• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason Discussion-2013 Edition

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Marlins are in a fire-sale mode, I'd like teh Giants to look into Morrison and Stanton.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LoMo would be a nice LF in SF.

I think they'll pass.

Logan on Posey:

If it was me running, I would have put him in the third row of the stands. If he got hurt, I'm sorry. That's part of the game. I'd feel bad if he did get hurt. But I wouldn't have written a two-page letter like Cousins did. I wouldn't have tried to reach out to him like Cousins did, because I know it's part of the game. I wouldn't have felt half as bad as Cousins did. And for Posey not to write back to him or say anything to him, that's just immature and childish. I have no respect for him or respect for Sabean.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that Morrison calls Posey childish. "LoMo" as he likes to call himself is one of the most arrogant and childish players in baseball. He is a prick to put it nicely. Don't want him near our clubhouse.

Bring Stanton!

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Funny that Morrison calls Posey childish. "LoMo" as he likes to call himself is one of the most arrogant and childish players in baseball. He is a prick to put it nicely. Don't want him near our clubhouse.

Bring Stanton!

Plus a bum knee at 25? Getting worse each year he's been in the majors? Not a guy I'd take a chance on.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1000

Marlins have already starter trying him more at 1B. His knee gets worse by the day. I'd take Cody Ross over him

BOOM! LoMo discussion ended. They can't possibly be getting rid of Stanton. They just freed up enough money to make him a Marlin for life, and he is a beast. How bad is Bonifacio at 2B? It seems like he has been getting the EYJ treatment. I never saw anything atrocious in the games that I've witnessed, but I've probably only seen him play 10 games. I'm slightly bummed that the Giants missed out on him because it looks like the two-bag will be patchwork for a few years unless Scoots bangs in a .750 OPS over the next two years, which when healthy, EB is capable of (plus stealing 40 bags) or Panik makes it happen in 2014. I also like Bonifacio's versatility to play the outfield, but I wouldn't want him if he would have to regularly start out there. I know it's a lost cause because he is a Blue Jay now, but would any of you guys wanted him? If so, what would you give up? Would Panik have gotten him?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Torii Hunter off the table, signs with the Tigers - who are now STACKED! Two year deal, no word on money yet.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torii Hunter off the table, signs with the Tigers - who are now STACKED! Two year deal, no word on money yet.

Interesting. I think that is a very smart call for them. They have a Verlander/Miggy window to think about, and Hunter immediately makes that outfield D spectacular in AL stadiums and above average in NL stadiums. If Victor Martinez's knee is holding up well, goodbye Delmon Young. Maybe, good bye, Delmon Young, anyway.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
BOOM! LoMo discussion ended. They can't possibly be getting rid of Stanton. They just freed up enough money to make him a Marlin for life, and he is a beast. How bad is Bonifacio at 2B? It seems like he has been getting the EYJ treatment. I never saw anything atrocious in the games that I've witnessed, but I've probably only seen him play 10 games. I'm slightly bummed that the Giants missed out on him because it looks like the two-bag will be patchwork for a few years unless Scoots bangs in a .750 OPS over the next two years, which when healthy, EB is capable of (plus stealing 40 bags) or Panik makes it happen in 2014. I also like Bonifacio's versatility to play the outfield, but I wouldn't want him if he would have to regularly start out there. I know it's a lost cause because he is a Blue Jay now, but would any of you guys wanted him? If so, what would you give up? Would Panik have gotten him?

I like his versatility - he's essentially everything the Giants wanted Velez to be. But, for me, I wouldn't count on him being a multi-year solution at 2B. I'm not sure how good his bat really is.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a nice upgrade for them over Delmon Young. At least Torii can play the corner OF positions and is a good clubhouse guy. I'm guessing Torii can at least put up the regular season numbers that Delmon put up last year.

Good signing by Detroit. They're going to be a beast next year if they're healthy.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like his versatility - he's essentially everything the Giants wanted Velez to be. But, for me, I wouldn't count on him being a multi-year solution at 2B. I'm not sure how good his bat really is.

Not Scoots in August, September and October, but good enough. He gets on base about 60 points better than his BA, and only gets caught stealing about 10 percent of the time. Plus, he isn't a free agent until 2015. Like it matters. The Bonifacio or Reyes ship has sailed.

EDIT: Trade the farm for Stanton!

Last edited by a moderator:

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i may get jumped an y'all might take my lunch vCash for this, but i dont think LoMo is as bad as we're making him out to be. Yes, he said some stupid shit in the heat of the moment but so did we. Well Sabean at least. and at least he was defending his teammate.

I've seen a couple interviews of his on MLB Network where he didnt seem like an asshole at all. And hes fuckin hilarious on twitter.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i may get jumped an y'all might take my lunch vCash for this, but i dont think LoMo is as bad as we're making him out to be. Yes, he said some stupid shit in the heat of the moment but so did we. Well Sabean at least. and at least he was defending his teammate.

I've seen a couple interviews of his on MLB Network where he didnt seem like an asshole at all. And hes fuckin hilarious on twitter.

Differences of opinion are fine, and I agree that Morrison is probably a better ballplayer than I give him credit for (based on past indiscretions). I'm also certain that he and Posey could come to some sort of professional agreement or "bury the hatchet" (if there is one), but why even put that into the equation? 2 World Series Championships in 3 years with guys that like to party, but don't run their mouths about clubhouse stuff or, in my opinion, excessively call out their peers. Perhaps, that is the reason they have been so good with, in some cases, limited talent. Why add a minor upgrade in talent and a big mouth?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Differences of opinion are fine, and I agree that Morrison is probably a better ballplayer than I give him credit for (based on past indiscretions). I'm also certain that he and Posey could come to some sort of professional agreement or "bury the hatchet" (if there is one), but why even put that into the equation? 2 World Series Championships in 3 years with guys that like to party, but don't run their mouths about clubhouse stuff or, in my opinion, excessively call out their peers. Perhaps, that is the reason they have been so good with, in some cases, limited talent. Why add a minor upgrade in talent and a big mouth?

Agreed. File under 'Ozzie Guillen'.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Scoots in August, September and October, but good enough. He gets on base about 60 points better than his BA, and only gets caught stealing about 10 percent of the time. Plus, he isn't a free agent until 2015. Like it matters. The Bonifacio or Reyes ship has sailed.

EDIT: Trade the farm for Stanton!

The Cal Golden Bear in me likes this idea. :thumb: