• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh Claude!!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phantom, you may be the first Philly fan I've ever seen come to the defense of Philly media.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys suck

This was supposed to be a light hearted discussion of Claude Giroux's fascination with men in uniform's asses and you turned it a debate about the fetid, maggot infested dung heap that is Philadelphia media....bastards

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um...umm...quick, think of a pun!

Claude Gi-poo? No, not good enough. Something, something five-hole. I'm bad at this.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um...umm...quick, think of a pun!

Claude Gi-poo? No, not good enough. Something, something five-hole. I'm bad at this.

Sit down, have a rump roast sandwich. The puns will come to you.

You're just a little behind what with vacation and all.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the no Kings has done something to shame themselves or the team

17pr82ckimqbwjpg.jpg

Phantomphan

Beta Tester
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't know. But since there's been like four generations of the exact same problem you have to assume that either the Flyers organization is running a swinger's club in the locker room or the media is full of shit.

And considering no former Flyer has ever talked about the affairs once they leave, it lends creedence to the full of shit angle. Considering some of the notorious loudmouths that have been through there, if it was really happening someone besides a Philly media member would have said something. That's what I am saying. Feels like they like controversy, but they aren't terribly creative and fall back on the same one all the time. At least the Sens guys throw in a Cocaine problem here and there.

I don't read Philly media, I have enough problems with the twatwaffle that writes here in Columbus. And I really don't care about how they treat other athletes. I've just read some of the crap they write about Flyers and if that's getting off easy, I'd really hate to play another sport there. Jesus.

Ok, you are saying here that you don't know it's fabricated but in your earlier comment you definitively said it was fabricated. Which is it? Or are you trying to take both sides of the issue? Either way you just shot your credibility with your flip-flop. That and admitting you don't read the Philly media. If you don't read the Philly media, then what are you talking about? Sounds like you just hear second and third hand reports from sources that have an anti-Philly bias and automatically assume they are correct. Again, loss of credibility, so basically you don't know what you are talking about. I've lived here all my life and have been a regular reader of the local papers for decades and can say with total confidence that there is no ongoing repetitive string of articles about athletes in this town sleeping with their teammates wives. Bringing up Brian Propp, who played in the 80's - 25 years ago - as your only other example adds up to a grand total of 2 instances in 30 years. Not enough for me to believe your story and certainly not enough to warrant taking the Lord's name in vain. :lol:

Phantomphan

Beta Tester
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Phantom , we have heard that for years . Who in your opinion gets it the worst of all ?

The Eagles without a doubt, then the Phillies. No one cares about the Sixers and the Flyers, amazingly, are still given a pass for winning the Cup a million years ago.

Phantomphan

Beta Tester
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phantom, you may be the first Philly fan I've ever seen come to the defense of Philly media.

I'm speaking of the legitimate media, not talk radio and internet stuff. The sports section of the Daily News is one of the best out there with some seriously good reporters and the Inquirer's isn't far behind. And, when I've seen what gets written in the NYC papers like the Post, it's easy to defend the Philly papers.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Panaccio is a hack. Sam Carchidi is marginally better. Other than that the flyers coverage seems ok from my perspective.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH NOES! MY Credibility is shot with the only person who defends Philly Media! On a message board! WHAT EVER CAN I DO?

Over the years I recall the stories about Lindros and Brind'amour's wife.
Tocchet and Desjardins wife.
Carter and Hartnell's wife
Someone and Hextall's wife. Maybe that was Propp, although I thought it was Propp's wife. Maybe Propp's wife and Hexy's wife got together.

I've even heard Steve Downie as well.

So as I said, either the Flyers are running a swinger's club or the writers are uncreative and full of shit. Oh, and when Carter and Hartnell stand next to each other and release a joint statement saying it's bullshit. And the GM, who was notorious for saying nasty shit about his players, says that Brind'Amour was traded because he thought Primeau fit the team better, it seems fabricated. According to a Philly writer Brindy knocked Lindros out with a chair in a crowded locker room, yet no one saw it. But I am not in that locker room, so I don't know personally. Not sure how you see that as a flip flop unless you are just bent on playing the "everyone hates Philly" card and desperately searching for something to be offended about. The thing about being that way is you always find it. You have to work harder sometimes, but you always find it.

