• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are way too sensitive about these things. There is only one thing on the table right now: Do we move forward with or without Scandrick. In order to make that decision you look at the pluses and minuses as we stand here today.

Let's save his tribute for when he retires.

I get all that. That's fine. Don't degrade the guy though. Not saying you in general. There are plenty of comments on this thread talking about his injuries/hands, etc.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are way too sensitive about these things. There is only one thing on the table right now: Do we move forward with or without Scandrick. In order to make that decision you look at the pluses and minuses as we stand here today.

Let's save his tribute for when he retires.

I totally disagree. Way too sensitive ? You were the one that wished Wilber well in Oakland, as do I. From a business standpoint , maybe it's the best move. From a player standpoint, we got worse.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm now reading we just made a trade for the Raiders FB. A 5th and a 6 th round pick ???

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get the 6th round pick

So we gave a 5th to Oakland for a FB and a 6th

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally disagree. Way too sensitive ? You were the one that wished Wilber well in Oakland, as do I. From a business standpoint , maybe it's the best move. From a player standpoint, we got worse.
I would have wished Scandrick well too. I always liked him, but honestly now I hope he sucks because he is playing in Washington just like another of my favorites, Hatcher

We didn't get worse. If he was down on the depth chart any way, we can now use that $3M to make the team better.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious? Have you seen him play the last few years the few times he was healthy??

Absolutely. He was the best CB we had besides maybe Chidobe but if I remember correctly he has injury problems as well.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have wished Scandrick well too. I always liked him, but honestly now I hope he sucks because he is playing in Washington just like another of my favorites, Hatcher

We didn't get worse. If he was down on the depth chart any way, we can now use that $3M to make the team better.

Business wise and cap numbers yes , but now we have to replace his spot. I don't think Benwickere is the answer. Maybe Marquez White. I think CBs are the most injured position. U better have 4 or 5.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we gave up a 5th for Olawale and a 6th (19 picks later)?
I guess if he makes the team it's a good move for only 19 spots at that point in the draft. We owe him $1.5M per year and Smith got $2.1M. But, I always thought of Olawale as more of a runner than a pure blocker (he is certainly more athletic than Smith). I'm also a little concerned that the team that had him obviously preferred Smith more. Not sure what to make of this. Olawale more position flex so he could play RB or FB. Does he play STs? IMO nothing to get too high or low on. Let's see how it plays out. No guaranteed money so can cut him if it doesn't work

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Business wise and cap numbers yes , but now we have to replace his spot. I don't think Benwickere is the answer. Maybe Marquez White. I think CBs are the most injured position. U better have 4 or 5.
I like White personally, but obviously the book is still out. In a cap world you need to cut your players once their salary exceeds their production. We can't fall in love with our own and need to be willing to move on. That is an area this team has been poor at and how you don't get cap problems. Don't forget...he WANTED to be released and we need cap relief. So you know there was a headache on the horizon if we didn't release him on both fronts

Right now I see: Awuzie, Lewis, Jones, Brown and White(?) as top 5 and wouldn't be surprised to see another draft pick/UFDA/vet FA (Benwikere?) or 3 in the mix too.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if he makes the team it's a good move for only 19 spots at that point in the draft. We owe him $1.5M per year and Smith got $2.1M. But, I always thought of Olawale as more of a runner than a pure blocker (he is certainly more athletic than Smith). I'm also a little concerned that the team that had him obviously preferred Smith more. Not sure what to make of this. Olawale more position flex so he could play RB or FB. Does he play STs? IMO nothing to get too high or low on. Let's see how it plays out. No guaranteed money so can cut him if it doesn't work

Yeah but new coach, new scheme, not necessarily one better than the other.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but new coach, new scheme, not necessarily one better than the other.
Well the Raiders obviously felt one was better than the other. Dallas...I'm not sure what they thought, but I'm sure they are smart enough not to tell us...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interested to see the guaranteed money on this one:

49ers sign Jonathan Cooper
Posted by Josh Alper on March 20, 2018, 4:54 PM EDT
gettyimages-867943960-e1521579225945.jpg

Getty Images

The 49ers have signed another free agent offensive lineman.

The team announced on Tuesday that they have signed guard Jonathan Cooper to a one-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

“Having started 27 games in four NFL seasons, Jonathan brings great experience to the interior of our offensive line,” General Manager John Lynch said in a statement. “We look forward to him competing for a starting job at guard, while also bringing a veteran presence to our locker room. Jonathan is a welcome addition to our team.”

Cooper started 13 games at left guard for the Cowboys last season, which marked a career high for the well-traveled 2013 first-round pick. He missed his rookie season with the Cardinals with a broken leg and saw shots at a starting job the next two seasons come undone due to other injuries. He split the 2016 season between the Patriots and Browns before heading to Dallas last year.

Cooper had knee surgery earlier this offseason after being injured in Week 17.

The 49ers signed center Weston Richburg last week and then traded incumbent center Daniel Kilgore to the Dolphins.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if he makes the team it's a good move for only 19 spots at that point in the draft. We owe him $1.5M per year and Smith got $2.1M. But, I always thought of Olawale as more of a runner than a pure blocker (he is certainly more athletic than Smith). I'm also a little concerned that the team that had him obviously preferred Smith more. Not sure what to make of this. Olawale more position flex so he could play RB or FB. Does he play STs? IMO nothing to get too high or low on. Let's see how it plays out. No guaranteed money so can cut him if it doesn't work[/QUOTE

We gave a 5th, got their 6

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Raiders obviously felt one was better than the other. Dallas...I'm not sure what they thought, but I'm sure they are smart enough not to tell us...
I'm thinking Dallas tried to get Smith at 1.5M give or take a point or 2