• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Prospect Of The Day

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pinpoint on Thorton. Quite possibly that MP had zero ideas on how to utilize a 6'4" speedster who can jump 38". A subject that has been beaten to death and hopefully BOB can remedy quickly.

One has to wonder if BB & BOB can snag a top WR through a trade. Then there's the one little ifsy, couldbe, maybe sitting out there as a free agent that no one seems to want. Odell Beckham JR. I think it would be worth $7M and incentives to give him a chance. Again, just my opinion, but he'd be a cheap #1 who just might light a fire under the passing game.

Thorton Meyers LT LG C RG RT Henry Bourne Beckham.

That would be a nightmare for a zone or Man To Man.

Thoughts??
While I like your train of thought, I do not like OBJ at $75 mil regardless if it's 3 years or 10. Too many knee surgeries and already 31.
Hell, I'd bring back TO first.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s getting the hype of the best WR in this years draft. I’ve seen highlights and he looks great. The only game I saw him play was the Championship game. 1 catch for 3 yards. He flopped on the big stage in the biggest game of his life. That being said, he is a athletic freak I would take at #14.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s getting the hype of the best WR in this years draft. I’ve seen highlights and he looks great. The only game I saw him play was the Championship game. 1 catch for 3 yards. He flopped on the big stage in the biggest game of his life. That being said, he is a athletic freak I would take at #14.
Did he flop or did TCU flop? Not sure you can put that on one guy.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quentin Johnston, WR, TCU (6-4, 215 pounds)…

Round 1

This pick assumes that the O Line is addressed to a degree through the free agent market and that Paris Johnosn and Peter Skoronski are gone. There are five other tackles that I feel are solid round 2 through 4 picks. We all know the thought of BB picking a WR scares the hell out us but WR corps in NE is Sub Par. At 30 as much as I like Parker I do not see him as a #1 and we need a number #1. My hope are we let Agholor walk, retain Jakobi and add Johnston. We have a solid run game that is more than capable of setting up the passing game and IMO Johnston may be the spark the WR Corps needs.

Quentin Johnston: With 4.4 speed he is fast enough to get down field and be a legit downfield threat. He is a precise route runner with good start stop ability. He has great body control which allows him to make more difficulty catches. A real athlete 42” Vertical, 11’ Broad jump runs a 4.40 and squats 575 pounds. Strength, speed, agility and athleticism @ 6’4” 215 lbs make it hard to pass on him. Add to this long arms a impressive catch radius and great leaping ability he seems to be the #1 we need.

Like any NFL prospect Quentin has weaknesses to his game most of which are coachable. For his size he is not a great downfield blocker this is a technique issue that should be fixable at the next level. He will also have to work on reading zone coverages and knowing where to sit in the zone again this can be worked on at this level.

At #14 it may be a bit early but he is round one talent that will not be there much after 14.
Assuming the POTD game allows for other potential prospects to be used as a counterpoint even though they may be a POTD on a future day...???

As such, I counter with Jalin Hyatt from UT.
Smaller but faster and as an example, against Alabama, 6 receptions for 5 TD's. All redzone? No, 207 yards.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming the POTD game allows for other potential prospects to be used as a counterpoint even though they may be a POTD on a future day...???

As such, I counter with Jalin Hyatt from UT.
Smaller but faster and as an example, against Alabama, 6 receptions for 5 TD's. All redzone? No, 207 yards.
I would say allowing other prospects as a counterpoint makes sense. Especially if the poster stated where they would choose a player in the draft what round etc. All participants may want to add their own pick @ 14 or may want to discuss a sleeper targeted in round 4. It's more about players we would want to see added to the team

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty I have never been over impressed with OBJ. He made one or two cool looking catches but other than that he may be above average by today's standards. And isn't often hurt? Plus I really want to see youth and speed .
He was hurt in 2021 and didn't play in 2022. He was ready to play around week 12 but no one was willing to bring him in.

"I" think his ego may have been bruised significantly and he'll be ready toshow everyone that he's still got it.

Yes, he's 31 but has only played in 53 games over past five years (82 games). "I" think he's worth a shot. If he screws up in camp, cut him loose.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was hurt in 2021 and didn't play in 2022. He was ready to play around week 12 but no one was willing to bring him in.

