• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about that, considering he was plenty health at WM 31 and the original plans were for him to win the title then...

Original WrestleMania 32 Plan for Roman Reigns Revealed

Roman Reigns became the new WWE champion earlier this week and is set to keep his title going into Wrestlemania 32. However, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter has revealed what the original plans for The Powerhouse were.

Apparently, Roman Reigns was set to beat Brock Lesnar — who was hot off of ending the Undertaker’s streak — at Wrestlemania 31, however the fan reception to him changed their plans around. Following a win over Lesnar, Reigns would then face Cena at Wrestlemania 32 in what would be a passing of the torch match.

It's a good bet that they realized shortly before WM that that he'd be booed out of the building if he won so they'd give him more time (in this case another year) to see if there was any change with the fans, and at WM32 they couldn't wait any longer to give him a big title win (although he did get a better reaction from the fans on the whole than in WM31).

I mean, thats kinda backing up my point about how the fans reception changed their plans, now the fans are convinced they will control his destiny. I dont think the fans care one way or another who holds that belt, especially after HHH basically told the world that he chooses who wears it and it has nothing to do with earning anything. They just think they are changing Vinces plans now. I still say the timetable changed with the hernia more than anything.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's necessarily an in thing to do is boo Roman, I think it's the frustration of fans when the WWE squashes what fans want for 2 plus years and Roman gets the brunt of it. I do think the hipster type thing is the fans doing the lets go (insert name) then (insert name) sucks. That is rather annoying.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's necessarily an in thing to do is boo Roman, I think it's the frustration of fans when the WWE squashes what fans want for 2 plus years and Roman gets the brunt of it. I do think the hipster type thing is the fans doing the lets go (insert name) then (insert name) sucks. That is rather annoying.

Well, it seems like you are confusing what the fans want to fans pissing and moaning and expecting to get what they want. Its really not far off from CM Punk. He got the title and thought he had final say on how he was going to be used. Ended up pouting and sitting on the stage talking.

Isnt the main goal of a heel to piss off the fans? They just refuse to accept Reigns in any manner. Now we are back to having Styles and these other two that have been here for what a month and a half main eventing a PPV already, You know they will get involved.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it seems like you are confusing what the fans want to fans pissing and moaning and expecting to get what they want. Its really not far off from CM Punk. He got the title and thought he had final say on how he was going to be used. Ended up pouting and sitting on the stage talking.

Isnt the main goal of a heel to piss off the fans? They just refuse to accept Reigns in any manner. Now we are back to having Styles and these other two that have been here for what a month and a half main eventing a PPV already, You know they will get involved.

My analogy would be they think that Cena being such a polarizing character worked so they can with Reigns. Just as back in the day Hogan was son loved so they basically made Lex Luger Hogan 2.0 and he never sniffed the popularity that they wanted.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those that dont know, this is Cody Rhodes personal twiiter:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that the whole "Let's Go Cena" "Cena sucks" was hipster. Much worse to me is the fans still chanting "What?"

I wonder how many fans today know where that actually came from? Stone Cold as a heel during the Invasion angle.

That was 15-16 years ago. Were they even watching wrestling then?

15 years from now we will have wrestling fan hipsters who never saw a Daniel Bryan match chanting "yes yes yes."

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the whole "Let's Go Cena" "Cena sucks" was hipster. Much worse to me is the fans still chanting "What?"

I wonder how many fans today know where that actually came from? Stone Cold as a heel during the Invasion angle.

15 years from now we will have wrestling fan hipsters who never saw a Daniel Bryan match chanting "yes yes yes."
"WHAT!?" Chants are the absolute worst. SCSA has even said he hates it. It has ruined some big time promos over the years.

I also could see when Cena returns, he actually being much more accepted by the vocal older males just because of how much they dislike Reigns.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those that dont know, this is Cody Rhodes personal twiiter:

Good. He's a damn good worker and damn good on the stick.

