• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason thread, WR hunt, Cap Space now $4.768M not counting JJ and Jacobs

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've forgotten more about collective bargaining agreements than u will ever know...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe i should explain how it works because i have been involved in the process first hand

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it doesn't matter who brings up the rules, they are agreed to by both sides in negotiations. reducing the number of offseason workouts reduces expenses for teams and helps the league get concessions in other areas.

again at the end of the day, everything in the collective bargaining agreement is from the league. if the players didn't cave in on the bigger issues there wouldn't have been any football. the big dicks are on one side of the table no matter how important union chiefs think they are.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
it doesn't matter who brings up the rules, they are agreed to by both sides in negotiations.

1. Yes it does matter and 2. That's what I've been saying this entire thread.

reducing the number of offseason workouts reduces expenses for teams and helps the league get concessions in other areas.

No it doesn't reduce expenses! The players & coaches' salaries are set! It's not like they're being paid overtime hours. The league didn't want all the limitations to which you referred. That's not an opinion. To state otherwise means you weren't paying attention during the negotiations.

again at the end of the day, everything in the collective bargaining agreement is from the league.

NO IT'S FREEKING NOT! Just when I think you understand something You go and contradict YOUR OWN STATEMENT: "they are agreed to by both sides in negotiations."

if the players didn't cave in on the bigger issues there wouldn't have been any football. the big dicks are on one side of the table no matter how important union chiefs think they are.

The players didn't cave on the bigger issues! The most recent CBA was actually quite reasonable for both sides. Your arguement is a complete non-sequitur. You're arguing this:

*BECAUSE the owners have more leverage (which they don't) the owners are the ones who wanted all the practce limitations (which they didn't).

One has nothing to do with the other, and they're both incorrect.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it doesn't fucking matter if the players first brought it up, the owners agreed to it so it's their rules. if a union comes to me with a list of demands and even if i like what they bring up i'm gonna say i dont want that just to get my list of demand met. it's just part of the negotiation process.

so at the end of the day, everything in that collective bargaining agreement is league rules. such petty shit you bring up, u sound like some old lady at a nursing home...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sickness, just get out now...save yourself an MI.

it's petty bullshit for things that don't matter. who cares which side brought it up, it's league rules PERIOD.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, sorry. Not trying to be mysterious. MI = mycardial infarction, AKA heart attack.

That's funny as hell!! - MI is now logged - feel free to use it at will, Sir!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I''ll try to put this thread on ignore after this one last comment (I can't help myself):

Saying "at the end of the day" before a statement doesn't make it true.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a collective bargaining agreement is league rules. if u don't understand that, you're an idiot.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how is it not league rules? they are rules that apply to the nfl, ie league rules. do we have to go line by line and figure out who brought up each item first before we talk on a forum? u know just in case some idiot wants to bring up petty bullshit.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so I saw a thread a few days ago that said we signed a guard. Is that still true, or was it ever? Looks like the thread was deleted.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so I saw a thread a few days ago that said we signed a guard. Is that still true, or was it ever? Looks like the thread was deleted.

Not that I know of. The last word I heard about G was Jason Brown visiting.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maiocco:

Randy Moss has reported for 49ers offseason program.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
suspiciously-evil-sloth-meme-generator-hehehehe-all-is-according-to-plan-3fdd86.jpg