• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well some good news came out that Rose looks like his old self. He has been working out in las Vegas and with Russell Westbrook and word is he has beaten him 1-1 more times then losing to him. Russell said himself that the league better watch out D rose is back. Not playing for team USA is a good thing in my mind. Let him concentrate on the Bulls and this up coming season.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA is a team sport. Last thing we need is derrick playing 1-4 in games. He needs to be a point guard again, that means distributing the ball. The games his knees are going to play are numbered unless Hoiberg pushes him to be a point guard again. No more of the bull headed Thibbs yelling push push push and having him take the ball to the basket constantly coming down off balance.

I have such a mediocre feeling about this season. Bringing back the same team with a different coach just seems an attempt to show everyone Thibbs did it wrong.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA is a team sport. Last thing we need is derrick playing 1-4 in games. He needs to be a point guard again, that means distributing the ball. The games his knees are going to play are numbered unless Hoiberg pushes him to be a point guard again. No more of the bull headed Thibbs yelling push push push and having him take the ball to the basket constantly coming down off balance.

I have such a mediocre feeling about this season. Bringing back the same team with a different coach just seems an attempt to show everyone Thibbs did it wrong.
Derrick Rose's strengths don't align with that of a pure point guard. He is much more of a combo guard who is at his best when he is pushing the pace and attacking the basket. You tell him to become a pure PG and his ability is diminished by his role in the offense. Not only will D Rose not be playing to his strengths and therefore to the best of his abilities, but the team suffers too because instead of having a prime time scorer at the 1 playing to his strengths, we have an average NBA floor general initiating an offense to allow scorers with lesser ability to get their shots.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick Rose's strengths don't align with that of a pure point guard. He is much more of a combo guard who is at his best when he is pushing the pace and attacking the basket. You tell him to become a pure PG and his ability is diminished by his role in the offense. Not only will D Rose not be playing to his strengths and therefore to the best of his abilities, but the team suffers too because instead of having a prime time scorer at the 1 playing to his strengths, we have an average NBA floor general initiating an offense to allow scorers with lesser ability to get their shots.

I dont disagree with you, but it is different with a guy with two healthy knees, not three or four surgeries in as many years. You know, they say there has been a metamorphosis with the point guard, guys like Derrick and Westbrook attacking the rim like a small forward, but look at the injuries they have both had. The second Westbrook injury last year was a knee to knee contact on a time out and it was just stupid, but his play leads to those tendons being taxed every time he moves.

I guess you ask the question do you want Derric at full strength for 25 games a year or change the way he plays and have him all season. See, when Derrick stopped attacking the basket, he did not choose to take two dribbles like he was driving and dish, he chose to shoot the 3. It did not matter if he was hitting or missing, he constantly traded his drive to the basket to a 3. So he can light up the scoreboard if those 3' are falling, otherwise its usually 9-30 shooting nights.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont disagree with you, but it is different with a guy with two healthy knees, not three or four surgeries in as many years. You know, they say there has been a metamorphosis with the point guard, guys like Derrick and Westbrook attacking the rim like a small forward, but look at the injuries they have both had. The second Westbrook injury last year was a knee to knee contact on a time out and it was just stupid, but his play leads to those tendons being taxed every time he moves.

I guess you ask the question do you want Derric at full strength for 25 games a year or change the way he plays and have him all season. See, when Derrick stopped attacking the basket, he did not choose to take two dribbles like he was driving and dish, he chose to shoot the 3. It did not matter if he was hitting or missing, he constantly traded his drive to the basket to a 3. So he can light up the scoreboard if those 3' are falling, otherwise its usually 9-30 shooting nights.
And all I'm saying is Rose is a plus player when he plays like you described him and Westbrook do. He isn't when he's trying to be a floor general and jacking up threes. I guess this is a situation where you are damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose mouths off about his future, ponies and rainbows, apparent tension between him and Jimmy butler (even though it seems Derrick took Jimmys haircut, maybe thats what it is all about) but then day 1 practice he takes an elbow to the face and breaks his left orbital bone, surgery is today.

Rose will be told to wear a plastic mask, he probably wont like the look so he will sit out. Dunleavy waits til training camp starts to have back surgery, out 6 months.

The year of look Tom, we can do better with the same team and a different coach is not starting out well.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost season time. I think we will be good. Coaching change is going to be good. I just hope they don't forget how to play D.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have Jim Boylen to handle the defense, one of the best minds, but as far as the other assistants getting thru to players, I dont know, Pete Meyers is next to impossible to understand. Full staff include Assistant Coach. Randy Brown. (College - New Mexico State) Charlie Henry. (College - Madonna University) Mike Wilhelm. (College - Southampton) Pete Myers. (College - Arkansas-Little Rock) Jim Boylen. ...

Still up in the air with the season. Just cant get past the spite for Thibbs being a driving force for keeping this team together, resigning Dunleavy for three years.

Interested to see what Portis will add to the lineup, but Rose, Gasol, Gibson, Hinrich all out for game 1. Rose wont make the two game trip either. Dunleavy probably out until February.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
real decent game, seems they are moving alot more, McBuckets pretty much showed in the second half what he is doing here, also pretty much showed that resigning dunleavy for three years was not that necessary. Portis looks a little uncoordinated, like a guy that grew too fast and his arms are too long now. Maybe it was just nerves, but he was missing high 5's too. Butler is Butler, got that leg kick going when he is forcing a shot trying to draw a foul, got 6 and 8-12 on free throws for his 23. It was ugly to start, that offense looks like it starts with a weave to the right or left each time, that is gonna be an easy steal for James.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes D Rose needs to give it up a bit and spread it around.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This front office makes no sense. Lets keep rose and Gasol but lets think about trading Butler at his prime. What a joke. We should of traded Gasol at the deadline.

This front office has no idea what they are doing.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the biggest mistakes by this Front office was using that Sac pick to land someone. Now the pick is pointless because they have 1 year left and if Sac sucks again we lose the pick. should of traded it last year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go figure Bulls are 7 of 8 against the top 2 teams in the East.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teammate Says Joakim Noah 'Done' With Chicago Bulls: Report

cant say I blame him, I am sure the garpax are trying to get him back cheap. Noah needed to be Rodman, boards and defense. Got someone who tried to play offense. Still waiting to hear Hoibergs heart condition will have him out next year though.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it interesting that an enormous market like Chicago doesn't have a star studded player?

No knock on the Bulls. I am just surprised that Chicago, being the 3rd largest city in the United States, AND a rabid basketball fan base does not have a big name player playing for them.

I guess Rose, but he has played so sporadically over the last few years that he doesn't seem like a big star anymore

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it interesting that an enormous market like Chicago doesn't have a star studded player?

No knock on the Bulls. I am just surprised that Chicago, being the 3rd largest city in the United States, AND a rabid basketball fan base does not have a big name player playing for them.

I guess Rose, but he has played so sporadically over the last few years that he doesn't seem like a big star anymore
Well Rose was supposed to be that guy, and was for a while. I don't think he'll ever be that guy again. While Butler is a stud, he doesn't have the star power that you speak of. I guess we'll just have to see what the future holds. It doesn't seem like we're in great position to pull a star FA until the coaching situation is a little more stable. As of right now we have a locker room divided under Hoiberg.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone see Jimmy Butler on Jimmy Kimmel Live before the first finals game? He was wearing his Marquette Jersey. Tried a shot over the street, twice, but the audience won gold stripe socks when Jimmy made a layup, he put a few in his pocket and walked away. I think he has more star power than people give him credit for.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bulls trade Baristow for 6'6 point guard Dinwiddle from Detroit.

Knicks are talking internally about trading for Derrick Rose

Thibbs considering offering the bulls the #5 overall for Jimmy Butler.

Cap expected to rise from 70 million to 94 million. Salaries will jump, but some teams will try for 4 max players.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bulls trade Baristow for 6'6 point guard Dinwiddle from Detroit.

Knicks are talking internally about trading for Derrick Rose

Thibbs considering offering the bulls the #5 overall for Jimmy Butler.

Cap expected to rise from 70 million to 94 million. Salaries will jump, but some teams will try for 4 max players.
It's gonna be interesting. I just hope we either try for some nice FA or commit to a rebuild. I don't want some half assed middle ground.