• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason needs

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LB,CB,Safety,and Qb look to be the obvious needs at this point.
Sean Lee seems to be made of glass and can't be counted on. McClain beefed up and the added weight makes it look like he is running with a piano on his back.
Clayburn and Carr are average at best. Wilcox is always out of position. Would be WAY better off with White back there,but the coaching staff obviously does not see it that way. Church should be a backup and I don't know that Wilcox or Heath could make a CFL roster. We should have a top 10 pick or even top 5.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LB,CB,Safety,and Qb look to be the obvious needs at this point.
Sean Lee seems to be made of glass and can't be counted on. McClain beefed up and the added weight makes it look like he is running with a piano on his back.
Clayburn and Carr are average at best. Wilcox is always out of position. Would be WAY better off with White back there,but the coaching staff obviously does not see it that way. Church should be a backup and I don't know that Wilcox or Heath could make a CFL roster. We should have a top 10 pick or even top 5.
McClain does look terrible. Agree on Heath and Wilcox, special team guys at best

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1A RB
1B QB (It's possible our need at QB is greater than the need at RB, but Romo will be back. Question is can he stay healthy)
2. MLB (Lee's insurance policy)
3. DT (Run stopper)
4. S Truly I'm ok with Church most don't like him. (these days it seems that everyone wants both S to have ball skills. Should we just start 2 FS?)
5. CB maybe we can resign Mo on the cheap and figure out what we want Jones to be. I like him at FS.
6. While Romo is getting Old, Witten is no Spring Chicken. Escobar is not the answer. TE is Still a lower priority, but lets not get caught with our pants down.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1A RB
1B QB (It's possible our need at QB is greater than the need at RB, but Romo will be back. Question is can he stay healthy)
2. MLB (Lee's insurance policy)
3. DT (Run stopper)
4. S Truly I'm ok with Church most don't like him. (these days it seems that everyone wants both S to have ball skills. Should we just start 2 FS?)
5. CB maybe we can resign Mo on the cheap and figure out what we want Jones to be. I like him at FS.
6. While Romo is getting Old, Witten is no Spring Chicken. Escobar is not the answer. TE is Still a lower priority, but lets not get caught with our pants down.

1a - still a need no matter how well McFadden closes out the year due to his age and injury history - depending of course on what we think of Michael
1b - I'd love a backup QB that is also our QB of the future, but unless we are going to find that I just don't think it's a guarantee we find a better backup than Cassell.
2 - We have multiple guys that can play MLB - McClain, Lee, Hitchens, Gachkar, Also have Wilson for one of the outside spots. I'm OK with LB unless Lee officially calls it a day due to concussions or something
3- Agree. I have been saying this for a while. We just don't have a big DT that can stop the run. I get the whole penetrator style we look for and that's fine, but we need a DT that can be big and disruptive at the point of attack. Hoping this is Hayden's (who is neither a good run stopper or penetrator) last season taking up a spot. It's such an important role for the D IF you can find the guy
4 - If put next to an elite FS type I am OK with Church playing a role but would still like to find a different player for nickel situations. Wilcox has been disappointing to me this year. I really think he has the physical skills to be a Church type in the run game and a much better player while the ball is in the air. it just hasn't happened and maybe it won't. Heath needs to NEVER be on the field for defensive snaps.
5 - Call me crazy but still happy with Mo's play this year. Need to forget he is a #6 pick in the draft and grade him on what he is, a #2 or even #3 CB. Hope we keep him in this role. Carr needs to go and take his cap hit with him. Scandrick will be back. Never a bad idea to draft a good young CB
6 - Don't know what to do here, but please don't go here in the first two rounds...please...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 - We have multiple guys that can play MLB - McClain, Lee, Hitchens, Gachkar, Also have Wilson for one of the outside spots. I'm OK with LB unless Lee officially calls it a day due to concussions or something

I disagree with this. How many times is this team going to count on Sean Lee and get stood up, so to speak? I'm not saying the team should move on from or cut Lee, but Dallas needs to find a guy to build the LB corp around - Sean Lee is not that guy. Lee can be a great contributor when healthy, but I really hope the team moves on from the idea of him being the centerpiece of the defense.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not popular but I'm ready to move on from Lee. I won't call for his release but I won't complain if it happens.has he made it through a season yet?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with this. How many times is this team going to count on Sean Lee and get stood up, so to speak? I'm not saying the team should move on from or cut Lee, but Dallas needs to find a guy to build the LB corp around - Sean Lee is not that guy. Lee can be a great contributor when healthy, but I really hope the team moves on from the idea of him being the centerpiece of the defense.
My entire premise is based on Lee being here. I said 'unless' he is gone. With Lee we have Lee, McClain, Hitchens, Williams, Wilson and some decent role player/backups. Odds of us drafting a starter are pretty slim. Even without Lee we are "OK". Remember McClain just getting into Football shape and Hitchens and Wilson still learning NFL. If Lee's future looks in doubt...sure I'd go grab a talent there early. Heck, I'm a BPA guy. If we like a guy enough I'd have no problem drafting him even if the war room depth chart expects a healthy Lee ...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's not likely to happen. Ideal situation versus reality. Didn't you want us to be playing Vaughn about now? You can't force it if it's not there.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say we don't for some crazy reason don't draft a QB. How many would be willing to kick the tires on RG3 when he's released? Put me in the yes category. I think playing behind Romo and this great OL and WR core would be ideal for both parties.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 - Don't know what to do here, but please don't go here in the first two rounds...please...
I Chuckled when I read this but cause we draft TE it seems like every year with either a 2nd or 3rd rounder. The problem is the exodus for Witten is drawing closer every day. I can see him after next season Having a diminished role and say we Win it all possible retiring. He has a lot of mileage and is an NFL iron man. Its time to get ready.

lankdogg84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about addressing the need to add more weapons for Romo. With Dez out it was painful to watch our offense. Our WR's cannot separate from coverage or have their way with single coverage. With Dez on the field is when we actually have good play out of our playmakers. But I would still like to add another WR first. I like the guy out of Ole Miss. Treadwell! Secondly, I would like to find a good running back or try and trade for a younger back. Third and I agree we need to find Romo's replacement soon and get him groomed. I say Romo only has 2 more good seasons left.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about addressing the need to add more weapons for Romo. With Dez out it was painful to watch our offense. Our WR's cannot separate from coverage or have their way with single coverage. With Dez on the field is when we actually have good play out of our playmakers. But I would still like to add another WR first. I like the guy out of Ole Miss. Treadwell! Secondly, I would like to find a good running back or try and trade for a younger back. Third and I agree we need to find Romo's replacement soon and get him groomed. I say Romo only has 2 more good seasons left.
TE wouldn't be a bad call. Witten is an all time great, but he would play through a gunshot wound, so when it goes, its gonna go quickly. Also love the idea of a young RB and big time WR. While I know it isn't a need position, imagine an Odell Beckham type across from Dez

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love this idea. Many think we are loaded on offense. Witten isn't near the player he used to be and shouldn't be considered a good second option. I do like what Beasley did last game but he has to be more consistent. I loved what Atlanta did when they jumped up and got Julio. Of course we might not have to jump to high considering our record. We miss Murray a ton in the passing game as well. Dunbar was a good fit but he just can't be relied on. Treadwell is outstanding . I think it is a huge 8 weeks for T Williams coming up.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this idea. Many think we are loaded on offense. Witten isn't near the player he used to be and shouldn't be considered a good second option. I do like what Beasley did last game but he has to be more consistent. I loved what Atlanta did when they jumped up and got Julio. Of course we might not have to jump to high considering our record. We miss Murray a ton in the passing game as well. Dunbar was a good fit but he just can't be relied on. Treadwell is outstanding . I think it is a huge 8 weeks for T Williams coming up.
I think Atlanta his a good example of why I wouldn't add another premiere WR. The Falcons have done squat, Atlanta has actually been a carbon Copy of the Cowboys and be cause they have ignored the defensive side of the ball they've done nothing. Don't get me wrong I would love to have another elite wide out, but if you have less then mediocre qb play it's not going to work. It is a good insurance police though. To use a baseball term Either Dez or that other wr becomes a rental because we can't pay them both and still field a good team. It starts and end with the QB, but we all say what a dominate RB did for Romo. It has to be RB/QB with how this team is currently constructed. Now if we don't build this defense then we will always be a team that scores a lot of points and gets bounced out of the playoffs in the first 2 rounds.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say we don't for some crazy reason don't draft a QB. How many would be willing to kick the tires on RG3 when he's released? Put me in the yes category. I think playing behind Romo and this great OL and WR core would be ideal for both parties.

Man I don't think RG3 is even in the discussion Ill pass he is just not worth the headache
Im betting Jerry and Jason go back to no issue football players after this year.

Its time to move away from Hardy his talent is not worth the distraction IMHO

And RG3 would add a tent to the circus Just saying