• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sloppy match from Zayn, he had trouble selling a lot of stuff.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
With the 3 hr Raw they should do more segments like the Rollins/Reigns sit down interviews they did tonight.
So much better than a throw away tag match they would normally do in that time

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same. Hell Lesnar is a big deal for vince. He must be getting something he want's bad in return.

I think he is getting the fact that Dana white is telling MMA fans that Brock Lesnar has a match for summer slam. I think the only thing Vince is getting back is Brock, he is too much to lose, even though they are not using him correctly anymore.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is getting the fact that Dana white is telling MMA fans that Brock Lesnar has a match for summer slam. I think the only thing Vince is getting back is Brock, he is too much to lose, even though they are not using him correctly anymore.

I have been reading about a appearance at Summerslam by a fighter. Most likely Paige VanZant(sp)

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He should be the champion. No need for the champion to be on display every week. Thats how it was in the olden days. Noone else on the roster is really worthy of being the champ other than maybe Cezero. As much as I like Seth he is better off with one of the lesser belts.

At least Rusev is back headlining. The dude is a much better big man then everyone but Lesnar, And is it just my imagination or has Lana gotten even hotter since her return?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ vs Cena - I like the matchup but I don't like the setup. AJ needs the win. Even if he is not green, he is the rookie in WWE. Like Cena pointed out, he really hasn't done much since he has been here. When I say he needs the win, he needs it without interference.

MITB - I don't think it will be one of the greatest but I think it has a good set up. Zayn and Owens have great chemistry and see Owens slamming Zayn into a crazy slam. Ambrose is crazy, so he will keep it entertaining. I think Jericho is on a mission to try new bumps (like he did with the tacks). Cesaro and ADR will do a good job at keeping it not too extreme.

It will be interesting to see what direction they have Charlotte going. I like how she is a careless, heartless badass.

Reigns vs Rollins - I don't know who I want to win. Rollins needs to be face and Reigns needs to be heel and they had the perfect setup to turn too. Reigns had a perfect catchphrase and Rollins returning from injury. I think Reigns might be the one who needs to win. I think it has more options.

I hate fatal 4-way tag matches, so I think that will be dumb.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be the champion. No need for the champion to be on display every week. Thats how it was in the olden days. Noone else on the roster is really worthy of being the champ other than maybe Cezero. As much as I like Seth he is better off with one of the lesser belts.

At least Rusev is back headlining. The dude is a much better big man then everyone but Lesnar, And is it just my imagination or has Lana gotten even hotter since her return?

Hotter that she is showing more skin. At first it was getting peeks of skin, but I dont think she was training to wrestle after they made her the valet. Getting her in the ring got her back in the gym I think. I was watching her do a live question and answer on facebook and she only fell out of the accent two or three times.

Brock just took that belt to a new level, and part of it was being like a UFC or WBC champ fighting every couple months, not even every PPV.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been reading about a appearance at Summerslam by a fighter. Most likely Paige VanZant(sp)

Theres some whole deal happening, CM Punk is supposed to fight the night before summerslam, brock at summerslam, and the last few have really been the better PPV between SS and WM.

So the way it should go down, Brock beats a fighter, punk loses to a fighter, maybe its more about making sure punk does not succeed than letting brock fight to show it truly does take a special fighter. I might watch the UFC that saturday night, but it would be more to see if AJ is around.....

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have an unpopular opinion here. I usually do. But to me, the MITB match has jumped the shark. And it did so a long time ago.

90% of the cash ins have been the exact same thing. Wait til the champ has been knocked cold and then run in quick and cash it in and snatch the title.

It was fine the first time back when Edge did it to Cena because we had never seen that before. They did a better job with Seth Rollins when he used it to insert himself into the match.

The best was when RVD used it to set up a match with Cena that they were able to build upon and make it into a PPV main event.

But all these "surprise" cash-ins where the champ is at his most vulnerable are no longer a surprise. The "swerve" is gone. The surprise has become the norm.

I think WWE needs to start taking the MITB winner and setting him up into an angle culminating with a title match at a PPV like they did with RVD.

Otherwise, MITB has become as silly as the old 24/7 Hardcore Title Rule.

Just a matter of time before the MITB briefcase is cashed in at a hotel room. Complete with referee and all.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have an unpopular opinion here. I usually do. But to me, the MITB match has jumped the shark. And it did so a long time ago.

90% of the cash ins have been the exact same thing. Wait til the champ has been knocked cold and then run in quick and cash it in and snatch the title.

It was fine the first time back when Edge did it to Cena because we had never seen that before. They did a better job with Seth Rollins when he used it to insert himself into the match.

The best was when RVD used it to set up a match with Cena that they were able to build upon and make it into a PPV main event.

But all these "surprise" cash-ins where the champ is at his most vulnerable are no longer a surprise. The "swerve" is gone. The surprise has become the norm.

I think WWE needs to start taking the MITB winner and setting him up into an angle culminating with a title match at a PPV like they did with RVD.

Just a matter of time before the MITB briefcase is cashed in at a hotel room. Complete with referee and all.
Don't forget the part where the MITB briefcase holder jobs to EVERYONE on the roster until he cashes in.

Oh wait...or was that just Ziggler???

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least they never had a guy cash in the briefcase, win the title and then proceed to lose every single match he was in while he was champion.

Damn.

Sorry about that, Jack Swagger. Didn't mean to forget about you like that.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least they never had a guy cash in the briefcase, win the title and then proceed to lose every single match he was in while he was champion.

Damn.

Sorry about that, Jack Swagger. Didn't mean to forget about you like that.

Well getting busted for weed is a great way to derail your career.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate it all together. I thought the Rollins deal was a joke, never once, ever, was this briefcase intended to turn a main event into a three way match. If it was the intention, or ever happened before, it just shows how much I hate the idea anyway.
The way Cole was doing the announcing, he made it sound like it was always like that. Rollins had no plan to cash against Brock if he won, and probably would not have even if Roman won the match (which was also a big mistake) Would have been a real moment, letting Roman have his 10 seconds, jump from the crowd, cash, pin and steal the belt. Would have done more to sell his heel.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They just pulled a good, coherent MITB go-home show out of their ass tonight

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And don't forget the multiple times they come out on RAW and tease the cash in, only to have the champ come back to coherence and then someway the briefcase was never "officially" cashed in.

One of these times, if they are going to continue to set up these cash ins the way you described them, they should actually have a cash in on a RAW that is legit, and the title turns. At least that is a little better of a surprise because everyone will be waiting for the glitch.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Edge won the 1st MITB match in 2005, he really made it to seem like a big deal. He really played up the fact that he could cash in at anytime he wanted to. Its funny, because according to a shoot interview with Jericho, Edge wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with that match. He would have been content with sitting WM 21out, if that is all they had for him.

RVD cashing in at ECW ONS 2006 was also a pretty good moment.

Think it started going downhill in 2007, when Kennedy won and got hurt.

I'm not particularly opposed to the MITB match, its a fun concept, but I can see why people are tired of it.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Edge won the 1st MITB match in 2005, he really made it to seem like a big deal. He really played up the fact that he could cash in at anytime he wanted to. Its funny, because according to a shoot interview with Jericho, Edge wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with that match. He would have been content with sitting WM 21out, if that is all they had for him.

RVD cashing in at ECW ONS 2006 was also a pretty good moment.

Think it started going downhill in 2007, when Kennedy won and got hurt.

I'm not particularly opposed to the MITB match, its a fun concept, but I can see why people are tired of it.

Same

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Lawler arrested for domestic violence and immediately suspended.