• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason thread, WR hunt, Cap Space now $4.768M not counting JJ and Jacobs

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I' like Ginn to come back... but what I don't want to see ever again is Kyle Williams returning anything.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers have 'specific price' on Wallace, V-Jax According to CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco, the 49ers have targeted restricted free agent Mike Wallace and unrestricted free agent Vincent Jackson "at a specific price."
The Niners "do not get into bidding wars for players, though," Maiocco cautions. Jackson is sure to incite a bidding war, and Wallace will cost $9.5 million in 2012 in addition to a lucrative long-term contract and the 49ers' first-round pick. At their respective prices, both big-play receivers are long shots for San Francisco. The Steelers website pointed out Tuesday that no RFA carrying a first-round tender has signed an offer sheet in the past 10 years.

Alex Smith - QB - 49ers CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco confirms that the 49ers have an "offer on the table" to free agent Alex Smith and are not interested in Peyton Manning.
This confirms an earlier NFL Network report. According to a well-placed source, Maiocco says the 49ers are "are actively attempting to lock up Smith to a multi-year contract" while not entertaining the possibility of adding Manning. Agent Tom Condon represents both Smith and Manning and will be sure to avoid any conflicts of interest.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
49ers CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco confirms that the 49ers have an "offer on the table" to free agent Alex Smith and are not interested in Peyton Manning.

angryhulk.jpg

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco confirms that the 49ers have an "offer on the table" to free agent Alex Smith and are not interested in Peyton Manning.

angryhulk.jpg

I don't care what MM's opinion is. He's been wrong before. When I hear Baalke say he's not interested in Manning then I'll be angry.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So instead of Carl Nicks, I think I would like to see us sign Ben Grubbs, who is a FA from Bal to lock down the RG spot for the next 6-9 years. Hopefully he would be a lot closer to 6-7 mil/yr.. Also, Robert Meachem I think would be a great #3 WR and I would love to see us resign Josh Morgan.

Do we post our self mock drafts in this thread or just create a new one?

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do we give him a second-round tender and hope someone tries to trade? Can you take less than the tendered-round pick if you trade him? Say we tender him at the second-round level, could we shop him for a 3rd or 4th? I'd be down for that.

Hmmm... good question. I would imagine that you could trade him sort of like the Franchise tag but not too sure. I dont remember ever hearing of it happening too so maybe there is a difference.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With each passing day smith doesnt sign, it makes the manning speculation even more.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Morgan - WR - 49ers CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco reiterates that the Jaguars are expected to "make a competitive play" for free agent Josh Morgan.
Maiocco also considers Morgan a "strong" possibility to make it to the March 13 market unsigned, along with fellow free agent Ted Ginn. Morgan underwent surgery to repair his fractured right ankle in October. He's reportedly making "good progress," and should be 100 percent in advance of offseason OTAs.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised that the Niners Org is not looking into or talking to Morgan about resigning? Maybe Morgan looking for a bigger pay?