• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is much different than going under the knife.

He only needed 1 month of rest before rehabbing and said he would be ready at the start of the season.

One thing about Wade he doesn't make excuses or try to play the pity party. Even in 2013 when his knee was obviously really hurting him in the playoffs he always said he was fine.

You think he was going to say he wouldn't be ready for the start of the season? Last I checked he did play on opening night and they always did say it would take about 6 months for him to be fully recovered from it which is why they had plan to rest him on B2B games for the first 3 months or so but due to certain situations (suspensions/injuries) he actually played both games of a B2B when he really shouldn't have which probably led to him not playing as consistent as he really wanted to until February instead of January

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the truth. You hate Wade and you're making it a Lebron VS Wade thing.
You're right, I don't like Wade.

Just seems dumb that NOW all of sudden he's ready to take the challenge, start dieting and be in shape because he has to take on more of an offensive role. He should have mentioned defensive role, also.

Which to me, pretty much translates to....."why stay in shape when I can rest for 1/3 of the regular season while my teammates try to get us home court throughout the playoffs"

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is much different than going under the knife.

He only needed 1 month of rest before rehabbing and said he would be ready at the start of the season.[/Post-procedureEdit

From Wikipedia:

It is recommended after treatment that the patient restrict "stressful activity" such as jogging, heavy housework or yard work, and participating in sports for four weeks. Pain relief begins for patients at different times. For some patients it is immediate; for others it may take four weeks. The full effect of the OssaTron procedure may not be realized until the twelfth week following treatment. If relief has not been achieved at this point, a second OssaTron procedure may be recommended by the patient's physician.[1][3]

As you can see, you are looking at best case for a 'regular' person.

Wades recovery/ seasons plan was/ were predetermined before he underwent to procedure.

The goal was never to rush him back, not to play it day by day and see it the process could be expedited.

I agree Wades health was a consideration of James moving forward, but no way was he blindsided by Wades rehab schedule.

If James in any way felt tired, injured, or whatever last season, he could have sat out any time he wanted.

I remember him at one point saying he was tired. So what did he do? Yep, decided he needed to fly to Ohio to see Big Z get his number retired.
Then catch a flight back that night for a day game the next day.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow you're stupid. It was the HEAT ORGANIZATION PLAN. This isn't something that he suggested. He wanted to play but the front office & team doctors wanted him to do this. There were plenty of times where Spo would say that Wade would fight his decision but obviously they're not going to let him play if team doctors say no

The Heat defensive numbers were day & night with Wade in the lineup and with Wade out of the lineup. Last I checked he wasn't guarding the player who won finals MVP most of the time.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when clowns try to comment about a team that they do not even follow

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, I don't like Wade.

Just seems dumb that NOW all of sudden he's ready to take the challenge, start dieting and be in shape because he has to take on more of an offensive role. He should have mentioned defensive role, also.

Which to me, pretty much translates to....."why stay in shape when I can rest for 1/3 of the regular season while my teammates try to get us home court throughout the playoffs"

He actually started dieting if you actually read his actual comments because he said Ray Allen influenced him in the 2 years he played with him about health. Stop making shit up please

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when clowns try to comment about a team that they do not even follow

As in most cases, people will go extreme to one side or the other instead of accepting the reality which is usually in the middle.

There was no way Wade could go 100% a month after the procedure.

The Heat were always planning for him to just be healthy in the playoffs.

To argue anything different is ridiculous.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow you're stupid. It was the HEAT ORGANIZATION PLAN. This isn't something that he suggested. He wanted to play but the front office & team doctors wanted him to do this. There were plenty of times where Spo would say that Wade would fight his decision but obviously they're not going to let him play if team doctors say no

The Heat defensive numbers were day & night with Wade in the lineup and with Wade out of the lineup. Last I checked he wasn't guarding the player who won finals MVP most of the time.
Still no reason for him not to be in shape.

Yeah...Wade wasn't guarding the Finals MVP. He wasn't guarding anyone in the Finals.

Last edited by a moderator:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire team was outplayed.
James was the best Heat player, but the best player(s) on the court for most of that series were wearing Spurs jerseys.

If I were you, I would try to change topics though, because as far as Wades procedure and rehab plan, me and BK jumped on you like Haystacks Calhoun and Tony Garea.

Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly I hate when people try to point the finger at one person. Lebron showed up on one side of the ball but just like the rest of the team he was nowhere to be found on the defensive side of the ball as Leonard outplayed him games 3-5

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually started dieting if you actually read his actual comments because he said Ray Allen influenced him in the 2 years he played with him about health. Stop making shit up please
"I'm coming into camp lighter this season than 2013"......

Dwyane Wade on the doubt that he can still handle a bigger load: "I need it. I need it." Sees it as an energizing challenge.

James leaving shouldn't require him to say, "I need an energizing challenge"..... Playing for a title should be the energizing challenge.

He's doing this diet thing because he has more responsibility now that James is gone. He said so himself

How about knowing you're a pro athlete and your job requires major athleticism. No one should have to tell him to diet and stay in shape!!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm coming into camp lighter this season than 2013"......

Dwyane Wade on the doubt that he can still handle a bigger load: "I need it. I need it." Sees it as an energizing challenge.

James leaving shouldn't require him to say, "I need an energizing challenge"..... Playing for a title should be the energizing challenge.

He's doing this diet thing because he has more responsibility now that James is gone. He said so himself

How about knowing you're a pro athlete and your job requires major athleticism. No one should have to tell him to diet and stay in shape!!!

You do realize that the entire Heat team including Lebron wasn't motivated until the playoffs right? Hard to get motivated about the 82 game season when you been to 3 straight finals. Playing for a title is an energizing challenge but that challenge doesn't start until April when the playoffs begin.

You do realize just because Wade is losing weight doesn't mean he was out of shape right? There are several reasons why players decided to lose & gain weight. You're just assuming that he was out of shape because he's losing weight. He was working with Tim Grover since August. He wasn't out of shape. He's just losing weight because he know that more will be expected and more of an offensive load will be on his shoulders

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire team was outplayed.
James was the best Heat player, but the best player(s) on the court for most of that series were wearing Spurs jerseys.

If I were you, I would try to change topics though, because as far as Wades procedure and rehab plan, me and BK jumped on you like Haystacks Calhoun and Tony Garea.
Like Garea, you needed BK aka Rick Martel to get you on the winning track.

Still doesn't change the fact that Wade became D-Cline over the last 3 postseasons.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that the entire Heat team including Lebron wasn't motivated until the playoffs right? Hard to get motivated about the 82 game season when you been to 3 straight finals. Playing for a title is an energizing challenge but that challenge doesn't start until April when the playoffs begin.

You do realize just because Wade is losing weight doesn't mean he was out of shape right? There are several reasons why players decided to lose & gain weight. You're just assuming that he was out of shape because he's losing weight. He was working with Tim Grover since August. He wasn't out of shape. He's just losing weight because he know that more will be expected and more of an offensive load will be on his shoulders

:L

How about be at a weight and play as if more is expected every time you step on the court.

I'm out.....good talks.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said guard Ray Allen, who remains a free agent, influenced the decision to pay more attention to his health. Playing with him the last two seasons led to a change in diet. Wade has cut down on foods high in starch and dairy products in favor of more vegetables.

“One thing about sports is your teammates become influential,” Wade said. “The influence they have on you is second to none. A guy like Ray Allen has had [an influence] on a few of us in a sense of nutrition and how to do certain things has been pretty cool. The challenge in the summer, when it’s the time you just want to be lazy, travel the world and eat, and the challenge of not doing that and changing your diet … I did it for 30 days. It was very tough.”