• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Prospect Of The Day

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woody is reportedly talking to the Packers about getting AR. Money don't matter to him. He spent for Favre and he'll spend for Rogers. I'm willing to bet that he'll give up #13 and more for him.
Reports are that The Raiders have called the Packers about AR.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Official Prospect of the Day #2

Matthew Bergeron LT Syracuse 6'5" 322.

Bill might be able to get this guy in Round 2. Some have him in the top ten others in the next ten.

He's faced some of the best edge rushers in the 2023 NFL Draft and has held his own. He needs some footwork development but could be the answer at RT because he is a QB protector.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Official Prospect of the Day #2

Matthew Bergeron LT Syracuse 6'5" 322.

Bill might be able to get this guy in Round 2. Some have him in the top ten others in the next ten.

He's faced some of the best edge rushers in the 2023 NFL Draft and has held his own. He needs some footwork development but could be the answer at RT because he is a QB protector.
Solid pick who may drop more. Can he switch to RT? I read up on him pretty good reviews and the right side of the line was a saloon door last year. One way or another the O line needs to be addressed and if not through FA then as early as possible in the draft.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid pick who may drop more. Can he switch to RT? I read up on him pretty good reviews and the right side of the line was a saloon door last year. One way or another the O line needs to be addressed and if not through FA then as early as possible in the draft.
Most reviews have Bergeron at 15th tackle in the draft. Walter football has him 15th but can't find anything bad to say about him.
Same with most other reviews. He is expected to rise on the board after Senior Bowl (Feb 4th)
Most of the sites I have visited sounded like they have not done thorough research!

Like many other tackles, Bowden will be watched carefully at the Senior bowl and rankings will likely change.
Below is an article that highlights alot of tackles that are not getting the buzz!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most reviews have Bergeron at 15th tackle in the draft. Walter football has him 15th but can't find anything bad to say about him.
Same with most other reviews. He is expected to rise on the board after Senior Bowl (Feb 4th)
Most of the sites I have visited sounded like they have not done thorough research!

Like many other tackles, Bowden will be watched carefully at the Senior bowl and rankings will likely change.
Below is an article that highlights alot of tackles that are not getting the buzz!

Everyone is going to have an opinion, I have seen him as a day two pick on more than once ocassion

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the sleeper picks that were in the article I posted above, I'd really like to see what our next O-line coach and Scar think about these guys!
If we get an O Line coach. I am more concerned about a RT and BK slated him at RT but RD 2 may be early

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see 2 OT's from the draft. I think the need is strong enough.
I temper that with what our new coaches (and Scar) think......
Yeah with 11 picks I too would like two OTs and one IOL. And I have two in mind if someone else does not mention them, albeit not Rd1.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here we go fellas.

1, One prospect posted per day that prospect is to be discussed until the next prospect is posted. Comments can continue and be on going for any posted prospect.

2. FA Prospect postings will also be allowed.

3. Lets at least attempt to be civil. There is no wrong selection it's opinion based.

4. Lets have fun.
Sorry. Meant to post names and order in orignal post.

YankeeRebel
BigKen
YankeeTraveler
Southieinnc (aka King Southie)
nefansince75
sharkymcwrath
NWPATSFAN
cheerupcharlie

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, hell...I didn't know we each had to come up with a prospect...my bad. I'll be on top next time.

I'm going to recycle yesterdays that I put in another thread.

Brenton Cox Jr.
LB 6'4" 252 lbs

In my opinion a potential steal outside of the first/second round due to issues he's had. He will be a beast for whoever gets him.

(MOVED THE YANKEETRAVELER SELECTION HERE KING SOUTHIE YOU ARE TOMORROW).

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, hell...I didn't know we each had to come up with a prospect...my bad. I'll be on top next time.

I'm going to recycle yesterdays that I put in another thread.

Brenton Cox Jr.
LB 6'4" 252 lbs

In my opinion a potential steal outside of the first/second round due to issues he's had. He will be a beast for whoever gets him.

