• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even better, they booed them both!

this is such a terrible move by wwe.

That wasn’t a terrible move by the WWE. Putting the belt on Wyatt was the terrible idea. They built a character where he doesn’t need a belt and realistically only hurts that character when he has the belt.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn’t a terrible move by the WWE. Putting the belt on Wyatt was the terrible idea. They built a character where he doesn’t need a belt and realistically only hurts that character when he has the belt.

considering he’s been the number one merch seller the past 6 months, it made everyone happy.

I thought they put it on him too soon since he only had one match.

they booked themselves into a corner. They apparently didn’t understand how over he was already.

but make no mistake Wyatt deserved a good long title run. Vince seems hell bent on never letting him have one.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
considering he’s been the number one merch seller the past 6 months, it made everyone happy.

I thought they put it on him too soon since he only had one match.

they booked themselves into a corner. They apparently didn’t understand how over he was already.

but make no mistake Wyatt deserved a good long title run. Vince seems hell bent on never letting him have one.

Not saying Wyatt didn’t “deserve” a title reign. Problem with him, was the same as the Undertaker is that they didn’t need a title and it makes it impossible to take it off of him unless he is a bit part in the storyline. Such as the title is going to Reigns and needed it off of Wyatt. Once you give him the title there is less than a handful of guys who can take it off of him and not have outrage.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tucker has really stepped his game up recently.

Both he and big e could have fun singles runs at some point

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying Wyatt didn’t “deserve” a title reign. Problem with him, was the same as the Undertaker is that they didn’t need a title and it makes it impossible to take it off of him unless he is a bit part in the storyline. Such as the title is going to Reigns and needed it off of Wyatt. Once you give him the title there is less than a handful of guys who can take it off of him and not have outrage.

taker and Kane both lost to present legends for their first loss.

it probably should’ve been reigns at some point like summerslam or tlc 2020

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll have to finish it tomorrow but I can’t imagine that tag chamber match isn’t match of the night.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll have to finish it tomorrow but I can’t imagine that tag chamber match isn’t match of the night.

What was the better moment?7

Lince Shooting Star?

Or

Tucker Somersault?

Or

Otis Crashing throw a Pod?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the better moment?7

Lince Shooting Star?

Or

Tucker Somersault?

Or

Otis Crashing throw a Pod?

all of the above.

plus they made everyone look good without anyone else looking weak.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
taker and Kane both lost to present legends for their first loss.

it probably should’ve been reigns at some point like summerslam or tlc 2020

Well Goldberg beating the Fiend would’ve been like the Iron Sheik beating Taker. Wasn’t Kane’s first loss to Taker?

I kind of disagree with Reigns being the one guy to beat the Fiend. IMO it needed to be another guy who doesn’t need the belt, or it creates another guy. Kind of like when Foley was besting Taker. Whenever Undertaker lost matches to Shawn, it was always a storyline about Taker and someone else. The Fiend losing to Goldberg sets up really nothing because Cena is barely part time and doubtful once Reigns beats Goldberg he gets a rematch.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Goldberg beating the Fiend would’ve been like the Iron Sheik beating Taker. Wasn’t Kane’s first loss to Taker?

I kind of disagree with Reigns being the one guy to beat the Fiend. IMO it needed to be another guy who doesn’t need the belt, or it creates another guy. Kind of like when Foley was besting Taker. Whenever Undertaker lost matches to Shawn, it was always a storyline about Taker and someone else. The Fiend losing to Goldberg sets up really nothing because Cena is barely part time and doubtful once Reigns beats Goldberg he gets a rematch.

Taker to hogan

Kane to taker

I believe.

I said reigns because there’s no other superstar on SD’s laughably shallow roster that could credibly have taken the belt in a similar manner as the above examples. But I do get your point as well.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coronavirus reaction now affecting WWE;

Smackdown will broadcast from the Performance Center instead of Detroit. Gotta think WM won't take place in its current form the way things are going

SMACKDOWN CANCELED IN DETROIT THIS FRIDAY, WWE TO BROADCAST FROM PERFORMANCE CENTER | PWInsider.com

Sounds like PWInsider jumped the gun;

WWE says its not cancelled yet but are looking at contingencies for future shows.

WWE statement on reports of SmackDown being moved or canceled this week: "WWE has not cancelled Friday Night SmackDown in Detroit, however, based on the current situation, we are putting contingency plans in place in the event that upcoming WWE shows are cancelled by government officials, civil authorities and/or local venues."

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, unlike other sports, wwe without fans is kinda pointless...

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE will indeed broadcast Friday Night Smackdown this week from the WWE Performance Center.

PWInsider.com is told that an official decision to move the taping to Orlando was finally made this afternoon after a lot of back and forth discussion. The company is still working out the logistics and plans still being put into place.

PWInsider.com reported last night the taping would be moved from Detroit to Orlando due to coronavirus concerns, but WWE issued a statement that the Detroit taping was still on but that the company was working on contingency plans in case "in the event that upcoming WWE shows are cancelled by government officials, civil authorities and/or local venues.”

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, unlike other sports, wwe without fans is kinda pointless...

Not really. Pro wrestling back in the day use to be filmed in TV studios with a very limited crowd size (NWA does this currently). It can work

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow....Cena just threw some brutal trash talk saying something Some guys not on the same planet as the fiend were the future....

Ouch...

that was a good promo...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did a decent job all things considered. I'd stop doing promos in the ring though. It looks awkward as hell standing out there with a mic in a giant room with just a couple of people

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did a decent job all things considered. I'd stop doing promos in the ring though. It looks awkward as hell standing out there with a mic in a giant room with just a couple of people
Wow....Cena just threw some brutal trash talk saying something Some guys not on the same planet as the fiend were the future....

Ouch...

that was a good promo...

I liked what HHH did from the perch.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was interesting that Wyatt showed up in person with no one around...the only other time bray showed up in person (not fiend) was when he attacked miz.

no funhouse was interesting....

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taker to hogan

Kane to taker

I believe.

I said reigns because there’s no other superstar on SD’s laughably shallow roster that could credibly have taken the belt in a similar manner as the above examples. But I do get your point as well.

It is semantics but Taker beat Hogan first, lost then was on to another storyline. Once they put the Fiend as the top guy, he essentially has to stay chasing the title which isn’t realistic. It’s just my opinion it was dumb to put it on him which forced them to have to put something like Goldberg or some past star to temporarily hold the title until Reigns beats him.