• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You know the brand split will be a diaster if this is happening. What's the point of highlighting all this new talent if you need to bring back older guys? You know none of those guys are gonna come back just to job all the time.
I'm hoping its to fill out the house show roster or maybe replace guys like Joe and Aries in NXT so NXT keeps a veteran presence when they get a call up. Although from that list I would like to see Carlito get a legitimate run. He's still only 37 and he can cut a great promo

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A theory I have on the championship...

HHH's last win was against Ambrose at Roadblock. He never got his rematch. Maybe sets up HHH vs Ambrose at BG so the Shield triple threat can be held off to main event Summerslam

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they bring Carlito back just so he can destroy Primo and Epico so we never have to see them again. They are an embarrassment.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A theory I have on the championship...

HHH's last win was against Ambrose at Roadblock. He never got his rematch. Maybe sets up HHH vs Ambrose at BG so the Shield triple threat can be held off to main event Summerslam

I dont think Vince wants HHH wrestling anymore. Does not even seem like he wants him on TV either. Honestly, I thought a match for control would have been more of HHH vs Shane instead of having Shane vs taker. I really dont know how triple threat with the shield works right now, Seth was rusty, Roman is Roman and Ambrose is the big baby face now. I think there needs to be more animosity between Ambrose and Roman to make that triple work. My bigger fear is somehow Jericho is going to get back in the picture, styles seems set up with Cena, but if Styles gets a shot at the belt, you know Rollins or Reigns would still probably stop the club from stealing the belt. Wyatts are due to return tonight too though, so you really never know who they will feud against since it always seems like a feud with them.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I dont think Vince wants HHH wrestling anymore. Does not even seem like he wants him on TV either. Honestly, I thought a match for control would have been more of HHH vs Shane instead of having Shane vs taker. I really dont know how triple threat with the shield works right now, Seth was rusty, Roman is Roman and Ambrose is the big baby face now. I think there needs to be more animosity between Ambrose and Roman to make that triple work. My bigger fear is somehow Jericho is going to get back in the picture, styles seems set up with Cena, but if Styles gets a shot at the belt, you know Rollins or Reigns would still probably stop the club from stealing the belt. Wyatts are due to return tonight too though, so you really never know who they will feud against since it always seems like a feud with them.

HHH just signed a contract extension for a few years as a wrestler. I think he continues as a part timer for awhile

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of house cleaning items:

1) The 1st live smackdown (July 19th i believe) is when the WWE DRAFT will take place( via WWE)

2) A really good read giving reasoning behind Ambrose as Champion last night

Possible Reason Why WWE Decided to Pull the World Title Off Roman Reigns at Money in the Bank - Wrestlezone

Yeah, the Roman Reigns hate spewers had that article going for the past two weeks. None of the facts of how many seats these arenas in Springfield IL and humpyercuzin MO hold, or what percent capacity were in attendance. Maybe its more of WWE putting the wrestlers where the people are. I dont think I have ever seen advertisements for house shows around Chicago.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Roman Reigns hate spewers had that article going for the past two weeks. None of the facts of how many seats these arenas in Springfield IL and humpyercuzin MO hold, or what percent capacity were in attendance. Maybe its more of WWE putting the wrestlers where the people are. I dont think I have ever seen advertisements for house shows around Chicago.
In 2015, WWE netted $425 million from the media division and $98 million from consumer products....live events generated $124 million.

So if USA loves Reigns, wants him in their commercials, love the type of audience he draws and Mattel loves how he moves toys, maybe even seeing a huge spike in WWE belts sold during his Christmas title run, then WWE is going to service that because it's far more vital to their bottom line....because it's not 1985 where most money came from live events. Why would they stop doing something that makes money, even if in 2016 it's an ancillary revenue stream?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like WWE has a gold mine on their hands with Titus O'Neal if they would just push him.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is the "Bullet Club" just "The Club" in the WWE? Due to copyright issues?

If so, so dumb. Just rename them or for Godsake WWE use your millions and buy those copyright rights to use the real name.

Using The Club reminds me of TNA using the name The Band for nWo reuniting in TNA....

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the brand split will be a diaster if this is happening. What's the point of highlighting all this new talent if you need to bring back older guys? You know none of those guys are gonna come back just to job all the time.
Might be used to promote the brand split and try their best to regain fans who have left due to the poor product over the last few years, and to get the attention back from the casual fans.

These older guys will probably be around for a fued or two, ultimately putting over one of the new guys.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is the "Bullet Club" just "The Club" in the WWE? Due to copyright issues?

If so, so dumb. Just rename them or for Godsake WWE use your millions and buy those copyright rights to use the real name.

Using The Club reminds me of TNA using the name The Band for nWo reuniting in TNA....

New Japan owns the "Bullet Club" name so WWE isn't allowed to use it.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2015, WWE netted $425 million from the media division and $98 million from consumer products....live events generated $124 million.

So if USA loves Reigns, wants him in their commercials, love the type of audience he draws and Mattel loves how he moves toys, maybe even seeing a huge spike in WWE belts sold during his Christmas title run, then WWE is going to service that because it's far more vital to their bottom line....because it's not 1985 where most money came from live events. Why would they stop doing something that makes money, even if in 2016 it's an ancillary revenue stream?

speaking of belts, pretty quick turn around getting Ambrose's DA on the side medallians after winning the title.

I just question the capacity of the places they are going. Just seem like small venues. They are doing a raw and smackdown show and two or three shows on weekends, so 5 a week, is 200 or 250 shows for 125 million. 5000 fans is what 100k in tickets?

Last edited: