• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, lot of good tag team talent out there as well.

First they need to get more legitimate looking tag titles. The current titles are hideous and look like someone took a Penny and sewed it onto a black strap.

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironic how WWE continues to hemorrhage money while the network tanks but the scripts just keep getting worse.

They really should have negotiated a deal with a network willing to allow another era of edgier content.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear the SportsHoopla Wrasslin thread brain trust could make a more entertaining product with great matches, rivalries, pushes, and story lines.

:agree:

Damn straight! I've seen the guys on here put some pretty damn good matches together. One can always hope! :hope:

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironic how WWE continues to hemorrhage money while the network tanks but the scripts just keep getting worse.

They really should have negotiated a deal with a network willing to allow another era of edgier content.

Would LOVE to see another Attitude Era!

Need guys like Stone Cold to tell the Authority to :finger2:

I'm a big Cena fan, but I've wished for a heel turn now for years! I liked his Thugganomics bit when he was a lot younger.

Need another DX, Dudley Boyz, APA (Simmons/JBL) -- :drool:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont think its what the network is willing to allow, its at the point of WWE wondering if they are giving USA what they want instead of what WWE needs to do. Ever since they started letting wrestlers pick up a mic in the ring and tell a story, it became scripted reality show added to wrestling. People believe Lana is Russian, make a real americans team with a bunch of immigrants.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think its what the network is willing to allow, its at the point of WWE wondering if they are giving USA what they want instead of what WWE needs to do. Ever since they started letting wrestlers pick up a mic in the ring and tell a story, it became scripted reality show added to wrestling. People believe Lana is Russian, make a real americans team with a bunch of immigrants.

In fairness, there was only 1 immigrant on the Real Americans, and he lived up to all American values.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BTW, I don't think anyone believes that Lana is Russian, we just don't care because she's hawt!

:drool:

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

One thing that has me somewhat optimistic about the writing is that they apparently fired a bunch of key writers during last week's budget cuts and I thought Monday's Raw was the best one in ages. Obviously I'm not happy about anyone losing their job, but if people like VKM, Paul Heyman take a more hands on approach to the writing it could lead to a better product.

I don't think USA is the reason for the lack of edgy content. I think they're going for a kid's market for advertising purposes (imagine Stone Cold circa 98 on a box of Fruity Pebbles)

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just getting caught up on some stuff and the thought occurred to me...why isn't Stardust silver?

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that has me somewhat optimistic about the writing is that they apparently fired a bunch of key writers during last week's budget cuts and I thought Monday's Raw was the best one in ages. Obviously I'm not happy about anyone losing their job, but if people like VKM, Paul Heyman take a more hands on approach to the writing it could lead to a better product.

I don't think USA is the reason for the lack of edgy content. I think they're going for a kid's market for advertising purposes (imagine Stone Cold circa 98 on a box of Fruity Pebbles)

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vince continues to fire writers but we get the same garbage product because its what he wants. When they toned down the product strictly for Linda's political run, WWE and the USA Network were able to sustain pretty successful numbers. That period got both companies adjusted to the watered down and childish product we have now.

The solution isn't to re-create the Attitude Era either. Its all about booking and bringing up the right talent. Most fans could write this shit better than the people who get paid to do.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vince continues to fire writers but we get the same garbage product because its what he wants. When they toned down the product strictly for Linda's political run, WWE and the USA Network were able to sustain pretty successful numbers. That period got both companies adjusted to the watered down and childish product we have now.

The solution isn't to re-create the Attitude Era either. Its all about booking and bringing up the right talent. Most fans could write this shit better than the people who get paid to do.

You're spot on with the talent comment. I think WWE is wasting a ton of talent by bringing in old retreads to take the spotlight, then leave until another big PPV comes around.

However, I think the second bolded comment goes against the first bolded comment. You can't have a watered down, childish product and an "Attitude Era" type of system at the same time. I don't think it's a solution, but I think it works in conjunction with using the talent you have on the roster, in addition to bringing in good talent.

Op-Ed: Should WWE resurrect the Attitude Era?

Food for thought.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DX is interesting though. The way it could work is if HHH gets fired from his suit job again, Vince comes back with Batista and has him take over the authority. I know you mean like DX, but it would work with Hunter and Sean Waltman has a legends contract. Road dog and billy gunn looked old and tired.

I think what would be best is if they could get Sting involved. I would love to see him as the crow character in the rafters again. That one move could turn it all around, especially if he had his eyes on the authority and was allowed to dominate again.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sting has been in the WWE rumor mill for like a year. The build-up is going to be too much. His appearance (if it ever does come) will be underwhelming. I may be biased because I never liked Sting anyways, but his coming into the WWE now would just seem cartoonish.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sting has been in the WWE rumor mill for like a year. The build-up is going to be too much. His appearance (if it ever does come) will be underwhelming. I may be biased because I never liked Sting anyways, but his coming into the WWE now would just seem cartoonish.

He signed the legends contract already. Who thought they would ever give xpac a legends contract. But they need that for the rights to use their images for the network. I know most wwf fans didnt like sting since he was the top draw of the other sanction wcw, and his refusal to sign here when his contract was up.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OILBcUliFQI]THE A R C H I T E C T // Seth Rollins MV - YouTube[/ame]

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna fuck the shit out of Stephanie.