• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to CBS Sports both Ridley and Evans both are going to drop into the 2nd round so if Indy signs Irving and we get their 2nd we could go Payne in the 1st and Ridley and Evans in the 2nd
Never will I believe anyone's estimate on when a guy will or won't be drafted. It only takes one team to decide he is worthy of being picked earlier to make him an earlier pick and no mock draft is worth the bandwidth it takes up other than for entertainment purposes. And, yes, I do enjoy reading them for entertainment, but it is just a pet peeve of mine when people start to assume they mean anything, especially since they all just copy each other.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be surprised if the noise about the Colts wanting to sign Irving turns out to be true. They just traded back with the Jets and picked up a few extra picks. They also have something like $75m in cap space.
I'm not sure if either of those is really that pertinent, BUT, I do think the fact that they stink on defense and just cut Hankins means they are indeed in the market for another DL. So yeah, I believe it's true that they are interested. If they offer him big money he is likely gone, but I read he is think huge money next year so it may take more than they are thinking. I'll say it again, IMO it was a big mistake not to tender him at the first round level. I hope Indy doesn't offer him anything he agrees to

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never will I believe anyone's estimate on when a guy will or won't be drafted. It only takes one team to decide he is worthy of being picked earlier to make him an earlier pick and no mock draft is worth the bandwidth it takes up other than for entertainment purposes. And, yes, I do enjoy reading them for entertainment, but it is just a pet peeve of mine when people start to assume they mean anything, especially since they all just copy each other.
I fully understand your point but they have a pretty good history of picking so if they are there when they say they will I would make those picks. if not then step back and make the best of what is

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest Headlines

Skins sign O. Scandrick to fill slot CB void
4814.jpg

Redskins signed CB Orlando Scandrick to a two-year contract.

Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the deal has a max value of $10 million. Scandrick's play has slipped in recent years, primarily due to injuries. He just turned 31 years old and will replace Kendall Fuller as Washington's slot corner. Fantasy leaguers should proactively start slot receivers against the Skin this year.
Source:
Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 19 - 2:22 PM

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Fantasy leaguers should proactively start slot receivers against the Skin this year."

That is pretty funny.:spit:
I think if healthy he will be fine, but did get a good chuckle out of that comment...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't understand some of your thinking in regards to Scandrick. 10 yr Cowboy.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya man. If the choice at #19 is Vea, Payne, and/or Smith hard to say what I would want in that moment. I think all three could be great additions.
Any of those three would be a great addition, and then there are WR's with upside there in rounds 2-3

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Scandrick goes to Washington, Dak wont have to worry about him catching an INT the two times we play them, cause he cant catch a ball to save his life, , and the second time we play them he will be injured.

Oh my that is funny.

But we got him in what, the 5th? He served us well for the most part.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree that McClay has been fantastic and as a result our drafts as well.:suds:

On rebuild I can't agree with that at all. This team is close, young and talented. The arrow is pointing up and with 3 or 4 new starters/contributors off the bench we can be as good as anyone. I do feel we are very close. Heck, we were 13-3 two years ago and while I never thought we were a "13 win" team it proves we were close and we aren't that different from that team.

Read yesterday that the scouts wanted Watt over Taco last year. Not saying he will be the better player, but he sure was year one. Keeping McClay was a huge deal for this team. He and his whole group seem great.

I was a big supporter of him being our #1.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks to Ridley. He's not a premier athlete, slender frame, I think NFL CBs will eat him up.

DJ Moore in the second round is who I want. Starting to think Moore might sneak into the first round though. He could be an excellent compliment to Dez.

That's that sumbitch that ate Texas alive first game of the year. I have tried to forget about him.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expensive, replaceable Cowboy.

I'm not talking about that. We are talking about a 5th round draft pick that gave us 10 yrs. He came into the league fighting for a job and ended up starting some his first year. Anyone remember who else we drafted that yr. That's right - Mike Jenkins in the first round. Where is he these days?? I mean we let go of others and we say we wish them well - Wilber, but a 10 yr vet we talk about his injuries, his brick hands , don't let the door hit you in the ass, etc. That guy was a 10 yr Cowboy and a damn good player for most of it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't understand some of your thinking in regards to Scandrick. 10 yr Cowboy.
Which comments? You don't pay players for the past. He was very good and underrated and a real good slot corner. But now he is not likely a starter on this team any more and is a veteran that doesn't want to sit the bench and watch guys 10 years younger than him play. We did him a favor and he is very glad we did. This is the exact kind of move you have to make in a cap world to stay relevant.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which comments? You don't pay players for the past. He was very good and underrated and a real good slot corner. But now he is not likely a starter on this team any more and is a veteran that doesn't want to sit the bench and watch guys 10 years younger than him play. We did him a favor and he is very glad we did. This is the exact kind of move you have to make in a cap world to stay relevant.
That's what I was wondering.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about that. We are talking about a 5th round draft pick that gave us 10 yrs. He came into the league fighting for a job and ended up starting some his first year. Anyone remember who else we drafted that yr. That's right - Mike Jenkins in the first round. Where is he these days?? I mean we let go of others and we say we wish them well - Wilber, but a 10 yr vet we talk about his injuries, his brick hands , don't let the door hit you in the ass, etc. That guy was a 10 yr Cowboy and a damn good player for most of it.
You are way too sensitive about these things. There is only one thing on the table right now: Do we move forward with or without Scandrick. In order to make that decision you look at the pluses and minuses as we stand here today.

Let's save his tribute for when he retires.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it seems to be rumored all over the place...I like the idea of moving Collins back to Guard. Actually, I never wanted to move him to Tackle other than to try and keep Leary and play all 5 guys. If we go form left to right with Smith/Collins/Frederick/Martin it gives us an insane wall to run behind and also protect Dak. So if you put a FA or draft pick at RT that struggles a little it's very easy to give him help with a TE or RB or pulling OL depending on the play. More importantly, I just always felt he was a better Guard than Tackle. I think he is a good RT that could be a really good RT, but he does have some footwork and balance issues from time to time that aren't as big of a deal at LG and it allows him to use his power more. So, I hope we move him and focus on getting a RT. Sign one (or two) and then draft one and have an open competition for the RT and the swing Tackle spots.:2cents: