• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason Thread:

hwkn

Hoopla Cash
$ 718.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls are very close to getting Dwayne Wade......a bit too much too little too late in my book.[should've picked him up a few years ago when he could've helped them win a title]

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, 35 of the 60 minute sports center all about wade.

I wanted him more than Lebron or Bosh that fateful year, but had really held a grudge because he was part of that group that used the bulls to get what they wanted in Miami. But apparently, it was not so cozy under Riley. That year our "booby prize" was Boozer.

I think Riley was done with building with Wade and the extra 7 million here will just go to the state anyway. Now riley gets to look like the guy that tried to keep him, but really wanted him gone. If they got KD, they were only gonna offer wade 10 again.

Gar Forman is still using the younger and more athletic line with Rondo and Wade making him continue to look foolish. Looks like the Lakers are taking Calderon and Cleveland gets Dunleavy, which again makes me question why salaries had to match with the Rose trade giving up Holiday and a second round pick. Too bad with Calderon, at least he could shoot, now its just McDermott and Niko shooting threes when they are in.

Weird day.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I can cheer for wade. I may have to take a hiatus from Bulls fanhood. I used to like wade, but I think I hated him the most on those heat teams. He's just a wuss and complains about everything.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, I am understanding the thinking a little better.

Yes, the bulls want to get younger and more athletic. Not today, but within this retooling process that will happen over the next two years. Wade brings in a proven winner and model for the young players to learn from. Rondo brings a solid point guard with experience playing with the original big three, who wants nothing more than to put his guys in the right position to score. Rondo likes the read and react part of hoibergs offense. Who would think this pain rondo would be a steady point.

Two two year deals, did not give up any of the current young guys, and did not give up picks to use on future young guys (although one article I read said Lakers absorb the 7.7 to calderon for two second round bull picks). but at least with this presser, forman is saying the same thing over and over, people are just not hearing it.

Has anyone seen any reaction from Jimmy yet?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the Rando and Wade signings. Older guys that still have a little left to coach up the younger guys. Not signing them long term but giving them potential to at least compete while the young talent develops.

Just as far as young talent goes that could develop into solid role players, I like all of Snell, Valentine, Portis, Grant and Dougie. I say deal Niko to free up cash and playing time. Hope that like two of those guys can surprise you and start to form a good core for the future if and when you can lure another star to pair with Butler.

They also could potentially throw their hat into the ring for Westbrook next off-season.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the bulls can hit shots, Rondo can get 15 assists per game. I just see Wade and Jimmy dribbling too much before making the shot to keep the assists lower. He seems to really like this read and react offense, which makes it sound like the trouble he had with coaches were about running set plays when the plays just were not there. Rondo is going to make these players work to get open if they want the ball and thats a pretty good place to start retooling with the young guys.

Looking forward to Wade and Jimmy lob passes in transition, looking forward to Jimmy playing the 3 again. Looking forward to being able to sell some of the season tickets.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, I am understanding the thinking a little better.

Yes, the bulls want to get younger and more athletic. Not today, but within this retooling process that will happen over the next two years. Wade brings in a proven winner and model for the young players to learn from. Rondo brings a solid point guard with experience playing with the original big three, who wants nothing more than to put his guys in the right position to score. Rondo likes the read and react part of hoibergs offense. Who would think this pain rondo would be a steady point.

Two two year deals, did not give up any of the current young guys, and did not give up picks to use on future young guys (although one article I read said Lakers absorb the 7.7 to calderon for two second round bull picks). but at least with this presser, forman is saying the same thing over and over, people are just not hearing it.

Has anyone seen any reaction from Jimmy yet?
Not really, I feel like Butler is hiding for some reason. Looks like Rondo is taking over the leadership of the team. He is at the summer league helping the young guys. Butler should be there.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the bulls can hit shots, Rondo can get 15 assists per game. I just see Wade and Jimmy dribbling too much before making the shot to keep the assists lower. He seems to really like this read and react offense, which makes it sound like the trouble he had with coaches were about running set plays when the plays just were not there. Rondo is going to make these players work to get open if they want the ball and thats a pretty good place to start retooling with the young guys.

