• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the only thing that can save WM for me would be inducting Sting into the HOF, have his speech spew the hate from the WCW days, then show up in Shanes place for hell in the cell against the undertaker. We find the retirement story was a fake, twitter lights up and saves wrestlemania.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the only thing that can save WM for me would be inducting Sting into the HOF, have his speech spew the hate from the WCW days, then show up in Shanes place for hell in the cell against the undertaker. We find the retirement story was a fake, twitter lights up and saves wrestlemania.

That would be a cool idea. The only thought I have against it is that Shane v. Taker is currently the only (albeit in a bizarre way) interesting match for most people (esp more casual fans)...so a Sting story like that might be better if it impacted a different match or created an entirely new one.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it does not need to be the authority. Right now you have two wrestlers, Lesnar and Rollins and one retired wrestler in DB that were never pinned to lose their title. Then you had HHH come out saying how Rollins was his puppet, how he "chose" to "give" him the title. That is not monday night raw stuff, that is podcast stuff. I think HHH crossed the line back then. He basically flushed any importance of that Belt right down the toilet. And whether or not you liked Lesnar as a part time champ, it built that title up to new level of something that will be defended in 2-3 month intervals like a boxing or MMA title. I do not think HHH holding that belt is giving it any of its importance back again.

People go ape shit for Reigns in certain cities, against in other, not much different than Cena receives and nobody seems to have a problem with that.

They put the belt on HHH in hopes that it would help Reigns get over with the crowd (at least for Mania). It's a given that many of the adult fans love to hate HHH because they know of the rumors of how he made his way to the top, so it's easy to see that the logic here was to put Reigns against someone who the most vocal fans wouldn't cheer for. They did it with Cena when chased the US title and fueded with Rusev (who nobody cheers for out of principle), and you didn't see any cheering for Rusev during that fued.

It doesn't seem to be working so far (although fans did seem to love that brawl the other week when HHH got busted open), but the logic in what they did in having Reigns chase the title vs someone who's not well liked by many in real life does make sense. You put Reigns against most other big name heel wrestlers and you know from the start that the most vocal fans would be cheering for that heel.

Last edited:

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@StanMarsh51 - Rusev is one of the best heel characters they have. They need to get him back out front. KO is getting there too. Anywho, Reigns need to become a heel. Fans hate him already, imagine if he turned. I think he is already beyond the point of no return with fans as far as being a face.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@StanMarsh51 - Rusev is one of the best heel characters they have. They need to get him back out front. KO is getting there too. Anywho, Reigns need to become a heel. Fans hate him already, imagine if he turned. I think he is already beyond the point of no return with fans as far as being a face.

If they put KO vs Reigns, it's a safe bet that the crowd is largely going to be on KO's side so that wouldn't accomplish what they're trying to do. Rusev vs Reigns would put a lot of fans on Reigns' side, but I don't a lot of people consider him to be a main event material.

I do agree that it would probably be best to turn Reigns heel, and hopefully that gets him over with fans (and when that happens they can try to turn him face). The obvious problem is with a weak roster right now there's not a lot of options for immediate top faces.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they put KO vs Reigns, it's a safe bet that the crowd is largely going to be on KO's side so that wouldn't accomplish what they're trying to do. Rusev vs Reigns would put a lot of fans on Reigns' side, but I don't a lot of people consider him to be a main event material.

I do agree that it would probably be best to turn Reigns heel, and hopefully that gets him over with fans (and when that happens they can try to turn him face). The obvious problem is with a weak roster right now there's not a lot of options for immediate top faces.

I really thought Brock could have been the next Hulk Hogan, except with Wrestling skills and athletic ability LOL.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought Brock could have been the next Hulk Hogan, except with Wrestling skills and athletic ability LOL.

They have completely botched Brock Lesnar this year. Early on, it looked like he might continue to be a huge draw in big storylines, but he's been relegated to dumb crap. Feuding with the Wyatt Family could work if they hadn't buried the Wyatts a long time ago.

I agree he had that potential. Of course, he'd have to be more than a Part-Time Player to be that.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Brock really screwed himself by cutting in the match against the undertaker. Really showed how lost he is that he thinks that was necessary. I think him being out of the title mix is still because of that. Throwing Ambrose around at WM will do nothing to change things.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better pull out all of the stop tonight on Raw, otherwise WM will have the worst buy rate in years.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better pull out all of the stop tonight on Raw, otherwise WM will have the worst buy rate in years.

Exactly. Expectations have to be sky high for tonight considering how horrible the buildup has been, but I kind of expect to be disappointed.

What do you think they could realistically pull off? Be nice to see them insert the Rock into an actual match/angle, but why the heck wouldn't they have done that a long time ago?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Expectations have to be sky high for tonight considering how horrible the buildup has been, but I kind of expect to be disappointed.

What do you think they could realistically pull off? Be nice to see them insert the Rock into an actual match/angle, but why the heck wouldn't they have done that a long time ago?
I don't see Rock wrestling. I think he interfere's in Roman/HHH to get Roman the belt and set up Rock/HHH at Summerslam. At this point, I don't know what they could do. Adding Wyatt to Ambrose & Lesnar would be a good start. Maybe have Sting come out and say he is going to be in Shane's corner.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Rock wrestling. I think he interfere's in Roman/HHH to get Roman the belt and set up Rock/HHH at Summerslam. At this point, I don't know what they could do. Adding Wyatt to Ambrose & Lesnar would be a good start. Maybe have Sting come out and say he is going to be in Shane's corner.

Maybe guest referee?

Be amazing if Hogan came back after his big windfall. Word was he thought he might be able to come back after winning that lawsuit, but WWE wasn't having it (after all, he hasn't been banned because of that tape lol).

Who is in the (now) 20 man battle royal? I know Bo Dallas and a bunch of scrubs had been announced. Any room for a surprise appearance or three?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe guest referee?

Be amazing if Hogan came back after his big windfall. Word was he thought he might be able to come back after winning that lawsuit, but WWE wasn't having it (after all, he hasn't been banned because of that tape lol).

Who is in the (now) 20 man battle royal? I know Bo Dallas and a bunch of scrubs had been announced. Any room for a surprise appearance or three?
Bobby Roode, Kurt Angle and Eric Young are all free agents.......

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane is fucking FEARLESS! !!!

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unbelievable.....this is what they give us for the last RAW before WRESTLEMANIA.....Some good segments? Sure, but this was no more then a normal build up to any other PPV.

I'll tune in to WM only because its WM and its a tradition my brother and I watch it as he has the Network....but other then that....I am no more excited about WM then I was for any other PPV..