• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason Discussion-2013 Edition

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised Morgan couldn't find an MLB job. I would've taken him on the Mets for the amount he's getting in Japan.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, boards dead. No one brought up the Upton trade yet. J.Up going to the Braves in exchange for Martin Prado, and youth. D-Backs actually have a very balanced lineup now, unlike the strikeout machine it was just a couple years ago.

Atlanta, on the other hand, is going to have one of the best OFs in the game with the Upton brothers playing with each other now. But they will be going for the Diamondback's MLB team record for strikeouts in a season.

Braves Acquire Justin Upton: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Speaking of Ks, the 2013 Braves OF will have to lead the majors, no?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised Morgan couldn't find an MLB job. I would've taken him on the Mets for the amount he's getting in Japan.

For equal money, he may have decided on the life experience over just another year as a journeyman OF.

If this is the case, I gotta respect him for living his life and enjoying the journey.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Romo signed this weekend, and discussions with Lyons and Riot concluded.

We shall see...

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Makes you wonder if there is something we don't know about the guy. Did his act get old in the clubhouse?

I'm gonna miss hating that guy. If there was ever a player born to be a Dodger...

Last edited by a moderator:

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a completely unrelated note: apparently this is how you say punk in Japanese.

パンク
Panku

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Romo signed this weekend, and discussions with Lyons and Riot concluded.

We shall see...

Hope we can get Lyons. Can't have too many solid bullpen guys.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes you wonder if there is something we don't know about the guy. Did his act get old in the clubhouse?

I'm gonna miss hating that guy. If there was ever a player born to be a Dodger...

lol, Shane Vic-turdino would would have to give up the award

Ironically, he was born in SF too :tsk:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't tzill born in S.F. as well? Must be something in the water.

:D

There's being born here, and there's growing up here. Further, there's going to the right HS.

signed,

Justice Steven Breyer
Gov. Pat Brown
Tom Meschery

:stfu:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife was born and raised in the City, (near Mount Davidson), went to Lowell, then to Cal.

I grew up in the Sunnyside/Glen Park area too. I got in to Cal, but opted for the scholarship at Nevada. Not my best choice.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife was born and raised in the City, (near Mount Davidson), went to Lowell, then to Cal.

I grew up in the Sunnyside/Glen Park area too. I got in to Cal, but opted for the scholarship at Nevada. Not my best choice.

Cool. I went to elementary school in Diamond Heights, Lowell :thumb: and then got into USF but followed my girlfriend to SJSU. Not my best choice, either lol

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. I went to elementary school in Diamond Heights, Lowell :thumb: and then got into USF but followed my girlfriend to SJSU. Not my best choice, either lol

I also went to Diamond Heights, then James Lick, then Lowell before going on to that academic powerhouse of Nevada. Now, Diamond Hts is a cop shop and sliding down the hill.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also went to Diamond Heights, then James Lick, then Lowell before going on to that academic powerhouse of Nevada. Now, Diamond Hts is a cop shop and sliding down the hill.

I know..I stopped by there recently to get some money from the bank..I don't remember that many homeless walking around.

I remember stopping by Vikings subs before taking the Bart, so many shops have changed since then.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My neighbors when I lived on Hearst Ave owned that Vikings. I'm saddened to hear that the shopping center has a homeless problem. I remember when Christopher Park opened. We used to walk home via a path around the hill bordering on Glen Canyon and then down Crags Court to get home from school. I don't think that path exists anymore. All developed out now.

Later, when I lived on Agua Way up in Miraloma Heights, I used to drive down O'Shaunaussey and stop at the store on the corner across from the Bart station, pick up two 40ozers, suck one down on the drive to the Stick and quaff the other while walking across the parking lot for an afternoon game. Hammered by the time I got to my seat. I'd then slowly sober up and be wide awake by the 7th, when the fog started to roll in.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My neighbors when I lived on Hearst Ave owned that Vikings. I'm saddened to hear that the shopping center has a homeless problem. I remember when Christopher Park opened. We used to walk home via a path around the hill bordering on Glen Canyon and then down Crags Court to get home from school. I don't think that path exists anymore. All developed out now.

Later, when I lived on Agua Way up in Miraloma Heights, I used to drive down O'Shaunaussey and stop at the store on the corner across from the Bart station, pick up two 40ozers, suck one down on the drive to the Stick and quaff the other while walking across the parking lot for an afternoon game. Hammered by the time I got to my seat. I'd then slowly sober up and be wide awake by the 7th, when the fog started to roll in.

whoa, you're the original edward 40 hands

I wouldn't be able to finish one.

I was part of the wine crowd lol

id-0w0865-06b15148.jpg

I went to St Johns, down on Chenery st. We used to have baseball practice at Glen Park. Yeah, it's nice to reminisce but things have definitely changed

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember St Johns...when I lived on Arbor, I'd go down to Chenery to buy baseball cards at the store across the street. I played PAL baseball in Glen Park too, and went to Silver Tree Day Camp.