• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Team USA Olympic Thread

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For everyone down on the Team USA roster, were you guys really excited when you heard the roster for the 2010 games? I'm not down about the roster, I just don't like our history when we play in the Eastern Hemisphere.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To cheer up my American friends, both Kevin Lowe and Daryl Katz (wtf?) have been involved in the selection process for Team Canada.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To cheer up my American friends, both Kevin Lowe and Daryl Katz (wtf?) have been involved in the selection process for Team Canada.

that is bizarre. as long as Steve has the final say but man that is weird

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was Daryl Katz son involved too?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was Daryl Katz son involved too?

stands.jpg

:noidea:
Bad-Santa-Screenshot-2.jpg

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no worries for this team at all honestly. We have a solid defense, some firepower on offense and some of the best goaltending in the league. I'd be shocked if we're not in the Gold medal game.

Also me being biased ;) lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be fine with sonnyboy Katz getting sheared and lending his locks to Getzlaf for a fancy olympic toupe ... beyond that ... wtf

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby Ryan comments from bruce garrioch

Ryan says Burke called him yesterday. Hasn't returned the call.

Ryan said he felt what Burke had to say about his intensity was "gutless."

"I thought he thought more of me as a player," says Ryan

"They were direct quotes. It's unfortunate they feel that way. They've got to form a team," says Ryan. "I guess to a certain degree u (cont)

have to respect it. You don't have to agree with it, right? I certainly don't. They could have just cut me (laughs). You didn't have to ...

"Actually I almost feel degraded when it comes out like that. It is what it is. That's their decison and that's how they feel about me ...

"I will remember it and use it as motivation. That's all you can really do," says Ryan

The issue then becomes: what happens when someone's injured and Ryan's next on deck? Yeah. Awkward. I didn't read the whole ESPN article (it was a BOOK), but wasn't it mostly Burke being a jackass? Still, rough stuff to hear. Honestly though, Brenden Saad may get the call before Ryan the way all this has happened.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if i was a photo-editor i would make something similar to this picture based on the above knowledge

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i want to know what they are laughing at. I Assume it was when the giant canadian flag would not unfurl for doughty but isnt that him behind getzlaf, (I stayed in the arena until canada left the ice man... what a day that was.)

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i want to know what they are laughing at. I Assume it was when the giant canadian flag would not unfurl for doughty but isnt that him behind getzlaf, (I stayed in the arena until canada left the ice man... what a day that was.)

maybe they showed Gretzky in the "canadian limo" on the big screen

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be shocking if the USA were to win the Gold. Whoever is in goal will have to stand on his head.

You must be really big into paper champs, I assume? According to you, the best team on paper will always win. So why even play the games? ANYTHING can happen in 60 minutes, nothing is set in stone.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be really big into paper champs, I assume? According to you, the best team on paper will always win. So why even play the games? ANYTHING can happen in 60 minutes, nothing is set in stone.

I realize nothing is set in stone, but Poile said it himself, he said he didn't pick the most talented team. He picked a team he believed could win. Sorry, but I don't believe this roster can win the GOLD. I hope to be proven wrong.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact Team USA didn't pick their players based on talent and picked guys who were less talented doesn't give me a good feeling about their chances - seems like this management team is over thinking and out-smarting theirselves with some of these decisions

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize nothing is set in stone, but Poile said it himself, he said he didn't pick the most talented team. He picked a team he believed could win. Sorry, but I don't believe this roster can win the GOLD. I hope to be proven wrong.

The fact Team USA didn't pick their players based on talent and picked guys who were less talented doesn't give me a good feeling about their chances - seems like this management team is over thinking and out-smarting theirselves with some of these decisions

Honestly, in your guys opinions, outside of Yandle and Ryan, who else of significance was left off?

Please don't tell me Okposo because of a fluky year, he's not some great big scoring threat. Ryan, Yes, but he plays lazy, can't fault them. Yandle? Definitely should have been in over Orpik, younger, fresher legs on an open ice.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, in your guys opinions, outside of Yandle and Ryan, who else of significance was left off?

Please don't tell me Okposo because of a fluky year, he's not some great big scoring threat. Ryan, Yes, but he plays lazy, can't fault them. Yandle? Definitely should have been in over Orpik, younger, fresher legs on an open ice.

Off the top of my head without any research I'd have Jason Pominville on this team over Brown, Callahan & Stepan. Look it's not because I don't like the Rangers. Take Brown off & put Pominville in his place. This team needs more skill.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the top of my head without any research I'd have Jason Pominville on this team over Brown, Callahan & Stepan. Look it's not because I don't like the Rangers. Take Brown off & put Pominville in his place. This team needs more skill.

Really? Seems like it, took off two of our players and one in a position which has nothing to do with the RW spot, in Stepan. He's an extra Center in case of injury, nothing more. Callahan and Mac will be in the lineup though for sure.

Pominville is good, I agree, but don't think he was even in for consideration. Some could say Brandon Saad though..