Looking forward to Wade and Jimmy lob passes in transition, looking forward to Jimmy playing the 3 again. Looking forward to being able to sell some of the season tickets.
Wade and butler are good mid range shooters. Our Weakness will be 3pt shooting from the starting line up. Also I think Gibson should be in the starting line up. I know Miortic opens the floor but lopez and Gibson would be nice interior D and both can put the ball in the basket and rebound.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, I feel like Butler is hiding for some reason. Looks like Rondo is taking over the leadership of the team. He is at the summer league helping the young guys. Butler should be there.

I felt better that Rondo said he and Jimmy did actually talk to Wade, checked Jimmys social media saw him at a few charity events and we know he is prepping for the olympics too. We know alot of fans turned on jimmy with these reports with his ego going up with his bank account, so maybe part of the plan is just focus on basketball again. My daughter said she thinks Noah will be missed most since he was the one that fired up the crowd at the games, we will see who takes that role.

I am pretty sure both Taj and Niko are in contract years, so its a crap shoot on who starts and who gets kept down, I just think if its Niko with a restricted contract next year, Dallas will be all over him like Houston did on on Asik to sign him away.

By writing kept down its hoping to get a cheap deal, like their attempt with noah last year. Thats not gonna work anymore. Glad to read the Noah statement where he is basically saying the same as Wade about going home to play for the team that lit the fire.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt better that Rondo said he and Jimmy did actually talk to Wade, checked Jimmys social media saw him at a few charity events and we know he is prepping for the olympics too. We know alot of fans turned on jimmy with these reports with his ego going up with his bank account, so maybe part of the plan is just focus on basketball again. My daughter said she thinks Noah will be missed most since he was the one that fired up the crowd at the games, we will see who takes that role.

I am pretty sure both Taj and Niko are in contract years, so its a crap shoot on who starts and who gets kept down, I just think if its Niko with a restricted contract next year, Dallas will be all over him like Houston did on on Asik to sign him away.

By writing kept down its hoping to get a cheap deal, like their attempt with noah last year. Thats not gonna work anymore. Glad to read the Noah statement where he is basically saying the same as Wade about going home to play for the team that lit the fire.
It was time for Noah to leave. He wasnt a starter anymore. I will miss him and he is one of my Fav Bulls of all time. Gibson will be gone next year. I think we resign Niko. I think Wade will be the one to fie up the crowd. He is back home and he is going to enjoy every moment. I also know he wants to win. Having a clutch player Wade is Big. We have 2 guys that can get to line in Wade and Butler. Yes They are similar players, Butler better on D and Wade a little more clutch. I think wade will have a good 2 years unless injury happens. Rondo will be good for Butler and Wade but the issue is we wont be able to stretch the floor too much with the starting unit. Actually think it will be good to see Rondo play with the 2nd unit with McDermott and Mirotic on the outside.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think we have a power team here in the East. I think we are going to shock some people. I mean people act like Wade is done. He avg 19pts, 4 rebs, 4 asst and 1 steal per game. Not bad stats. Playoffs he put up better numbers. Rondo, Butler and Wade have good steal stats should lead to more easy baskets.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, it depends if Atlanta becomes anemic with Howard and without Teague, not to mention Horford. We will see if money ruins derozen in toronto. Heat signed a whole team of backups. Simmons should help keep Philly out of the lottery next year, it just depends on how many 500 teams there are next year and if they are starting the 5 seed in the playoffs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, it depends if Atlanta becomes anemic with Howard and without Teague, not to mention Horford. We will see if money ruins derozen in toronto. Heat signed a whole team of backups. Simmons should help keep Philly out of the lottery next year, it just depends on how many 500 teams there are next year and if they are starting the 5 seed in the playoffs.
Simmons is going to be a good one. I think he is the next super star. He just needs to work on his shooting. He can do everything else.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exciting bulls pull off the undefeated summer league with the samsung title. Portis had another monster game, but after Grant brought the team back in the second half won the MVP of the title game honors. Valentine with the go ahead three with a few seconds left and the game winner, I think they were the only baskets he scored all game.

Pete Meyers coached the team, you would think Hoiberg would have wanted the experience.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exciting bulls pull off the undefeated summer league with the samsung title. Portis had another monster game, but after Grant brought the team back in the second half won the MVP of the title game honors. Valentine with the go ahead three with a few seconds left and the game winner, I think they were the only baskets he scored all game.

Pete Meyers coached the team, you would think Hoiberg would have wanted the experience.
I watched all the games. We have some nice young players. This Valentine kid is good or clutch. Overall plays a good game. Kid can rebound and is a really good passer. He isnt super athletic and his shot isnt great yet but overall the kid can ball. I think Portis is going to be a stud for the Bulls. He keeps hitting 3's and rebounding like he does he will be fine. Felicio is a nice find. I think he is a perfect back up center. I dont ever see him being a starter but a very good back up. He can shoot, pass,rebound and has some soft hands and slides his feet well for a big guy. Another name I will mention is Dinwiddle. I think this guy isnt so bad. Can be a nice #3 option at the PG spot. Grant had a great championship game. Here are some positive and negatives I seen from Grant: Neg: He doesnt always make the right play. Last night he tried to force 3 passes when he already had a lay up. Also 2 times he took a crazy shot when he had a guy diving to the basket open. Overall i dont think his Basketball IQ is great. So I think he will always be a back up. Positives: The kid can ball. He doesnt play scared. Gets steals. Can rebound well for a PG. He can score. I think Overall He can be a solid back up PG for the Bulls. Him against other teams #2 PGs will be advantage Bulls.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem is identifying some of them. Dinwiddle and Grant are already behind Rondo, and Butler, Dinwiddle and Valentine can play 1,2 or 3.

Liked what I saw in portis, hope he does not fall in love with the three and someone is always around the rim to rebound.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem is identifying some of them. Dinwiddle and Grant are already behind Rondo, and Butler, Dinwiddle and Valentine can play 1,2 or 3.

Liked what I saw in portis, hope he does not fall in love with the three and someone is always around the rim to rebound.
Yes Dinwiddle and Valentine are combo guards. Grant I think can be a good #2 PG in this league. I wouldnt mind seeing Portis shoot like maybe 3-4 3pt shots a game and if he on he can shoot a little more. If off stay close to the basket. He has a decent mid range game.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the second half when Grant brought the team back, most of what I saw over the summer league games was the announcer using his "he brought his do it yourself kit" when he pounded the ball to the floor and shot.

Thats the part of this motion offense I do not really understand, the times players just go to four corners and watch one guy against three.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our bench we be much improved. In my opinion This is the starting Lineup I want to see:
Lopez
Gibson
Butler
Wade
Rondo

Reason: Gibson gives us rebounds and defense and can shoot the mid range shot ok. Now when we play a team that has a stretch 4 starting maybe you start Mirotic so you can stretch the floor. I know deep down Coach wants Mirotic to start because he would really be the only one that would be able to stretch the floor for us, little with Butler but I just dont like how he plays D, Rebounds and his up and down play.

The Bench should be very good this year:
Grant- PG
Valentine- Combo guard
McDermott- SG/SF
Portis- PF/C(when we play small)
Gibson or Mirotic - Gibson PF/C and Mirotic stretch PF and can maybe play a little SF
Felicio- C
Dinwiddle - Combo guard
Zipser(I dont think he makes the team goes to the D league.) No clue about him.

Overall not a bad looking team.

Dream case: Bulls trade for Cousins(they have way too many PF/C on their team and he keeps bad mouthing Sac). We can offer Valentine, Gibson and Lopez and 2 1st rd picks. This way we can then Start Mirotic as our stretch 4. we hurt our depth a little but Im ok with that. I know this wont happen but would love for this to happen. Another plan is hopefully sac wins a couple more games and then we will have 2 1st rd picks for next year plus have enough for a Max player. Rondo doesnt work out let him walk and we sign Wade's best friend Chris Paul and still have enough for a mid max (12-16 mill range).

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think they move Snell before the season starts, cuz he is just another of the combo guards we have. He was cheering the team on during the summer league, did not grow his hair back so I dont have alot of hope for him.