• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the ending it's just confusing because, to me, it made the new belt completely irrelevent. With HHH feuding with Rollins and Reigns, Owens has noone to challenge him to make the title a non joke. This seems like a great angle for a lesser title trying to elevate other wrestlers. It just seems they brought back the WCW television title.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the ending it's just confusing because, to me, it made the new belt completely irrelevent. With HHH feuding with Rollins and Reigns, Owens has noone to challenge him to make the title a non joke. This seems like a great angle for a lesser title trying to elevate other wrestlers. It just seems they brought back the WCW television title.

He can feud with the last person who beat him, Sami Zayn. The fans are hot for Zayn so they wont think it's a joke that he's challenging Owens. They are practically the only feud in wrestling where you can keep going to back to it over and over and the fans will buy in because of who both men are.

I doubt WWE planned it this way so soon but you have Sami finally getting over the hump and finally beating KO only for Owens for now have the title, it practically wrote itself and I'm sure WWE thought of that when they put the belt on KO.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And inlies the mistake. Young talent and talent who DESERVE IT are not being pushed because of shotty booking. The only young kid that they are high on is Big Cass.

Now unless the life saving surgery works, it has in the past( Attitude Era), then Vince might have to be ready for tough times ahead.

Did you not hear the crowd after Owens won? A full stadium chant of you deserve it broke out. They are pushing someone who deserves it.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you not hear the crowd after Owens won? A full stadium chant of you deserve it broke out. They are pushing someone who deserves it.

Really because the CC on my TV said something else:

"You did nothing", "you did nothing"

and for CC 32 and half deaf(only can here out of my right ear)

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm somewhat in the middle on this. I don't mind the HHH run in but think it could've been done in such a way as to make Owens and keep Rollins strong. A part time wrestler just took out two of your top starts with one finishing move each. I'm somewhat OK with one move taking out Reigns cause that happened on the floor. I think Rollins should've kicked out after the pedigree and Owens should've hit him with a frog splash or popup power bomb for the win. Then you would've still had the question of why HHH took out Rollins and Owens could brag he took out Rollins and would've beaten him anyway without HHH's help. Rollins is still strong cause it took two guys to beat him and he can demand a rematch. HHH could then say Owens was the best man and deserved to win which gives Owens the rub. I just think WWE has limited their choices of storyline going forward with the way they booked the finish.

Reigns was pedigreed on the outside. That is more than just 1 finisher. Also they had all just fought a long match. Rollins had also just taken a spear not minutes before so he was also already hurt. It wasn't like he came in in the beginning of a match and they all just dropped.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch it live, but the CC on the youtube video I watched said you deserved it. You could be right tho.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reigns was pedigreed on the outside. That is more than just 1 finisher. Also they had all just fought a long match. Rollins had also just taken a spear not minutes before so he was also already hurt. It wasn't like he came in in the beginning of a match and they all just dropped.
Good point, I forgot about the spear. I still think that if Rollins kicked out and Owens finished him off it makes Owens a stronger Champ. But I realize I may be nick picking this. And it ALL depends on where WWE goes with all this on RAW Labor Day evening.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Owens is a heel. Why does he have to win in a way that is clean? Heels don't generally have to win in ways that are clean. Owens can still feud with whoever doesn't feud with HHH or Zayn (ugh I really hope not) or they could call Joe up or Lesner or any number of people. There are a ton of ways they could go with this and this is the most excited I've been about Raw since the first Raw after the Brand split.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, I forgot about the spear. I still think that if Rollins kicked out and Owens finished him off it makes Owens a stronger Champ. But I realize I may be nick picking this. And it ALL depends on where WWE goes with all this on RAW Labor Day evening.
Also Owens is a heel. Having things fall his way and having help are what happens for heels. Let's not forget all the times Michaels and HHH had help from DX and things like that from the Attitude Era. I'm rewatching a lot of the Old Raws and like 75% of matches seem to have interference or a weapon used behind the refs back or something.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch it live, but the CC on the youtube video I watched said you deserved it. You could be right tho.
I heard a small 'you deserve it' chant but it never gained much momentum and was no where near the chant Ambrose got after his title win.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a small 'you deserve it' chant but it never gained much momentum and was no where near the chant Ambrose got after his title win.
Meh. Owens does deserve it. He has been one of the top 3 performers in the WWE since he came up with Styles and Reigns IMO.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Owens is a heel. Having things fall his way and having help are what happens for heels. Let's not forget all the times Michaels and HHH had help from DX and things like that from the Attitude Era. I'm rewatching a lot of the Old Raws and like 75% of matches seem to have interference or a weapon used behind the refs back or something.
True and him taking advantage of HHH's interference is a heelish move. IMO Owens hitting one of his finishers to finish off Rollins wouldn't be a clean win just a stronger one.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True and him taking advantage of HHH's interference is a heelish move. IMO Owens hitting one of his finishers to finish off Rollins wouldn't be a clean win just a stronger one.
I wouldn't have been fine either way. I just don't think it's a big enough deal to care.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Owens does deserve it. He has been one of the top 3 performers in the WWE since he came up with Styles and Reigns IMO.
I think he does too but the crowd still seemed in shock from the HHH appearance which is probability what WWE was going for. The reaction this Monday night will be a better indication if the fans think he deserved it or not.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Owens is a heel. Why does he have to win in a way that is clean? Heels don't generally have to win in ways that are clean. Owens can still feud with whoever doesn't feud with HHH or Zayn (ugh I really hope not) or they could call Joe up or Lesner or any number of people. There are a ton of ways they could go with this and this is the most excited I've been about Raw since the first Raw after the Brand split.

