• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Team USA Olympic Thread

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:whistle:

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/4238982-post5797.html

Depth Charts and Lines

Forwards
Zach Parise- Rylan Kesler- Patrick Kane
James VanReim- Derek Stepan- Phil Kessel
Dustin Brown- David Backes- Ryan Callahan
Max Pacrioetty- Joe Pavelski- Bobby Ryan
TJ Oshie
Paul Stastny

Defenseman
Ryan Suter- Kevin Shattenkirk
Keith Yandle- Ryan McDonagh
Cam Fowler- John Carlson
Erik Johnson- Paul Martin

Goaltenders
Quick
Miller
Schneider

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

Projected lines

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth Charts and Lines

Forwards
Zach Parise- Rylan Kesler- Patrick Kane
James VanReim- Derek Stepan- Phil Kessel
Dustin Brown- David Backes- Ryan Callahan
Max Pacrioetty- Joe Pavelski- Bobby Ryan
TJ Oshie
Paul Stastny

Defenseman
Ryan Suter- Kevin Shattenkirk
Keith Yandle- Ryan McDonagh
Cam Fowler- John Carlson
Erik Johnson- Paul Martin

Goaltenders
Quick
Miller
Schneider

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

Projected lines

Callahan & Stastny? Come on, Okposo deserves some consideration with the season he's having.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if PaulMart comes back healthy, I tend to think there's no way he's not in the top 6 on D.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Callahan & Stastny? Come on, Okposo deserves some consideration with the season he's having.

Kyle Okposo has the same amount of points as Phil Kessel. The way he's playing he deserves a spot.

Those aren't my projections, did you not read the article?

Stastny is having a very solid year, flying under the radar. Everybody seems to forget about him.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those aren't my projections, did you not read the article?

Stastny is having a very solid year, flying under the radar. Everybody seems to forget about him.

I'll understand if Okposo doesn't make the team, but that doesn't mean I'll agree with it. I want the best team to go to Russia & represent the USA. I just think Okposo deserves a long look because he's playing well even though he's on a bad team. Stastny has been their before. I wouldn't mind seeing some new blood.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put any combo you want. U can't stop a Canada/Russia Final

i wouldnt count out the US team as one of the better teams. Nor Sweden. I dont think its a given for any one team to be in the final

Russia
Canada
US
Sweden
Finland

are all the teams that can make it

with Russia actually being the weakest and only because of their self serving play style

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldnt count out the US team as one of the better teams. Nor Sweden. I dont think its a given for any one team to be in the final

Russia
Canada
US
Sweden
Finland

with Russia actually being the weakest and only because of their self serving play style

I'm not sold on Russia defensively. The talent is always their for Russia. Whether or not they live up to it is the question. It will be interesting to see how they handle the pressure of playing at home. I actually think the USA is going to have a good team. Canada will be loaded whether Stamkos is available or not. Sweden is a darkhorse. They tend to go unnoticed during the early rounds & then all of a sudden they're playing for a medal. We can't question the talent available for them. They're going to be good.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Russia
Canada
US
Sweden
Finland

I know but when it's World??????????

i'm always a US Troll

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet you said the same in 2010 when we underdoged our way to the gold medal game as well?...

We're coming back for redemption! The gold will be ours!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope for a CAN-US rematch. Roster wise, the most depth and talent is definitely those two teams. Russia is too jammed up with their KHL guys, just a drop off of talent, especially on the back end. The biggest question mark across the teams is goalie. Funny enough, most teams are going in with some worries on that end. Canada, per usual, has a controversy, especially with Lou hurt. The US has a bunch of options, but some injuries and inconsistent play led to questions. Lundqvist is having a down year for the Rangers from Sweden. Russia? Well, they have options, but who I'd imagine to be their guy in Bobrovsky has taken a bit of a dive. That's the biggest question for me...whose goalie is ready?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope for a CAN-US rematch. Roster wise, the most depth and talent is definitely those two teams. Russia is too jammed up with their KHL guys, just a drop off of talent, especially on the back end. The biggest question mark across the teams is goalie. Funny enough, most teams are going in with some worries on that end. Canada, per usual, has a controversy, especially with Lou hurt. The US has a bunch of options, but some injuries and inconsistent play led to questions. Lundqvist is having a down year for the Rangers from Sweden. Russia? Well, they have options, but who I'd imagine to be their guy in Bobrovsky has taken a bit of a dive. That's the biggest question for me...whose goalie is ready?

Finland might have a shot with their goaltending(Rask and Niemi) - they also have a solid enough defense and some solid forwards to surprise some people

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet you said the same in 2010 when we underdoged our way to the gold medal game as well?...

We're coming back for redemption! The gold will be ours!

i thought the US was a contender in 2010.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm biased but Schneider is better than Howard, who has been injured and not great for much of the season.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm biased but Schneider is better than Howard, who has been injured and not great for much of the season.

Schneider's downfall IMO is his lack of playing time.

I do find it surprising though that they went with two guys who are currently injured.

Not even counting the injuries, it would seem like this is pretty much a confirmation that, unless something changes between now and then, Miller will be starting.

Had they invited Bishop I could see him winning the starting role, but with both Quick and Howard being very mediocre this year on excellent teams, it seems pretty straightforward now.