• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go back to college players

A lot of players in college sports turn pro as soon as they can so they aren't risking their bodies to injury and ruin their chance to get paid.

George gets paid either way.
The teams and the paying fans get the worst of it.
I'm not sure there is a reasonable solution.
You could try to find a way to let teams add a player for X amount of $ who didn't count against the cap, but it would get very complicated.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can imagine this will cause some teams, maybe all, to seriously reconsider their stance on allowing top starts to play for Team USA in the future. I already know many NHL teams were looking to ban their players from the Olympics and this certainly will be used as evidence for them as well.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time something happens there doesn't have to be an outcry to change things to keep it from happening. It's called life and things happen.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time something happens there doesn't have to be an outcry to change things to keep it from happening. It's called life and things happen.

I agree to an extent, but I wouldn't be happy if I had to write a check to a player for X amount of dollars who injured himself not competing for me.

At worst case, and maybe it is already in place, these players should have to purchase some type of season ending injury insurance policy.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WADE was arguably the best player on the team in beating the Pacers.
His contributions and stuff outside the stat sheet made him the MVP of the ECFinals.

He had a bad Finals, but everyone did. The Spurs were playing possessed.
They had spent every waking day for 365 nights reliving the agony of 2013 being so close.

Once they got back to the Finals, the SPURS found another gear.
Nobody was beating that Spurs team in the Finals once they clawed all the way back to the scene of the 2013 agony.

D-Wade should not be judged on that series.

^^^This^^^

This past finals wasn't about how bad the Heat played, it was about how great the Spurs played. The Spurs really were THAT good.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BuAB4tgCIAA-ci_.jpg

Just terrible this happened in USA tryouts

Damn!! My leg hurts just seeing that. Really feel for the guy. On the bright side, he already had surgery and there was no additional damage to the knee or ankle. He should be able to make a full recovery.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: It sucks, but could just as easily have happened in his own off-season workout, pickup game, exhibition game, etc. As long as it didn't happen doing something that according to his contract, he's not supposed to be doing, it shouldn't be an issue.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WADE was arguably the best player on the team in beating the Pacers.
His contributions and stuff outside the stat sheet made him the MVP of the ECFinals.

Last seasons ECF? He avg. 20-4-5 and certainly was not better than LeBron. What did he do outside the stat sheet makes you think he was the ECF MVP?

He had a bad Finals, but everyone did. The Spurs were playing possessed.
They had spent every waking day for 365 nights reliving the agony of 2013 being so close.

James had a bad Finals? He was basically the only one who showed up on both ends of the floor.

Once they got back to the Finals, the SPURS found another gear.
Nobody was beating that Spurs team in the Finals once they clawed all the way back to the scene of the 2013 agony.

I never said Miami should have won or blamed Wade for their Finals loss. LeBron leaving shouldn't be a wake up call to Wade that he needs to start dieting and be in better shape.

D-Wade should not be judged on that series.
I'm not judging him on one series. I'm questioning his work ethic to stay in shape and how NOW all of a sudden he needs to change it when it should have been a concern his whole career

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,979.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to an extent, but I wouldn't be happy if I had to write a check to a player for X amount of dollars who injured himself not competing for me.

At worst case, and maybe it is already in place, these players should have to purchase some type of season ending injury insurance policy.

George's contract is insured, heard that on ESPN.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: It sucks, but could just as easily have happened in his own off-season workout, pickup game, exhibition game, etc. As long as it didn't happen doing something that according to his contract, he's not supposed to be doing, it shouldn't be an issue.

Yes.

This is not Monta busting up his ankle on a Moped nor Jay Williams crashing his motorcycle.

Fluke, freak accident.

I feel awful for this kid.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not judging him on one series. I'm questioning his work ethic to stay in shape and how NOW all of a sudden he needs to change it when it should have been a concern his whole career

You are really reaching.
Wade has been rehabbing almost every summer for some time now.

Why can't you just accept that he realizes that since James is now gone that he needs to hopefully be at his best all season vs just the ECF and Finals?

He doesn't have that many years left so he might as well go all in moving forward for as long as he can.

While nobody can question James conditioning, you certainly could question his work ethic as far as caring about regular season wins and the #1 seed.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wades going to break down all the way very soon. Should of got that surgery before the draft rather than get his minescus getting takin out. That why he has all those problems he didn't wanna hurt his "draft stock" that's why he didn't get it

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Really. Guy was in good enough shape to play and contribute in 4 consecutive runs to the finals on knees that were going through a bunch of treatment. The man played through tremendous pain to help win in 2013. You don't do that without work ethic and endurance for pain and sacrifice. This year is about managing his body weight through diet. His work outs likely the same. Just improving diet. Riley told him to lose a little weight last year but probably went in one ear and out the other under the vein of we have won two consecutive titles.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wades going to break down all the way very soon. Should of got that surgery before the draft rather than get his minescus getting takin out. That why he has all those problems he didn't wanna hurt his "draft stock" that's why he didn't get it

The thing that I love most about Wade is what will ultimately lead to his demise.

He plays like a crash test dummy.

Guys like him and Manu are not meant to last.

But, they are both still here.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It worked out well. He is a 1st ballot HOF & 3rd best SG ever.

This is the 1st offseason in a while where he doesn't have to worry about rehab or doing some procedure. He will avg low 20's and be as efficient as he always is.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that I love most about Wade is what will ultimately lead to his demise.

He plays like a crash test dummy.

Guys like him and Manu are not meant to last.

But, they are both still here.

He will be fine probably for 2-3 more seasons should be interesting

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He could. We shall see. Been a helluva a run for him in 11 years. 5 NBA Finals appearances, 3 NBA titles, and scoring title and NBA finals MVP. Father Time catches everyone. I think he has one or two solid years left assuming no bad injuries. After that, maybe he can come off the bench and extend his career.