• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all hope TNA can become a competent competition against WWE, but it never works out. TNA is poorly ran, poorly written and just a bad product overall. For TNA is actually get good they will need a new owner as Dixie Carter doesn't get it.

I am surprised TNA still have a TV contract, even if it is a no name network wherever they are on now.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He worked in ROH like a ton of top guys but there's clearly a difference in exposure now. When did he work in NJPW? Not a rhetorical question. I really don't remember it. I'm basically saying he can what Styles (another old school ROH guy) did to his star power, earning potential

WWE is the biggest promotion in the world. I don't think Barrett main evening another promotion says anything everyone doesn't already know

Supposedly WWE was gearing up to finally give Cesaro legit top card push when he got injured. Terrible timing for him. We'll see if they pick it up when he comes back

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly WWE was gearing up to finally give Cesaro legit top card push when he got injured. Terrible timing for him. We'll see if they pick it up when he comes back
Same happened with Barrett. His BNB character was over huge, so they put the IC strap on him, then he got hurt.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all hope TNA can become a competent competition against WWE, but it never works out. TNA is poorly ran, poorly written and just a bad product overall. For TNA is actually get good they will need a new owner as Dixie Carter doesn't get it.

I am surprised TNA still have a TV contract, even if it is a no name network wherever they are on now.

Problem is it is nearly impossible for the WWE to have legitimate competition because of the amount of cash a wrestler could get to come be a mid carder guy plus all the exposure they can get.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

POP? 117 on dish network I believe.

I thought Jarret was going to fix tna, the company he founded with his father but apparently Dixie would not give in and this Global Force will mainly compete with TNA down south again. I guess there is always the possibility another WCW arises from the south, so maybe someone will actually get on to something.

With the monday night wars and the height of wrestling popularity, its a shame vince buys up anyone what grows big enough.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
POP? 117 on dish network I believe.

I thought Jarret was going to fix tna, the company he founded with his father but apparently Dixie would not give in and this Global Force will mainly compete with TNA down south again. I guess there is always the possibility another WCW arises from the south, so maybe someone will actually get on to something.

With the monday night wars and the height of wrestling popularity, its a shame vince buys up anyone what grows big enough.

Well you need a billionaire like Ted Turner who doesn't mind wasting millions to get it competitive along with that pesky finding a viable network or a good enough streaming to get exposure to fill house shows.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you need a billionaire like Ted Turner who doesn't mind wasting millions to get it competitive along with that pesky finding a viable network or a good enough streaming to get exposure to fill house shows.

If Trump wasn't such a big friend of Vince and wasn't involved in the Pres race I'd say he'd be the most likely candidate.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Trump wasn't such a big friend of Vince and wasn't involved in the Pres race I'd say he'd be the most likely candidate.

I think after WrestleMania Jerry Jones should realize there is money in rasslin. We saw what Donald did to the USFL, lost money and cut bait. It'd be cool if Fox would buy up some company and make a new company the face of FX. They saw how great the ratings were with the league, which is essentially the demographic wrestling fans are.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think after WrestleMania Jerry Jones should realize there is money in rasslin. We saw what Donald did to the USFL, lost money and cut bait. It'd be cool if Fox would buy up some company and make a new company the face of FX. They saw how great the ratings were with the league, which is essentially the demographic wrestling fans are.

Too bad the old Sportatorium (home to Fritz Von Eric's WCCW and GWF back in the day) isn't still standing.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about a major falling out within the McMahon family and Shane comes back and creates his own wrestling product.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about a major falling out within the McMahon family and Shane comes back and creates his own wrestling product.

Didn't Shane already say he didn't want wrestling though that led HHH become the CEO in waiting?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking to my brother who works for a cable company. It started with me asking if i ask my cable company(different companies) could get anniversary show for ROH. It ended with us talking about Spike going downhill lately.

Right now. The smartest thing for any independent promotion is to sweet talk a big network and then listen to fanbase.

You listening Maryland Championship Wrestling

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking to my brother who works for a cable company. It started with me asking if i ask my cable company(different companies) could get anniversary show for ROH. It ended with us talking about Spike going downhill lately.