Should have got a push instead of a stupid gimmick.

About the time his dad dead. They needed to make him Cody Rhodes again.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. He's a damn good worker and damn good on the stick.

Should have got a push instead of a stupid gimmick.

About the time his dad dead. They needed to make him Cody Rhodes again.
Actually, I think he was behind the Stardust gimmick. When his dad passed, HHH asked Cody if he wanted to drop the gimmick and go back to being Cody, but he wanted to stick with the gimmick. I personally like his gimmick, just wish he would get the push he deserves.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think he was behind the Stardust gimmick. When his dad passed, HHH asked Cody if he wanted to drop the gimmick and go back to being Cody, but he wanted to stick with the gimmick. I personally like his gimmick, just wish he would get the push he deserves.

I never was. I thought it was like "No Way Jose". A Cheap, Cheesy, Stupid throwback to the comical characters of mid 90's

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody loved the Stardust gimmick, hell it got him some mainstream exposure because of his feud with Stephen Amell from Arrow. He was a good hand and was pushed better than most wrestlers.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never was. I thought it was like "No Way Jose". A Cheap, Cheesy, Stupid throwback to the comical characters of mid 90's

I thought it worked when he teamed up with his brother then after the split up. But ya, once Dusty passed he should've shaken the gimmick. IMO he is alot more talented than alot the NXT guys who are getting a push with all the injuries.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cody's always been an enigma to me. He seems to check every box for an upper midcard/main even talent. Decent on the mic. Great technical wrestler with topnotch athleticism. TV looks (which is supposedly a big part of the equation in the WWE). The timing and circumstances just never came together to make him a star. When he and his brother were tagging up they had so much momentum and were putting on such great matches.i thought it would lead to an eventual breakup and WM feud to make Cody a bigtime heel. That was a missed opportunity imo.
He also never seem to catch on as a smark underdog favorite like Ziggler and Cesaro where he would keep getting a response from the diehards regardless of where he was on the card. For such a great talent he seemed to get lost in the shuffle alot IMO.
I'm not sure what his plans are from here but I think he's one of the guys who'd benefit from a run in Japan if he still wants to wrestle.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As far as the Stardust gimmick I personally wasn't a fan, but he definitely showed a dedication to the character and did some good things with it

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I hate the What chants. Generally obnoxious and make it more difficult for the wrestlers to cut their promos.

"Let's Go Cena" "Cena Sucks" on the otherhand is great imo. It gives his matches a big time feel.. Like Tyson or Ali in their prime where half the people want to see him get his ass kicked and the other half wants to see him win in a first rd knock out... Everyone is invested in the match and the polarizing responses makes it feel like more of a realistic sporting event than a show

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's absolutely baffling how someone like Cody Rhodes never got a serious push, but then you have the Miz who gets pushes all the time.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who detests the Pedigree as a finishing move? I really hate to go all smark on this but a guy gets kicked in the stomach and then just stands there bent over while the opponent places his head between his legs, pins his arms back and then jumps up and drops him on his head.

Talk about your suspension of disbelief fail!

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who detests the Pedigree as a finishing move? I really hate to go all smark on this but a guy gets kicked in the stomach and then just stands there bent over while the opponent places his head between his legs, pins his arms back and then jumps up and drops him on his head.

Talk about your suspension of disbelief fail!

its a tough move to sell. When HHH did it way at the beginning, it looked more like he kicked the guy in the balls. I would stay down if I got kicked that hard in the balls.

It was a really good WWE Network sunday special event, thats for sure. Sounds like its Cena on Memorial day raw, maybe start back with Rusev since Rollins will get Reigns, I'm guessing Randy Orton will return in the money in the bank match. Rusev lost his accent in the ask rusev (and lana) segment, Lana kept hers. After the match, I was surprised there was not more interaction between Rusev and Lana. She did not even go into the ring. Maybe the shoes were too much.

Just wonder when HHH will return.