me.

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a NY transplant living in the greater Philly area, if thats what one calls Delaware :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

I find Rob Ellis the best on radio, not the deepest when it comes to puck but very fair to callers and def. not disrespectful.

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new lame fat guy from the deep south is really lame. I think he is on in the afternoons.

He got into a rant with a die hard eagles caller, who was just basically saying we have never won the SB....anyway he misquoted 3 things with the most glaring being stability at QB vs. what goes on in Dallas.

I called in to correct and he promptly hung up on me.

Ha Ha - that'l learn ya !

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, this conversation about Philly media isn't complete without my favorite tweet of all time from Carchidi:

Second favorite tweet:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, this conversation about Philly media isn't complete without my favorite tweet of all time from Carchidi:

Second favorite tweet:

Technically the second tweet was right because they did end up making the playoffs :)

But yeah in general he's awful

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a NY transplant living in the greater Philly area, if thats what one calls Delaware :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Where I grew up, Delaware was just the bridge to Ocean City. :thumb:

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically the second tweet was right because they did end up making the playoffs :)

But yeah in general he's awful

First one is def. not right, I mean I am a Claude fan; but sid the kid is pure filth!

Not intending to start a Keystone pissing match

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where I grew up, Delaware was just the bridge to Ocean City. :thumb:

Or the OBX.... still remembering nothing but corn driving with HS buds down from NY to surf the OBX in early early 80's

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever since that Greensburg rag entered the Pittsburgh marketplace the media has gone to crap there even more.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever since that Greensburg rag entered the Pittsburgh marketplace the media has gone to crap there even more.

Media in most places is awful - there's always people that fans don't like - it's everywhere

Phantomphan

Beta Tester
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I find Rob Ellis the best on radio, not the deepest when it comes to puck but very fair to callers and def. not disrespectful.

In the Philly area - Delaware is appreciated for Total Wine and no state sales tax, but we definitely don't include it in the greater Philly area like South Jersey.

And, Rob Ellis is a good host. He knows his stuff and runs a fun show. If I'm on the road when his show is on, I might tune in. Glen Macnow was another guy I liked but he's off the air last I knew.

Phantomphan

Beta Tester
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Second favorite tweet:

Carchidi is my least favorite writer. He's lazy and doesn't seem to put much effort into his stories. Still, I find him to be an outlier as far as print media goes.

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First one is def. not right, I mean I am a Claude fan; but sid the kid is pure filth!

You lying sack of ..... LOL , you do know DWI is about ...

Phantomphan

Beta Tester
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Giroux but he isn't at Crosby's level. And, if you have to put "#NotAHomer" as part of your tweet, you know what..............you're a homer.

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Philly area - Delaware is appreciated for Total Wine and no state sales tax, but we definitely don't include it in the greater Philly area like South Jersey.

And, Rob Ellis is a good host. He knows his stuff and runs a fun show. If I'm on the road when his show is on, I might tune in. Glen Macnow was another guy I liked but he's off the air last I knew.

Hahaha I just wish Total Wine allowed you to drink while you shopped

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Giroux but he isn't at Crosby's level. And, if you have to put "#NotAHomer" as part of your tweet, you know what..............you're a homer.

What is Phantom Mans Phan consensus on the Umberger / Scottie Hairbag Hartnall swap?

Phantomphan

Beta Tester
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Phantom Mans Phan consensus on the Umberger / Scottie Hairbag Hartnall swap?

Before FN folded, I posted a comment when Umberger was released saying something to the effect that I will believe things are getting better in the Flyers front office if Hextall doesn't pick him up. A couple days later the deal was done. I know Hextall is in a jam with the contracts that Holmgren put together but this made no sense to me.

Don't know what other Flyers fans think of it.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's really what made the tweet so incredibly great.

Also, the Lecavalier one was just funny because he thought Vinny was the missing piece. "Ah! All is well! Vinny is heeerrrre!"