• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We disagree on that one buddy. Looks at the QB Alabama ran out there the last two years...ran well, but makes Tim Tebow look like Aaron Rodgers...and he still put up big numbers. Give him a legit QB and some single coverage from time to time and he will be great
I get it. That's why I said I'm not as high as "most". It just looks like something is missing there as far as being an elite NFL wideout which is what I'd want at #19. Big picture I'm fine with him at 19 if the scouts like him enough. I just wouldn't be quite as happy as the rest of you guys

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played pretty well as a starter for N.E. once he got in the lineup. I think he would start at RT, they would flip Collins back to guard and kill two birds with one stone. I think they want to go stud defender or WR in the 1st 2-3 rounds
Did he? I thought he hadn't played well when starting which is why I was assuming swing tackle. If he is good enough to sign as a starter or at least a "presumed starter" pending the draft than even better if he comes here.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the more important offseason news. The draft is of course where it is at and where we have excelled:

Cowboys pre-draft visits: WR Calvin Ridley, OG Kolton Miller, OG Will Hernandez scheduled

I don't know why, but I am not as high on Ridley as most.

No thanks to Ridley. He's not a premier athlete, slender frame, I think NFL CBs will eat him up.

DJ Moore in the second round is who I want. Starting to think Moore might sneak into the first round though. He could be an excellent compliment to Dez.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft's WR class is pretty deep, but lacks star power. We may have a chance to pick the first off the board when we are on the clock. But by the time we pick in round 2, there might be as many as 8 gone from this group: Ridley, Sutton, Moore, Kirk, Chark, Washington, Miller, Gallup, St. Brown & Cain. Each guy is unique and has a trait that makes them stand out.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft's WR class is pretty deep, but lacks star power. We may have a chance to pick the first off the board when we are on the clock. But by the time we pick in round 2, there might be as many as 8 gone from this group: Ridley, Sutton, Moore, Kirk, Chark, Washington, Miller, Gallup, St. Brown & Cain. Each guy is unique and has a trait that makes them stand out.
I'd hate to swing and miss and I question if any are worth the #19 pick. If the scouts see one or more of these guys as a #1/1a I'm fine with it and welcome the upgrade. But if we go there just to go there I'd rather just skip it and upgrade elsewhere. I mean it can't go worse than it did last year at the WR spot and Dez will either be much better in 2018 or cut next year and if cut we will surely try use his $'s on a FA WR. I'm still hoping for help via a guy like Pryor so we don't have to force it. Or if there are a handful of guys we like but don't love just pick the guy we like left in round 2

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then I see no reason to reach in the 1st round for one.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the undisputed best long snapper in the NFL (history of the NFL?) is back

L.P. Ladouceur - DL - Cowboys
Cowboys re-signed LS L.P. Ladouceur to a one-year contract.

It will be Ladouceur's 14th season with the Cowboys. He hasn't snapped a bad snap since initially joining the team in 2005.
Related: Cowboys

Source: Todd Archer on Twitter

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else get the feeling that Fleming is going to sign here? If NE wants him back he probably stays I guess, but if he is still in Dallas after today I think it means he signs with the Cowboys.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks to Ridley. He's not a premier athlete, slender frame, I think NFL CBs will eat him up.

DJ Moore in the second round is who I want. Starting to think Moore might sneak into the first round though. He could be an excellent compliment to Dez.
I've done a few simulated mocks, and the thing I noticed was every round there seems to be a few quality WR's. I like Ridley, but it does seem that the way to go is defense. Solid WR and TE will be there through round 4

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else get the feeling that Fleming is going to sign here? If NE wants him back he probably stays I guess, but if he is still in Dallas after today I think it means he signs with the Cowboys.
Very well could happen, especially if the stories of olayers not liking the Patriot Way are true.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reading some rumblings that the Colts may be interested in David Irving. They would have to surrender their 2nd round pick (#36!) to acquire Irving.

I say yes, please!

#19 Vea/Payne/Hernandez
#36 Roquan Smith, Rashaan Evans
#50 DJ Moore

....I would be a happy Cowboy fan. Don't think Moore slips that far, but one can dream.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've done a few simulated mocks, and the thing I noticed was every round there seems to be a few quality WR's. I like Ridley, but it does seem that the way to go is defense. Solid WR and TE will be there through round 4

I'm looking for help on the either line in the first round. Maybe a linebacker or Safety if a good one falls. I'm good with grabbing a WR in round 2, though.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reading some rumblings that the Colts may be interested in David Irving. They would have to surrender their 2nd round pick (#36!) to acquire Irving.

I say yes, please!

#19 Vea/Payne/Hernandez
#36 Roquan Smith, Rashaan Evans
#50 DJ Moore

....I would be a happy Cowboy fan. Don't think Moore slips that far, but one can dream.
David Irving is a dominant every down DL. I get his issues, but I do not want to lose him for a guy that may or may not be productive when he only cost us like $3M per year. Reading this board lately I can see I am in the short line on this one so I certainly could be wrong, but I still feel pretty strongly about it. I'd rather have Irving at $3M than Lawrence (and a couple other stud players) at $17M. It all comes down to what you are paying guys.

That being said if we could get Smith at 36 I'd be 100% all for it. I don't think Smith will be there at #19, let alone #36, but who knows.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Irving is a dominant every down DL. I get his issues, but I do not want to lose him for a guy that may or may not be productive when he only cost us like $3M per year. Reading this board lately I can see I am in the short line on this one so I certainly could be wrong, but I still feel pretty strongly about it. I'd rather have Irving at $3M than Lawrence (and a couple other stud players) at $17M. It all comes down to what you are paying guys.

That being said if we could get Smith at 36 I'd be 100% all for it. I don't think Smith will be there at #19, let alone #36, but who knows.

My problem with Irving is how many games a season is Irving a dominant every down player? Was it 5-6 games last year? How many the year before, 3?

Irving missed 8 games last year, and how many the year before? He might be cheap for one more season, and that's not even guaranteed at this point. He's far too inconsistent, and too much of a wild card to give a huge deal to, IMO.

#36 is a fine consolation prize and potentially has a lot more future value to the Cowboys than David Irving at open market prices. I'd rather play it safe on this one. I would approach this topic differently if the Cowboys didn't have McClay running the draft.

Having M.Collins able to slide back over to his more natural 3T also lessens the blow of losing Irving.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys are bringing in both LaAdrian Waddle and Cameron Fleming today and tomorrow and the word is being passed around that the Cowboys are moving La'el Collins back to RT. coincidence?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys are bringing in both LaAdrian Waddle and Cameron Fleming today and tomorrow and the word is being passed around that the Cowboys are moving La'el Collins back to RT. coincidence?

Do you mean back to LG? If so, I think it makes perfect sense. Collins looks to have a higher ceiling as a G. I was a fan of moving Collins to RT originally, but see now that it was a mistake.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you mean back to LG? If so, I think it makes perfect sense. Collins looks to have a higher ceiling as a G. I was a fan of moving Collins to RT originally, but see now that it was a mistake.
yeah I meant LG

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fleming sign's and they move Collins back to LG does this hint the Cowboys use the 1st rounder on Wr,Safety or DE? I looked at tape of Calvin Ridley and initially did not believe the hype. So the other night went and watched some games. I see a can't miss stud. Great route runner. Great after the catch. Great hands and gets open with separation often. The other thing about him is the effort. This guy is the real deal