• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be the Balor Club by end of the summer.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman Reigns has been suspended 30 days for violating the WWE Wellness policy.

I can see people saying that WWE knew and that's why they took the title off him but if that were true then they wouldn't have put him in the 3-way at Battleground.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Roman Reigns has been suspended 30 days for violating the WWE Wellness policy.

I can see people saying that WWE knew and that's why they took the title off him but if that were true then they wouldn't have put him in the 3-way at Battleground.
Battleground is 7/24 after the suspension ends

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Battleground is 7/24 after the suspension ends

But you really think they'd suspend him and then put him in the main event right away? Vince must be super pissed because the guy he wanted as Champion just got suspended, I don't know if he's in a "let's push Roman Reigns" type of mood right now.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But you really think they'd suspend him and then put him in the main event right away? Vince must be super pissed because the guy he wanted as Champion just got suspended, I don't know if he's in a "let's push Roman Reigns" type of mood right now.

For Owens or Zayn a main event match is a push. For Reigns it's a demotion if he loses again

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Something smells fishy. I would have kicked him out of the main event but give him a mid card match vs Corbin

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it really makes no sense. Maybe thats why Jericho is pushing his angle, but you gotta believe Seth is going to be involved with Ambrose every week til Battle ground. It makes no sense to not have Reigns hyped at the same time. Having him suspended makes no sense for the three way, they should not have even announced it.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it really makes no sense. Maybe thats why Jericho is pushing his angle, but you gotta believe Seth is going to be involved with Ambrose every week til Battle ground. It makes no sense to not have Reigns hyped at the same time. Having him suspended makes no sense for the three way, they should not have even announced it.

Are you talking about not announcing the suspension or the 3-way? They have to announce every Wellness suspension and they may not have found out until today.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also while he could still be in the Battleground main event he wont be there for the Draft on 7/19 so which brand picks the suspended guy and what will be the fan reaction when he doesn't show up at all.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you talking about not announcing the suspension or the 3-way? They have to announce every Wellness suspension and they may not have found out until today.

I meant the match. It makes no sense to start hyping a match when one of them will not be part of the story line on Raw and smackdown.

As far as the draft though, it could set Roman up to be the first free agent one of the brands sign after the draft, that is, if they really want to make these GM's look like they are running things and not just doing as they are told.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant the match. It makes no sense to start hyping a match when one of them will not be part of the story line on Raw and smackdown.

As far as the draft though, it could set Roman up to be the first free agent one of the brands sign after the draft, that is, if they really want to make these GM's look like they are running things and not just doing as they are told.
I agree. Make Reigns ineligible for the draft since he is suspended. Then whoever is running each show, they have to persuade Reigns to "sign" with their show.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so whoever is wrestling at backlash are going to be drafted to the smackdown brand the tuesday before the PPV?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so whoever is wrestling at backlash are going to be drafted to the smackdown brand the tuesday before the PPV?

Well Backlash isn't until September and the draft is in July. If you meant Batleground which is the PPV right after the draft then it will likely be a Raw & SD PPV.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall WWE ever mentioning Wellness suspensions on tv, the talent usually just disappears off tv until the suspension is over.

The question seems should they though. The Montreal screw job was suppose to get swept under the rug but they ran with it..I think the way Roman fought basically heal against Rollins and this could make his character actually great if they roll with it when he comes back as they let him down...a Vince cameo could turn this into an awesome angle IMO

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't recall WWE ever mentioning Wellness suspensions on tv, the talent usually just disappears off tv until the suspension is over.
That's going to be really awkward if he's not on TV during the buildup to a main event program without an explanation provided.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The question seems should they though. The Montreal screw job was suppose to get swept under the rug but they ran with it..I think the way Roman fought basically heal against Rollins and this could make his character actually great if they roll with it when he comes back as they let him down...a Vince cameo could turn this into an awesome angle IMO
I read Bret Hart's book and came out of it convinced more than ever that Montreal was legit
I lean towards it being a work now. That theory makes too much sense