• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh Claude!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he brought it on himself, but I anticipate Claude being the butt of many jokes going forward.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No pun but some:

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brkhs_JCIAIA3ZF.jpg

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he didnt get 2 for grabbing the stick

Ha Ha Ha - no doubt. He deserved to be arrested simply for being unable to figure out how to wear a ball cap properly..............okay i cannot help myself.......he has it on "ass" backwards

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha Ha Ha - no doubt. He deserved to be arrested simply for being unable to figure out how to wear a ball cap properly..............okay i cannot help myself.......he has it on "ass" backwards

I see what you did there. Puns are fun.

Let me try.

This Flyer is a homosexual.

I'm bad at puns.

Phantomphan

Beta Tester
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Philly hockey media is predictably outraged at Claude Giroux - Broad Street Hockey

Why anyone would voluntarily be captain in Philly, I have no idea.

Claude actually gets along well with the media here. In reality, the media give the Flyers a more than fair shake regardless of what happens with the team. I think the stuff quoted in that article was mostly internet related. The papers barely covered it for a day or so and even then only briefly. Butt, that attitude doesn't extend to the other teams. The Phillies are getting, rightfully so, the bum's rush these days.

Have I included enough double entendres for this topic? :whistle:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claude actually gets along well with the media here. In reality, the media give the Flyers a more than fair shake regardless of what happens with the team. I think the stuff quoted in that article was mostly internet related. The papers barely covered it for a day or so and even then only briefly. Butt, that attitude doesn't extend to the other teams. The Phillies are getting, rightfully so, the bum's rush these days.

Have I included enough double entendres for this topic? :whistle:

How many trades have been necessitated because of players supposedly sleeping with other players' wives? I think they started fucking that chicken way back with Brian Propp...

Phantomphan

Beta Tester
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many trades have been necessitated because of players supposedly sleeping with other players' wives? I think they started fucking that chicken way back with Brian Propp...

Not sure what this has to do with the media in Philly. Anything about bedroom shenanigans regarding Flyers usually comes out after the fact and doesn't precipitate anything. Unlike with the Eagles and the articles that preceeded DeSean Jackson's trade.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what this has to do with the media in Philly. Anything about bedroom shenanigans regarding Flyers usually comes out after the fact and doesn't precipitate anything. Unlike with the Eagles and the articles that preceeded DeSean Jackson's trade.

okaaaaaay

So, them printing completely fabricated bullshit is okay as long as it's after the fact? Got it.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Philly hockey media is predictably outraged at Claude Giroux - Broad Street Hockey

Why anyone would voluntarily be captain in Philly, I have no idea.

HAHAHA. That was awesome.

I'm sure that blog was only quoting the bad elements among the local sports journalists.

What gets me is not the outrage. I actually kind of like media that is aggressive. It makes me laugh. These guys are just flat out dumb. Very reminiscent of Garrioch and, particularly, Brennan in Ottawa.

Brennan has among his greatest hits:

1) Calling Erik Karlsson a "garbage pick" just hours/days after he was drafted.

2) Saying Karlsson needed to apologize to the fans for not talking about his divorce to Brennan in an exclusive interview. :burt:

Phantomphan

Beta Tester
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okaaaaaay

So, them printing completely fabricated bullshit is okay as long as it's after the fact? Got it.

And you know it's fabricated?

Not sure if you read the Philly media daily as I do, but my point stands - they are not nearly as hard on the Flyers as the other teams, who get way more bashing then an occasional attempted peek in a bedroom.

Phantomphan

Beta Tester
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHA. That was awesome.

I'm sure that blog was only quoting the bad elements among the local sports journalists.

What gets me is not the outrage. I actually kind of like media that is aggressive. It makes me laugh. These guys are just flat out dumb. Very reminiscent of Garrioch and, particularly, Brennan in Ottawa.

Brennan has among his greatest hits:

1) Calling Erik Karlsson a "garbage pick" just hours/days after he was drafted.

2) Saying Karlsson needed to apologize to the fans for not talking about his divorce to Brennan in an exclusive interview. :burt:

:10:

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure if you read the Philly media daily as I do, but my point stands - they are not nearly as hard on the Flyers as the other teams, who get way more bashing then an occasional attempted peek in a bedroom.

Hey Phantom , we have heard that for years . Who in your opinion gets it the worst of all ?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, I don't know. But since there's been like four generations of the exact same problem you have to assume that either the Flyers organization is running a swinger's club in the locker room or the media is full of shit.

And considering no former Flyer has ever talked about the affairs once they leave, it lends creedence to the full of shit angle. Considering some of the notorious loudmouths that have been through there, if it was really happening someone besides a Philly media member would have said something. That's what I am saying. Feels like they like controversy, but they aren't terribly creative and fall back on the same one all the time. At least the Sens guys throw in a Cocaine problem here and there.

I don't read Philly media, I have enough problems with the twatwaffle that writes here in Columbus. And I really don't care about how they treat other athletes. I've just read some of the crap they write about Flyers and if that's getting off easy, I'd really hate to play another sport there. Jesus.