• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what is wrong with WWE these days and why the promotion is failing and ratings are in the dump. They just have their mind set on what they are going to do and it doesn't matter what the audience thinks. Which, in reality, the audience is more then willing to get behind stars they like such as Daniel Bryan, or now Dean Ambrose. It makes for poor television, and quiet frankly poor theatre when you don't let the audience enjoy what they want to enjoy.

WWE stock is up, if you believe their PR dept, Wrestlemania tickets are sold out, they sell out many RAW shows, and, again if you believe their PR blurbs, their other shows are well attended. Merchandising is awesome. It appears that whatever it is they are doing is making them money. BTW...WWE's top wrestlers are making mega - salaries now. Perhaps....WWE Corporation is doing things correctly and it is the "smarks" who are out of step?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Creative also had every women on Team Total Divas act as if they wanted nothing to do with Eva and didn't appreciate her help at all. Although the boos started the second Eva appeared on the ramp, if all the faces act and treat her like a heel how in the world could you expect the fans to treat her differently???
Exactly. Even the 'face' Divas were acting like they didn't want Eva there. Of course the majority of the crowd is going to with the 'face' reaction.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE's ratings may be the lowest they've been in years but guess what, they are still one of the highest watched shows on cable every week if not the #1 rated.

People can talk all they want about WWE's declining ratings but at the end of the day if they're still pulling in top ranks then that's a sign of the times and not WWE fucking up.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They keep making money because of TV marketing and since they joined the stock market. I see this eventually blowing up in their faces in a few years. Especially as they continue to try and make their network more solid to where they can jump to the WWE network 24/7 thinking they can survive on the network alone.

Their ticket sales for WM are goin to happen because it is WM. Hell, given how bad their storylines are going into WM this year, if WM was at all local i'd consider or try to go just because its wrestlemania. They will always sell out WM.

Not so sure I believe their shows being sold out. I've been to a Smackdown recently where the entire upper deck was tarped off, and went to RAW a few years ago where they did not sell out.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They keep making money because of TV marketing and since they joined the stock market. I see this eventually blowing up in their faces in a few years. Especially as they continue to try and make their network more solid to where they can jump to the WWE network 24/7 thinking they can survive on the network alone.

Their ticket sales for WM are goin to happen because it is WM. Hell, given how bad their storylines are going into WM this year, if WM was at all local i'd consider or try to go just because its wrestlemania. They will always sell out WM.

Not so sure I believe their shows being sold out. I've been to a Smackdown recently where the entire upper deck was tarped off, and went to RAW a few years ago where they did not sell out.

The point is.....you are going and watching. Just like baseball and football fans bitch about the quality of their teams and how they wish they would do 'this or that'.....yet, they still go to games and watch on TV and probably buy the merchandise. All you are doing is critiquing the product. I'll bitch about the Tigers, but I know Illitch and Co are not going to listen as long as their bottom line is solid. All this "the smart fans aren't buy what WWE is presenting" must make them chuckle - as they all continue to cash their big checks. Sometimes you've got to just swallow some crappy tasting vegetables just to enjoy the main entree.

But it is fun to think about - "If I was writing the story lines!" Huh? If you play with them enough....you might even guess one of the angles/swerves/shockers right.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is.....you are going and watching. Just like baseball and football fans bitch about the quality of their teams and how they wish they would do 'this or that'.....yet, they still go to games and watch on TV and probably buy the merchandise. All you are doing is critiquing the product. I'll bitch about the Tigers, but I know Illitch and Co are not going to listen as long as their bottom line is solid. All this "the smart fans aren't buy what WWE is presenting" must make them chuckle - as they all continue to cash their big checks. Sometimes you've got to just swallow some crappy tasting vegetables just to enjoy the main entree.

But it is fun to think about - "If I was writing the story lines!" Huh? If you play with them enough....you might even guess one of the angles/swerves/shockers right.
I don't need to write the storylines...but it looks extremely foolish on TV when the companies biggest heel figure of the last 3 years is getting cheered as he is beating the crap out of the companies top baby face.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to write the storylines...but it looks extremely foolish on TV when the companies biggest heel figure of the last 3 years is getting cheered as he is beating the bcrap out of the companies top baby face.

