• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Parise Poll

Why only 1 year?

• Total voters

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In your opinion, why is Parise's contract only 1 year?

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has to be a money thing. And it's ad nauseum at this point, but A LOT of cash comes off the books next year.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As we saw with nieds its not all about the money. And I doubt his knee is that bad where he could've played in the playoffs last year. I doubt the devils are on a budget because.I don't think they would've taken on boulton when they could've called up some bum from Albany to fill that 8mins. Yeah I know its only 500,000 but hey if u have budget issues at home u aren't exactly going to be taking on a new car payment are you?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
iit comes down to one side don't want to agree to a long term deal. either way it points to Parise leaving. either devils aren't willing to commit and that's a slap to Parise or he doesnt want to stay

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iit comes down to one side don't want to agree to a long term deal. either way it points to Parise leaving. either devils aren't willing to commit and that's a slap to Parise or he doesnt want to stay

Once again, if they felt he was going to leave and they had no intentions of doing a long term deal, why not go to arbitration?? They would have saved money and had him for the year anyhow.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Because maybe they are holding out hope and this is a show of their good faith. U know like when u break up or had a chick break up with u....its o let's just do a break and hope it works out it.never does.

They also would lose all trade leverage. If they go to arbitration its pretty much obvious he would get dealt. That was the problem in Atlanta they waited too long team knew they had no.option but to take what was given. U think a gm will pay half as much as they would if they didn't. Believe they could land him in July?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think it's a matter of seeing how things look a few months from now. What could be happening with the CBA, are there any unforeseen issues that need to be addressed (unexpected player injury, something like that), etc. There are multiple reasons, which is why I think 1 year was a good move.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Devils want to see how Parise performs this year. I also think from Parise's perspective it gives him options. I think Parise like any other player would like to see who might want him come July 1st. That doesn't mean he'll leave. What it means is if they can't work out a long term deal than Parise can go somewhere else.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Problem I have with all this is its so late in the game now why wouldn't Parise want to test the market? Should've got him locked up halfway through last year