Right now. The smartest thing for any independent promotion is to sweet talk a big network and then listen to fanbase.

You listening Maryland Championship Wrestling

To me, the smartest thing for any aspiring company to get to get tech savvy with streaming. The cable industry is going through a huge bubble and is going to pop soon and will be the end of it. Streaming and HD quality podcasting is an avenue that needs to be looked at seriously.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be innovative and take risks.
I've been watching old Raw and Nitro shows, starting in early 1996 and I'm almost into 1997 and man it was so good back then. This is when WCW was way better than WWE IMO. NWO was fresh and taking over, Sting just turned into the Sting that hides in the rafters. It's amazing how good it was.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've been watching old Raw and Nitro shows, starting in early 1996 and I'm almost into 1997 and man it was so good back then. This is when WCW was way better than WWE IMO. NWO was fresh and taking over, Sting just turned into the Sting that hides in the rafters. It's amazing how good it was.

I was a teenager in the mid 90s so I was the perfect age to experience it in real time. Nitro was better than RAW in 96. The NWO angle completely changed wresting. Nitro still kicked RAW's ass in the ratings through 97 but RAW's the much, much better show. No one gets criticized by the IWC more than Vince Russo, but in 97 he becomes the writer and the story lines are the best in wrestling history for the next 2 or so years. Every mid carder has a well developed character and storyline. All of the plotlines throughout the show are interconnected with one another. It's not nostalgia, it really was the best time to be a fan.

Kind of a sidenote, but when you get to the WM 13 RAWs I'd recommend watching the Bret Hart/SCSA match. It's arguably the best story ever told by two wrestlers. It's a main reason why I'll always take Hart over Micheals and Stone Cold over Rock as the best of their eras

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a teenager in the mid 90s so I was the perfect age to experience it in real time. Nitro was better than RAW in 96. The NWO angle completely changed wresting. Nitro still kicked RAW's ass in the ratings through 97 but RAW's the much, much better show. No one gets criticized by the IWC more than Vince Russo, but in 97 he becomes the writer and the story lines are the best in wrestling history for the next 2 or so years. Every mid carder has a well developed character and storyline. All of the plotlines throughout the show are interconnected with one another. It's not nostalgia, it really was the best time to be a fan.

Kind of a sidenote, but when you get to the WM 13 RAWs I'd recommend watching the Bret Hart/SCSA match. It's arguably the best story ever told by two wrestlers. It's a main reason why I'll always take Hart over Micheals and Stone Cold over Rock as the best of their eras

That is the match that Austin passes out in the sharpshooter with blood pouring down his face right? Shamrock is the ref? That led to the Austin beating down Hart and then jumping him in the back of an ambulance.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That is the match that Austin passes out in the sharpshooter with blood pouring down his face right? Shamrock is the ref? That led to the Austin beating down Hart and then jumping him in the back of an ambulance.

Yeah that's the one. In the buildup Hart whines a little bit but he does nothing over the top to become a heel. Austin doesn't change his character at all. They still manage a perfect double turn. Hart even stayed a babyface in Canada and Europe. Their feud to me is what really started the attitude era. Hart was never a promo guy but he was great on heel promos after that match

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's the one. In the buildup Hart whines a little bit but he does nothing over the top to become a heel. Austin doesn't change his character at all. They still manage a perfect double turn. Hart even stayed a babyface in Canada and Europe. Their feud to me is what really started the attitude era. Hart was never a promo guy but he was great on heel promos after that match
I'm not a Brett Hart fan.....at all, but this was a great feud. I always thought Owen was the more talented Hart.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not a Brett Hart fan.....at all, but this was a great feud. I always thought Owen was the more talented Hart.

Owen's more athletic, but Bret made everything in and out of the ring look so real. For me Benoit probably surpassed him in the ring, but Bret was better at the other aspects of it.

A lot of people now think the Montreal Screwjob was a work. Bret can play anything so well and so seriously it's not out of the real of possibility