And yet....you keep coming back, week after week, to watch more and more. They HAVE you by the short hairs!!!! THAT was my point at the outset. You sir, are a MARK!

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to write the storylines...but it looks extremely foolish on TV when the companies biggest heel figure of the last 3 years is getting cheered as he is beating the crap out of the companies top baby face.

You realized some of the biggest figures in the past 20 years became stars by doing just this, right? Most of them were actually during the Attitude Era.

Razor Ramon was the "bad man" that the crowd cheered for.

Shawn Michaels was a heel during his feud with Bret Hart, but Michaels started getting the cheers. Hart hated that because he was old school and thought the baby face should get the cheers.

Undertaker could be a baby face or heel and the crowd would still cheer for him over the other guy(s).

Stone Cold wasn't technically a heel since Vince played the heel, but everything SCSA did was heel characteristics.

The Rock was a huge heel as a member Nation of Domination. Crowds liked him so much, he became too big for the faction.

Chris Jericho had his moments as well, mostly during the Attitude Era when he was cutting amazing promos.

Kurt Angle was an amazing heel that got the crowd going.

Edge went solo and became huge as a very strategic heel.

JBL had a good run as a heel that got cheers.

CM Punk was a heel that got the crowd cheering for him.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited, I will get to watch PPVs with my new job. I usually watch Raw and Smackdown on Hulu anyway.

I am excited about this WM. I don't think it will be epic, but I think it will still be memorable. How many do you remember more than 2 or 3 matches? Here are the ones I see as epic.

I think Shane-Undertaker could be a great match. Shane is still a stud. This would have been a great setup to end the streak, that was broken 2 years ago. Now, Undertaker losing won't be a big deal. If he was 23-0, then it would be "end the streak" or "Why would they bring Shane back if he isn't going to win." But Shane is still proving he still is crazy.

Ambrose-Lesnar I see being epic. Even if it was a regular bout, it still would be epic IMO. Giving Ambrose weapons just makes it more intriguing. Ambrose is obviously the biggest star at this time.

The battle royal. At WM30, they did good with Cesaro as it propelled him into a spotlight and he did a great job at running with it. Last year at WM31, they did nothing with it as Big Show won. He went back into being the guy that gives wrestler a push. This year, I think the winner will get a great push and will be memorable, but it could easily be borderline.

I do not consider HHH-Reigns an epic matchup, but I do think it will be a good, old-fashion match. I am looking forward to the match. Same with the Diva's match.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE stock is up, if you believe their PR dept, Wrestlemania tickets are sold out, they sell out many RAW shows, and, again if you believe their PR blurbs, their other shows are well attended. Merchandising is awesome. It appears that whatever it is they are doing is making them money. BTW...WWE's top wrestlers are making mega - salaries now. Perhaps....WWE Corporation is doing things correctly and it is the "smarks" who are out of step?

Not sure how it is now, but when I went to WM live it was actually really affordable. I remember being surprise at how cheap the tickets were. Even got floor seats and didn't break the bank.

I think they want to make sure the place is filled. I am a little surprised 100,000 tickets were sold...but kind of expect it to be sold out every year.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SCSA has confirmed on his podcast that he will be at Wrestlemania. Live and in person.

*fingers crossed*

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Shit. Vince Saved Wrestlemania
If Cena is used right, Yes, YES, YES!!!

Credit also goes to Cena's amazing ability to rehab and recover from injuries in record time.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet....you keep coming back, week after week, to watch more and more. They HAVE you by the short hairs!!!! THAT was my point at the outset. You sir, are a MARK!
actually don't really watch, I read about the shows after they air on websites. Haven't sat through a 3 hour RAW in I don't know how long.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cena is used right, Yes, YES, YES!!!

Credit also goes to Cena's amazing ability to rehab and recover from injuries in record time.
Meh, even if he does interfere in a match, still doesn't mean we will see him wrestle in a match anytime soon.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of roids, wonder if WWE makes rehabbing wrestlers do wellness tests???

As long as he's still under contract he has to abide by the same rules. It's why a few years ago Rey Mysterio was out injured and then WWE suspended him for 30 days(meaning even if when he was ready to come back healthy he would have sit an extra 30 days) for failing a test while he was still out.