Hmm. Some we ca agree on Tubbsy

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mark of a great heel is that he cheats or does something dirty to win when the crowd knows he's good enough that he didn't need too. The crowd knows how good Owens is and how he doesn't need to cheat but since he does anyway it makes him look like a dick and not at all weak. The crowd doesn't hate Owens because he looks weak they hate him because they know he's good but still does underhanded things.

The same reason Ric Flair was over huge as a heel, the crowd knew he could win matches on his own but the fact that he felt like cheating is what made them hate him 10x more.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really because the CC on my TV said something else:

"You did nothing", "you did nothing"

and for CC 32 and half deaf(only can here out of my right ear)

It was "You deserve it" and it had grown VERY loud by the end of the show. They even held the show a little longer after the credit box to soak more if it in rather than just go off the air.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was "You deserve it" and it had grown VERY loud by the end of the show. They even held the show a little longer after the credit box to soak more if it in rather than just go off the air.

Honestly that is what i thought it was. My CC has the tendency to suck serious donkey balls from time to time with certain channels. One of which is SN360

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can feud with the last person who beat him, Sami Zayn. The fans are hot for Zayn so they wont think it's a joke that he's challenging Owens. They are practically the only feud in wrestling where you can keep going to back to it over and over and the fans will buy in because of who both men are.

I doubt WWE planned it this way so soon but you have Sami finally getting over the hump and finally beating KO only for Owens for now have the title, it practically wrote itself and I'm sure WWE thought of that when they put the belt on KO.

But him continuing on feuding with Zayn is going to make title anything more prestigious than the US title? That's my only thing with it, is that IMO they blew it with not allowing Owens to cheat to win somehow, namely turning Reigns and Owens. But I'm also a guy that can't take seriously Owens being a bully heel.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
About the idea that Owens is a heel and he cheated to win in heel fashion. He really didn't cheat to win. It was a no DQ match so the ending was within the rules. He did nothing ruthless or cunning on his own. As of right now he wasn't a part of some grand conspiracy to gift him the title. He sat in the corner dazed while HHH pinned his opponents for him. He looked shocked when it happened. Cesaro or Sami Zayn would have reacted the same way as Owens. It wasn't particularly heel-ish unless he was in on some conspiracy with HHH and that wasn't indicated Monday.
Also the point of heels cheating to win is that it gets heat on them so the fans to root harder for the babyface to win the next match. The fans were chanting "you deserve it" at Owens. Not a few rogue fans. It sounded like it was most of the crowd.

It's just one chapter of the story. I personally didn't care for it but based on all of the reaction I've seen on the internet I'm in a 1 percent at most minority on this so I guess the WWE did their job. The next few Raws are huge in where the story goes next. There are so many moving parts. HHH, Foley, Stephanie, Rollins, Reigns, Owens... There was also that bizarre segment with Heyman and Stephanie. Lesnar has a house show match the night before the next Raw PPV so he and Heyman might be involved in some way too.