(MOVED THE YANKEETRAVELER SELECTION HERE KING SOUTHIE YOU ARE TOMORROW).
I'm getting up late tomorrow. Can I post at bedtime tonight?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Official prospect of the day #4

I'm staying away from picks I've already described. Im going with a CB that could drop from 1st round to maybe 3rd, because of off-field issues and getting benched. This draft is loaded with DB talent and there will be many taken in 1st round - bad time for a prospect to screw up. He has a very high ceiling and I would consider him with our 2nd pick if my TE prospect is already gone. There will be a bunch of CB's that are taken before him but few if any will be better.

Eli Ricks, CB, Alabama
Height: 6-2. Weight: 195.
Projected 40 Time: 4.45.
Projected Round (2023): 2-4.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm staying away from picks I've already described. Im going with a CB that could drop from 1st round to maybe 3rd, because of off-field issues and getting benched. This draft is loaded with DB talent and there will be many taken in 1st round - bad time for a prospect to screw up. He has a very high ceiling and I would consider him with our 2nd pick if my TE prospect is already gone. There will be a bunch of CB's that are taken before him but few if any will be better.

Eli Ricks, CB, Alabama
If we can land him in round 4 that would be great. As you eluded to the draft is deep in CBs so I too do not feel compelled to grab one in round one or two. Good height, good 4o time, would like to know his vertical. Big corners are needed to compete with today's larger faster WRs. Played in the SEC so you know he faced quality talent.

I know off field issues are a comment we and the media love to use, I feel we tend to forget these are kids in college still trying to have some fun before adulthood is forced on them. Long as they did not r*pe, murder, or armed robbery I feel it's fair to give these young men a shot.

Solid pick

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eli Ricks, CB, Alabama
You absolutely nailed it on your CB pick last year, so...no debate from me.

I concur 100%.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s definitely talented. Benched for off field issues is still a huge red flag for me. Look at last years pick Jack Jones. Trouble in college… gets suspended the last game for the Patriots. I’m not asking for Tim Tebow goodie too shoes. But if you have NFL talent… be smart and stay away from bad situations/people.

Hard pass.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s definitely talented. Benched for off field issues is still a huge red flag for me. Look at last years pick Jack Jones. Trouble in college… gets suspended the last game for the Patriots. I’m not asking for Tim Tebow goodie too shoes. But if you have NFL talent… be smart and stay away from bad situations/people.

Hard pass.
It's the NFL Ray Lewis NFL all I gotta say.

Off field issues are called life anywhere else. I am all about talking to him one on one and get a feel for what happened, what he did to correct and if he feels it would hurt him in the future. I would venture to say 60% of kids drafted did some off field questionable shit. Talent is talent.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard pass.
This young man played for Alabama and went next door to Mississippi, where he was arrested for simple speeding, and possession of $20 worth of marijuana. As I recall, Alabama beat Mississippi as usual and this is the deep south! I travelled a lot as a young man and I knew without a doubt that when I went south to Oregon with Washington plates I had to be very careful - and God help me if I visited with California plates! The benching, much like Jack Jones, was to send a message to this young man!

When I was young I was hell on wheels! Speeding? Yeah, give me a break. I raced professionally. I was arrested for Marijuana and it was a felony. I did not use marijuana. I had returned from the Army with a don't take no shit atittude and cops disagreed.
I turned out to be an outstanding, law-abiding citizen. I'll give him a chance.
He has God-given talent and I'd love him on my team!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Explodes out of his backpedal and has the hands and coordination to force interceptions.
  • A very quick and very confident cover corner plays bigger than his listed size when lined up in press coverage, delivering quick, surprisingly powerful punches and using his natural quickness and change-of-direction ability to mirror on underneath routes.
  • Ricks tracks the ball well and does a nice job of getting his head around in plenty of time to avoid flags.
  • Effective out of the slot, showing the instincts and quickness to mirror when the receiver has a two-way go. He has good instincts and awareness when playing off, showing good route recognition and anticipation when breaking on the ball.
  • Does a good job getting his head around in time when playing with his back to the line of scrimmage. Has the ability to cover quickness underneath.
  • Shows good instincts when facing the action in zone coverage, and Ricks has solid ball skills.
  • His ball skills are very good. Ricks tracks the ball well downfield and has the hands and coordination to come away with interceptions even when he isn’t targeted often.
Last year: .....and gave up an elite QB rating when targetted of 41.8.
Show me any other cover corner that has ever posted a year with a QB rating of 41.8!!!!!