"I" think his ego may have been bruised significantly and he'll be ready toshow everyone that he's still got it.

Yes, he's 31 but has only played in 53 games over past five years (82 games). "I" think he's worth a shot. If he screws up in camp, cut him loose.
On the cheap may be worth a look. I am more about youth, speed and size at this position

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

October 25, 2020 Grade 3 ACL tear.
February 13, 2022 Grade 3 ACL tear.

Same knee.

Amongst a litany of other injuries. 13 out of 17 of which were all on his right leg including hip bruises, hamstring tears ankle sprains and fractures.
The more I look, the more NO is in my opinion.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quentin will be gone early.
I would get ecited about Zay Flowers but he may be gone early too and I don't want to get either with 1st pick.
Cedrick Tillman interests me in 3rd or 4th round.

I'm not very excited about this years WR draft (at the top.) Might be intersting picks in mid rounds

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
October 25, 2020 Grade 3 ACL tear.
February 13, 2022 Grade 3 ACL tear.

Same knee.

Amongst a litany of other injuries. 13 out of 17 of which were all on his right leg including hip bruises, hamstring tears ankle sprains and fractures.
The more I look, the more NO is in my opinion.
SAME HERE

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he's "not confident at all" in Odell Beckham's knee health.​

Jones during a Tuesday interview said the status of Beckham's knee is an "issue" after OBJ tore his ACL in February. Beckham has refused to work out for suitors before he signs a deal. Cowboys players on Monday night took Beckham to a Dallas Mavericks game as teams -- including the Giants and Bills -- continue to court the 30-year-old free agent, who has played 21 games since the start of the 2020 season. "You got a lot of history here and you can take a good look at, not only the obvious and that’s his performance, but also any issues regarding health," Jones said Tuesday. "So, all of this we got to come in with our eyes wide open and it has to be addressed, and that’s when you can see if you can make a deal or not.” There's little chance Beckham will be fantasy relevant this season.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quentin will be gone early.
I would get ecited about Zay Flowers but he may be gone early too and I don't want to get either with 1st pick.
Cedrick Tillman interests me in 3rd or 4th round.

I'm not very excited about this years WR draft (at the top.) Might be intersting picks in mid rounds
yeah is Quentin is not there at 14 I look at CB b/c the top tier OTs and WRs are gone. Address a position of need at 14 if that happens

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah is Quentin is not there at 14 I look at CB b/c the top tier OTs and WRs are gone. Address a position of need at 14 if that happens
I see a bunch of WR's going in 1st round. I think that bodes well for getting a great OT with 14
Jets and Titans are both in front of us and need OT's
I see 3 OT's at least available in 1st round.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a bunch of WR's going in 1st round. I think that bodes well for getting a great OT with 14
I see two in round one.

I also have to wonder if one of them may fall. NYJ cannot be comfy with their QB situation, might they take a QB?

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he flop or did TCU flop? Not sure you can put that on one guy.
The team and himself both flopped. If you are widely considered the best WR in college football and you are playing in the biggest game of your life and you are only targeted 2 times and your other WR gets 6 catches for 100 plus yards, I think you failed. I know Georgia had time to game plan against him, but you still somehow have to impose your will and show up and make something happen. But like I said, it was one game. He looked fantastic throughout the year and I would certainly grab him at 14.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve seen several mock drafts with the Raiders going OT also.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team and himself both flopped. If you are widely considered the best WR in college football and you are playing in the biggest game of your life and you are only targeted 2 times and your other WR gets 6 catches for 100 plus yards, I think you failed. I know Georgia had time to game plan against him, but you still somehow have to impose your will and show up and make something happen. But like I said, it was one game. He looked fantastic throughout the year and I would certainly grab him at 14.
Mehh not sure I agree. TCU was out matched all the way. But I get it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see two in round one.

I also have to wonder if one of them may fall. NYJ cannot be comfy with their QB situation, might they take a QB?
Maybe three depending how the draft moves

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woody is reportedly talking to the Packers about getting AR. Money don't matter to him. He spent for Favre and he'll spend for Rogers. I'm willing to bet that he'll give up #13 and more for him.