• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Team USA Olympic Thread

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, Big Buff can be a game changer and McDonagh is a player as well. Who to swap out though? Carlson and Carle? Does that give the US enough firepower from the backend?

I would swap out Matt Carle and Jack Johnson - I know people like Jack Johnson but his plus minus has always been terrible for whatever reason and it's a trend, not something that happened once or twice in his career - he's never really played on any bad teams besides maybe his first and second year in the league - CBJ hasn't been a bad team since he came over and his +/- still sucks

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would swap out Matt Carle and Jack Johnson - I know people like Jack Johnson but his plus minus has always been terrible for whatever reason and it's a trend, not something that happened once or twice in his career - he's never really played on any bad teams besides maybe his first and second year in the league - CBJ hasn't been a bad team since he came over and his +/- still sucks

they do? lol

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's about time I buy a USA jersey. They're just so awful looking.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't be surprised if Orpik doesn't go. I have a feeling the Penguins/Bylsma might try and stop it.

Knowing Orpik he will go but I wonder if his injury will be used against him in going?

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense is wide open for the USA if you ask me. I've even heard Cam Fowler's name get thrown in the mix as he is pretty prolific on the large ice surface and he's having a good year.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Johnsons defensive flaws have already been pointed out in different stats analysis stories

I saw a stats pack from Dellow the other day showing there were 42 dmen in the league who have played over a 1000 minutes of 5v4 (pp) time from 2007-13 ... he was looking at GOALS FOR by each defensemans team per 60min segment

JJ was 41st

Dellow: Some day I'm going to write the "Jack Johnson is a horror show" story for Sportsnet just to stick it in front of lots of eyes.

what else is there left to attack lol

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Johnsons defensive flaws have already been pointed out in different stats analysis stories

I saw a stats pack from Dellow the other day showing there were 42 dmen in the league who have played over a 1000 minutes of 5v4 (pp) time from 2007-13 ... he was looking at GOALS FOR by each defensemans team per 60min segment

JJ was 41st

Dellow: Some day I'm going to write the "Jack Johnson is a horror show" story for Sportsnet just to stick it in front of lots of eyes.

what else is there left to attack lol

If anything, JJ will be an extra defeneder.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have a pic?

:puke:

img23347469.jpg

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have plain one in Dick's Sporting Goods right now, as soon as the players are announced and numbers, will probably order a Kane and McDonagh one. Also will probably get the 2010 Parise one.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense is wide open for the USA if you ask me. I've even heard Cam Fowler's name get thrown in the mix as he is pretty prolific on the large ice surface and he's having a good year.

That's why I threw Seth's name out there, he's probably a longshot to make the team and he won't have Weber alongside, but his name should be in the mix.

/Canada could have used a guy by the name of Crosby in 2006 in Torino.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How times have changed eh guy's. Us fellas north of 40-45 years remember when it was easier to pick the top two or three countries that would be going for the gold but now it's not so easy. The biggest X factor IMO is in the goal tending. There's a pretty good collection of Euro goalies that esp if they get in the zone are difference makers. When it gets to a single game elimination tourney the guy between the pipes definitely becomes the difference. When you look at some of the rosters you think "man what country can put out a team to match this"? Then along come Dom Hasek, The team in front of him wasn't a collection of crap but how many picked them to win the Gold before it started?

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Van Riemsdyk? I suspect that he'll be there, especially since they can play him with a guy that's his regular linemate.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Van Riemsdyk? I suspect that he'll be there, especially since they can play him with a guy that's his regular linemate.

Parise will most likely get the top line LW spot and Kessel may beat out Kane for it, don't know if JVR would be on the same line as him. Love JVR though, he certainly will get a look.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parise will most likely get the top line LW spot and Kessel may beat out Kane for it, don't know if JVR would be on the same line as him. Love JVR though, he certainly will get a look.

If they both make the squad I suspect they'll play them on the same line. When you're talking about a team that's barely practiced together any familiarity you can capitalize on is big, and it's not like this is Gretzky and Semenko we're talking about.