You keep believing the swinger's club thing. Maybe they'll let you in someday.

Phantomphan

Beta Tester
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH NOES! MY Credibility is shot with the only person who defends Philly Media! On a message board! WHAT EVER CAN I DO?

Over the years I recall the stories about Lindros and Brind'amour's wife.
Tocchet and Desjardins wife.
Carter and Hartnell's wife
Someone and Hextall's wife. Maybe that was Propp, although I thought it was Propp's wife. Maybe Propp's wife and Hexy's wife got together.

I've even heard Steve Downie as well.

So as I said, either the Flyers are running a swinger's club or the writers are uncreative and full of shit. Oh, and when Carter and Hartnell stand next to each other and release a joint statement saying it's bullshit. And the GM, who was notorious for saying nasty shit about his players, says that Brind'Amour was traded because he thought Primeau fit the team better, it seems fabricated. According to a Philly writer Brindy knocked Lindros out with a chair in a crowded locker room, yet no one saw it. But I am not in that locker room, so I don't know personally. Not sure how you see that as a flip flop unless you are just bent on playing the "everyone hates Philly" card and desperately searching for something to be offended about. The thing about being that way is you always find it. You have to work harder sometimes, but you always find it.

You keep believing the swinger's club thing. Maybe they'll let you in someday.

I tried joining the swinger's club once, but they said they weren't admitting any new members since some guy who went by the pseudonym "Forty-Three" joined up. Apparently, his sincere but lame attempts at swinging so turned off the group that they refused to admit anyone else. They mentioned that he had a real comprehension problem and issues with grammer like saying "Oh, noes" and "Oh, yeses" all the time. He also was obsessed with athletes reported to have engaged in wife swapping and cheating with teammates spouses, to such a degree that he would spend all his time discussing conspiracy theories rather than actually swinging. Was that you or is it some amazing coincidence?

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried joining the swinger's club once, but they said they weren't admitting any new members since some guy who went by the pseudonym "Forty-Three" joined up. Apparently, his sincere but lame attempts at swinging so turned off the group that they refused to admit anyone else. They mentioned that he had a real comprehension problem and issues with grammer like saying "Oh, noes" and "Oh, yeses" all the time. He also was obsessed with athletes reported to have engaged in wife swapping and cheating with teammates spouses, to such a degree that he would spend all his time discussing conspiracy theories rather than actually swinging. Was that you or is it some amazing coincidence?

The TMZ-ification of pro sports has not been an improvement has it ?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hxFuypi.jpg

So, own up. Which Flyer fan site do you write for?

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't compare to other cities because I rarely watch anything else, but our media is god awful. Between the sports talk on the radio every day and the mediocre writing, I just try to avoid it all all cost. There are a few good ones out there, but the rest just give this city a bad rap.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't compare to other cities because I rarely watch anything else, but our media is god awful. Between the sports talk on the radio every day and the mediocre writing, I just try to avoid it all all cost. There are a few good ones out there, but the rest just give this city a bad rap.

Yep there are a few good ones but the rest are bad - and sports talk radio is an instant lowering of the IQ

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im officially changing the spelling of his name to Clod

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep there are a few good ones but the rest are bad - and sports talk radio is an instant lowering of the IQ

LOL. When I worked up there, I'd listen on the drive in and it was a total train wreck. I wanted to run away from it but was transfixed.

But it gave me good ammo to tease co-workers when I got there.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't touch talk radio for sports for anything - especially the god-awful morning shows.

All morning shows are the worst - they put the dumbest fucking people on morning talk shows

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All morning shows are the worst - they put the dumbest fucking people on morning talk shows

But if you don't listen you will miss out on 3 different guys all trying to talk over top of each other in a muddled verbal soup

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

*checks The Fan (PIT) morning show lineup* *sees Ron Cook, Andrew Filliponi*

Yep.

Of course fan-police and captain of the "strip the C!" committee Starkey is on in the afternoon, so it's a toss up.