• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree

and to do a squash match with Ricochet and Lesner is dumb.

also, completely halts any momentum you have with Naomi.

I mean, I think the Brock one is not surprising. They’re making it a huge deal for Drew to claymore kick his head off.

Naomi getting a title shot after being gone for months...she got what she got. They’re probably buying time for Sasha or bliss.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd much rather have it be Cena vs Fiend for the title. It's a VASTLY superior match in every way. Especially if you put Fiend over. Cena is still close enough to the product to where he's not a nostaglia act. It's believeable he might have one last good run in him. And you'd have an interesting dynamic of would they put the Fiend over him or go with Cena tying the record for title runs. There's a lot of intrigue both in the meta and story wise to play with. From what I've seen of the reaction, most everyone would have taken this happily.

This Goldberg stuff is just fucking stupid. Normally, I'm the type that's pretty mellow. People like different things, that's ok. But if you're out there and you like this, you're fucking stupid. Once again for the people in the back, you are fucking stupid. Goldberg is in his mid-50s, can't go more than 4 minutes without gassing out, barely is even a part timer. He's not entertaining and hasn't been in 25 years. What story is there to tell with him other than to make everyone else look stupid because everyone else on the roster has to stop and play along. It stops everything. Any momentum guys have built up over the weeks or months gets squashed dropping in a guy like Goldberg.The guys on the roster have been busting their ass week in and week out. They deserve better than this.

Goldberg needed 4 spears and a Jackhammer to beat Wyatt, if you look back at that first Goldberg/Lesnar match from 2016 he beat Brock with only 2 spears & a Jackhammer. In the WWE world that basically puts the The Fiend over huge since it took Goldberg more to beat The Fiend than he did for Brock.

And second it all depends on what Fox wants, Goldberg’s obviously a name people know and so just like when Brock won the title on the first SmackDown show, if Fox wanted a bigger name going into Wrestlemania then that’s what Fox is going to get.

Last edited:

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldberg needed 4 spears and a Jackhammer to beat Wyatt, if you look back at that first Goldberg/Lesnar match from 2016 he beat Brock with only 2 spears & a Jackhammer. In the WWE world that basically puts the The Fiend over huge since it took Goldberg more to beat The Fiend than he did for Brock.

And second it all depends on what Fox wants, Goldbergs obviously is a name people know and so just like when Brock won the title on the first SmackDown show, if Fox wanted a bigger name going into Wrestlemania then that’s what Fox is going to get.

Did he do NOTHING else though?

The better argument is Goldberg fought dirty attacking fiend while he was taking his jacket off...

but even that.

This is only slightly better than the Kofi thing...except Kofi wasn't built up as an unstoppable monster.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a couple of head butts mixed in there that might have been harder than they had to be and might have gotten Wyatt wobbly. Poor Goldberg had to get the fat fiend up all on his own which is why it was not a real jackhammer.

Kind of had the inkling of Wyatt possibly getting suspended again or something other than I wish we did not even know what happened at these battles in the kitty litter.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest issue with WWE is their over-reliance on older stars. Yesterday really magnified that. 53 year old Goldberg shouldn't be champ in 2020.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest issue with WWE is their over-reliance on older stars. Yesterday really magnified that. 53 year old Goldberg shouldn't be champ in 2020.

Because Saudi Arabia doesn’t pay for WWE to put over stars that won’t reach television in Saudi Arabia for at least another decade. In Saudi Arabia the attitude era just started on their network television.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching smackdown now, love how they are booing Goldberg out of the building

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even better, they booed them both!

this is such a terrible move by wwe.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get how they just roll from The Fiend losing to Goldberg to him going after Cena...like he has no memory of ever having the title at all.

Dumb and all for blood money.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get how they just roll from The Fiend losing to Goldberg to him going after Cena...like he has no memory of ever having the title at all.

Dumb and all for blood money.

not only that, but how many times has he showed up like that and not attacked someone?

Usually the funhouse issues the challenge of its not going to get physical.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Saudi Arabia doesn’t pay for WWE to put over stars that won’t reach television in Saudi Arabia for at least another decade. In Saudi Arabia the attitude era just started on their network television.

I have heard this Saudi Arabia deal is worth a billiion with a B to McMahon. After Vince pulled the TV feed and fled the country last time around leaving the superstars and crew to be held like hostages, they said they wanted titles to change this time around.
I am on the fuck saudi arabia fence and wish they would have just done that show and had everything back to normal when they returned like Saudi Arabia did not happen.

As far as Cena and Wyatt. Wyatt better put in some effort when Cena tries to get him on his shoulders or Cena aint gonna get it done like Goldberg did.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Smackdown from last week last night on my DVR. Yeah, I noticed the boos for Goldberg too. I figure the boos for Reigns/Goldberg at WM 36 will be among the loudest in WWE history.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Smackdown from last week last night on my DVR. Yeah, I noticed the boos for Goldberg too. I figure the boos for Reigns/Goldberg at WM 36 will be among the loudest in WWE history.

mom hoping it gets treated like Golberg/Lesnar.

it deserves worse than that...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LETS not forget that McIntyre earned his shot by winning the rumble.

Roman reigns got a title shot by saying 2 words....

...not even winning an elimination chamber match...the same one that Sheamus declared himself for that apparently isn’t happening...

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Internet wrestling wants to see Sasha turn on Bayley and then challenge her at Wrestlemania.

I want to see a paranoid Bayley turn on Sasha. "I see how you look at my belt. You want to be the role model."

Heel Bayley vs Face Sasha at Wrestlemania.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Internet wrestling wants to see Sasha turn on Bayley and then challenge her at Wrestlemania.

I want to see a paranoid Bayley turn on Sasha. "I see how you look at my belt. You want to be the role model."

Heel Bayley vs Face Sasha at Wrestlemania.

that would’ve been a better story if Sasha won the rumble.

instead they used to it so the best wrestler on the roster will job out to the jv champ to try and slow down aew on Wednesday nights

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would’ve been a better story if Sasha won the rumble.

instead they used to it so the best wrestler on the roster will job out to the jv champ to try and slow down aew on Wednesday nights

You know...for someone who claims to like NXT, you sure do hate it with the fire of a two thousand suns.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know...for someone who claims to like NXT, you sure do hate it with the fire of a two thousand suns.

It’s fine. Just overrated.

and ridiculous over pushed since the survivor series build up.

there’s nothing wrong with being aaa. Mike trout and mookie Betts play start aaa before they make the big time. So did cena, lesnar etc. stop trying to make it something it’s not....