• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing USA could potentially be upset about is maybe they paid Raw for high 3's ratings and they're getting low 2's. So while they wouldn't dump WWE because it's still their best they could negotiate a lower price the ne t time their deal is up. Of course Vince could always come back with it was USA's idea to make Raw 3 hours and that's hurting the rating because people are burned out by hour 3.

Or the Network is doing great in a few years and Vince tells USA to take a hike and he puts all his programming on the network.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ariel Helwani is the guy reporting the Lesnar news. He's essentially the Jay Glazer of MMA, probably the most plugged in guy there is in the sport. I'd say this news is definitely legit

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if by some chance it is true no credible fighter will fight Brock on 3 weeks notice. So if you're not going to have him fight a big name and he just plows through some scrub why even do it?

That would be like Lesnar only having 1 more match in WWE and it's against Heath Slater.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The only thing USA could potentially be upset about is maybe they paid Raw for high 3's ratings and they're getting low 2's. So while they wouldn't dump WWE because it's still their best they could negotiate a lower price the ne t time their deal is up. Of course Vince could always come back with it was USA's idea to make Raw 3 hours and that's hurting the rating because people are burned out by hour 3.

Or the Network is doing great in a few years and Vince tells USA to take a hike and he puts all his programming on the network.

WWE gets high ratings but the fanbase isn't the most appealing demographic. It's low income with low education levels as a whole. That's part of the reason they've maintained the PG era even as ratings drop. They need to market to kids for certain sponsors who'll only advertise on a PG rated show.

I agree the WWE isn't in a bad spot. They have the network plus a growing relationship with ESPN.

At the same time USA has to be worried that the ratings keep dropping. Monday was a holiday and they competed with game 7 in the NBA. But this been an issue for months

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ariel Helwani is the guy reporting the Lesnar news. He's essentially the Jay Glazer of MMA, probably the most plugged in guy there is in the sport. I'd say this news is definitely legit

I know nothing about MMA. Good info

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say this happens. The only person more stubborn and pig-headed than Dana White is Vince McMahon so considering Brock isn't stupid enough to break his guaranteed WWE contract((again)last time he had a case this time he wouldn't) I'd only imagine that Vince and Dana worked out some sort of deal(maybe for Ronda Rousey) so Brock could fight.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Source: PWinsider
UFC'S DANA WHITE DENIES BROCK LESNAR IS BACK AS ACTIVE FIGHTER | PWInsider.com

With all the Brock Lesnar rumors making the rounds following Ariel Helwani's report that Brock Lesnar is close to signing a deal that would see him fight at UFC 200 on 7/9, it is interesting to note the following interview conducted yesterday by ESPN's Brett Okamoto where White comments on the idea that Lesnar was back in their camp:

White said that UFC recently heard from both Brock Lesnar and WWE's lawyers after a glitch led to him being listed as a member of the company's active roster on their website recently and referred to Lesnar as "under contract" with WWE. White spoke about Lesnar's run with UFC as if it was in the past.

Whether anything has changed in the last 24 hours however, we shall see

The part in bold could be where this rumor started. Dana could be covering but with him sticking to his guns on Conor McGregor not fighting at UFC 200 he has a recent history of not deceiving fans.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I was wrong, it is now official,

My only guess is that WWE is getting something big out of this deal, no way Vince allows this without getting something back.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE says its a one off fight and Lesnar will be back for Summerslam. There's some speculation this one off fight for Lesnar involves WWE getting Rousey to do another WM appearance. Even without getting her or McGregor, its a great move for WWE. Lots of good pub for them

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE says its a one off fight and Lesnar will be back for Summerslam. There's some speculation this one off fight for Lesnar involves WWE getting Rousey to do another WM appearance. Even without getting her or McGregor, its a great move for WWE. Lots of good pub for them

Here how i would book it:

They keep that Pompous princess storyline with Charlotte. She has a clean win vs Paige (for arguement's sake) at Fastlane. She comes out on Raw the next night saying now dominant she is and how great she is. Going as far as saying "I'm the most dominant women on this earth." Steph comes out and annouces at WM it's her vs a mystery opponet.

For the next 3 or 4 weeks. Dana, Emma and Charlotte start taking out the other divas thinking that there the WM opponent. 2 weeks before WM, they injure Sasha Banks (the last remaining diva. Again arguement's sake). Steph comes out and complaints her on a job well done............................However she is not facing a diva. She is facing her.............................

Out comes Rousey from the stage. Takes out the entrouge and then starts to put a submission hold on Charlotte.

Next week: Contract signing/Promo

WM

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well now according to him on twitter he got his credentials taken away and he's banned for life because he broke the Lesnar story. I"m sure it isn't permanent but Dana is pissed beyond belief.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Here how i would book it:

They keep that Pompous princess storyline with Charlotte. She has a clean win vs Paige (for arguement's sake) at Fastlane. She comes out on Raw the next night saying now dominant she is and how great she is. Going as far as saying "I'm the most dominant women on this earth." Steph comes out and annouces at WM it's her vs a mystery opponet.

For the next 3 or 4 weeks. Dana, Emma and Charlotte start taking out the other divas thinking that there the WM opponent. 2 weeks before WM, they injure Sasha Banks (the last remaining diva. Again arguement's sake). Steph comes out and complaints her on a job well done............................However she is not facing a diva. She is facing her.............................

Out comes Rousey from the stage. Takes out the entrouge and then starts to put a submission hold on Charlotte.

Next week: Contract signing/Promo

WM

I think a mixed tag with Rousey and the Rock vs HHH and Stephanie works better. You can't book your champ to get destroyed by Rousey and you can't have Rousey come in as an attraction and lose to your champ. If it is a one on one match it would have to be a veteran and a sacrificial lamb like Natalia, but they can probably get more mileage out of a mixed tag than that scenario. You can also do a heel Stephanie vs Rousey but I am not sure she can be trusted as it would be 2 non wrestlers in a one on one match

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're listing "dream matches" from when wrestling was a cultural force and at least twice as popular as it is now to detract from this one. Styles is by far the biggest name in wrestling of this era who wasn't a Vince creation and Cena is unquestionably the biggest name period. It's not NWO/DX but nothing in wrestling right now compares to that

As far as Cena being a "company man" I'd be shocked if he wasn't pushing for the feud. Styles might not fit your profile of a 300 lb wrestler but Cena wants to work with the best

you think he would prefer to work with the best over wearing another title? they must have big plans for his 16x slap in Flairs face next year.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

This is another UFC reporter saying that the UFC will hype Summerslam. They have a PPV that the same weekend in August. That also might be the night CM Punk makes his UFC debut. Meltzer's reporting that FoxSports is running a special series on Punk's UFC training this August

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How difficult must this be on Brocks body? Quick turnarounds and you have to mold your body and endurance/stamina in different ways.

I remember when Brock made his first return to WWE from UFC. He still had his UFC body, and he looked absolutely exhausted in his first match back. His entire body was basically red and he was sweating like crazy.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How difficult must this be on Brocks body? Quick turnarounds and you have to mold your body and endurance/stamina in different ways.

I remember when Brock made his first return to WWE from UFC. He still had his UFC body, and he looked absolutely exhausted in his first match back. His entire body was basically red and he was sweating like crazy.

I think that had more to do with the fact that he was just getting over his bout with diverticulitis more than anything else.