• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Wimbledon (and grass court tournies) thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fed only chance of winning is here but in order to win he will need someone to eliminate Novak for him. I can't see him ever beating Novak here again. Murray struggles with Fed so I think he can beat every other player here but he must avoid Novak

Murray can beat FED sometimes IMO. That SF match was close, even though it was 3 sets.

Because FED can't get into others' return games, it puts a lot of pressure on his service games.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for those who don't know, roddick was doing commentary throughout the week for the bbc

john mcenroe does a lot with them too, splitting his time between the bbc and espn

Did Roddick say anything memorable?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any predictions for the US Open?

i'm hoping for a nole/murray final and a serena/azarenka final

would also be happy to see any of the young guns break through on either side

Kvitova / Serena Final might be good too, if Kvitova can make it that far.

When the draw comes out, I'll have a better idea of what I'd want to see in the Finals for the Mens. Or maybe once we get to the QFs.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Martina Hingis for winning both her doubles' finals; a tough WD match with Mirza yesterday and easy win with Leander Paes in the MD today, 1 and 1! ;-) :suds: :clap: :thumb:
Wow, cool that she could do both.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't know. didn't see any BBC coverage.

he got good reviews, though.

Cool, thanks. Maybe he will join the USO broadcasts, a few times.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did like Roddick's radio interviews, that I heard, when he'd appear the week of a local tourney, during his playing days.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i doubt we'll ever hear roddick do commentary for the grand slams or any event, sadly.

he works full time for fox sports now, and i think there might be a little something in his contract that would keep him off espn...and maybe even off of tennis channel.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray can beat FED sometimes IMO. That SF match was close, even though it was 3 sets.

Because FED can't get into others' return games, it puts a lot of pressure on his service games.

Never said he can't beat Fed. I said he struggles with Fed which is very true. He is 3-7 vs Roger in their last 10 and Fed is currently on a 4 game match winning streak vs him

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any predictions for the US Open?

i'm hoping for a nole/murray final and a serena/azarenka final

would also be happy to see any of the young guns break through on either side

Hard to see any of the young guns breaking through on the men's side. I'm actually hoping for Wawrinka/Novak in the finals. Those two always seem to play incredible matches whenever they beat in a major.

As for the Women side, I would like to see Serena complete the grand slam and would like to continue to see the US women outside of Serena make a deep run.

Also it would be nice for Sock to have a good US Open Hard Court series to improve his ranking heading to the open and make it to the 3rd or 4th round at the Open

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i doubt we'll ever hear roddick do commentary for the grand slams or any event, sadly.

he works full time for fox sports now, and i think there might be a little something in his contract that would keep him off espn...and maybe even off of tennis channel.

Yeah there's no way he will ever do any commentary on either channel as long as he remains with Fox. If Roddick really wants to focus on tennis broadcasting though, he is probably best off leaving Fox and heading to ESPN since 3 of the 4 majors are on ESPN.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would consider sock making the 3rd or 4th round a breakthrough for him, actually.

i think it's very possible for youngsters (like coric, kokkanakis, kyrgios, or maybe even sock) taking out rafa, nishikori, berdych, ferrer, raonic, cilic, and even fed in the top 10. that would put a youngster in good position to make the quarters or semis, which would be wonderful for the sport.

on the women's side, there are a bunch of youngsters i could see making the final against sereana, just like mugurza did.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there's no way he will ever do any commentary on either channel as long as he remains with Fox. If Roddick really wants to focus on tennis broadcasting though, he is probably best off leaving Fox and heading to ESPN since 3 of the 4 majors are on ESPN.
that would cost him a lot of money since he does commentary on sports that are much more popular in the US on Fox.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to see any of the young guns breaking through on the men's side. I'm actually hoping for Wawrinka/Novak in the finals. Those two always seem to play incredible matches whenever they beat in a major.

As for the Women side, I would like to see Serena complete the grand slam and would like to continue to see the US women outside of Serena make a deep run.

Also it would be nice for Sock to have a good US Open Hard Court series to improve his ranking heading to the open and make it to the 3rd or 4th round at the Open

Yeah. That was one of my desires for Wimbledon (but in the SF).

I wouldn't mind my predicted Wimbledon Finals of Wawrinka vs. Murray. Would have a good chance of being a great match.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would cost him a lot of money since he does commentary on sports that are much more popular in the US on Fox.

But doesn't he have some radio show on Sirius where he discuss those sports also?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What sports does FOX have that Roddick does commentary on?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sports does FOX have that Roddick does commentary on?
a lot

fox sports networks are in direct competition with espn networks

no way there isn't a clause in roddick's contract preventing him from signing with other networks

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot

fox sports networks are in direct competition with espn networks

no way there isn't a clause in roddick's contract preventing him from signing with other networks

Yeah right now this is the best of both worlds for him so I doubt he changes his situation. He can stay at Fox Sports and if he would like to be involved in television for tennis he can keep working for BBC like he currently does

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be clear, naruman, roddick is an analyst for fox sports, and not just for tennis. he does analysis for all of the big sports on a show that's the equivalent of SportsCenter on ESPN.

he also does a podcast 3 days a week as part of his gig.

it's a lucrative choice for him...much more than just doing tennis with espn or tennis channel. and his contract would prevent him from doing ad hoc contracts for individual tournaments on espn or tennis channel, most likely.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be clear, naruman, roddick is an analyst for fox sports, and not just for tennis. he does analysis for all of the big sports on a show that's the equivalent of SportsCenter on ESPN.

he also does a podcast 3 days a week as part of his gig.

it's a lucrative choice for him...much more than just doing tennis with espn or tennis channel. and his contract would prevent him from doing ad hoc contracts for individual tournaments on espn or tennis channel, most likely.

Thanks.