• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This summer's least shocking announcement....

Last edited by a moderator:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree.

But, that is the reason he's trying to force a deal to the Team of his choosing.

You have to take all these articles with a grain of salt.

But usually there is a kernel of truth :noidea:.

I just read that the Cavs are getting Love, Barea and Brewer...not Martin.

So, who the blue hell knows what will really happen.

Very true. We don't now if Cleveland is then really a team he wants to go to. It would be great to play with Lebron, but it is Cleveland.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he can sign a 1 year max extension...and then be eligible to sign the 5 year max at the higher salary in 2 years if he decided on the Cavs.
If not, he'll have to just sign a 4 year max at his new destination, but either way it would be under the higher contract structure.

Huh?

He doesn't need to sign anything.

He has an option for next season that he, allegedly, refuses to pick up because he wants to sign a deal this summer.

Talking to some NBA executives, (Love opting-in) could be a problem. One executive explained how the best move for Love may be to come to the Cavs on the current deal — no changes. He becomes a free agent in 2015, then signs a five-year deal for the maximum (could be more than $100 million) to stay here….

I’m hearing Love will not pick up his option — that he would prefer to go to the Cavs on his current deal, then presumably enjoy being successful playing with LeBron James. Remember, he also has done a commercial with Kyrie Irving. He sees marketing possibilities in Cleveland — along with a chance to win big.

I’m hearing the Cavs realize they may have to accept Love’s current deal and gamble on him enjoying playing in Cleveland and with James. Then they will try to sign him for a maximum deal in 2015. So don’t be shocked if a deal is made with his contract situation staying the same.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dude that got cut by the Lakers last season?

Beasley and Marion must be trying to break the bank.

Honestly, they are both worth more then the minimum.
I'm not sure about bank breaking but
they both should certainly be able to get 3-5M/ year.

Also, I wasn't aware that Love had an option for next year or I wouldn't have made my previous comment.
Truth be told, I'm tired of hearing his name.
I hope whatever he decides works out horribly for him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone heard this dumb idea from Clevelander & State Rep. Bill Patmon?

He wants the state to produce commemorative plates "LeBron James Witness 2.0" honoring his return to the Cavs.

That's a helluva an idea. Give the LeBron Haters some more ammo.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, I wasn't aware that Love had an option for next year or I wouldn't have made my previous comment.

The Cavs should just keep Wiggins. This way Love can go back home to Cali when his current contract is up.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He wants the state to produce commemorative plates "LeBron James Witness 2.0" honoring his return to the Cavs.

Why not just make everyone within a 50 mile radius of his house take turns :bj: him?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs should just keep Wiggins. This way Love can go back home to Cali when his current contract is up.

If it just Wiggins and Bennett+ useless pick, then I would take a chance to get Love now.
Anymore, no way.
Roster becomes way to thin.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Either guy could start for my team.

As for your Love statement.....:pound:

I feel that way about Howard and Harden.

I honestly believe that James Harden is the most over-valued player in the NBA.

Yes, he can score.

But, he's not a great shooter and he makes Nash and Kyrie look like Gary Payton on defense.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it just Wiggins and Bennett+ useless pick, then I would take a chance to get Love now.
Anymore, no way.

I wouldn't take the chance of Love not staying in Cleveland after his contract is up. Plus Irving & Wiggins could turn into a damn good back court for many years.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anymore, no way.

Yup.

The newest rumor looks like a better deal........for the Cavs.

Again, if I'm Minny, I'm taking the deal from the Bulls.

Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love is not a trade I would make – I’ve written that repeatedly on this site. It looks like the Cavs are making it anyway. But according to a report in the News-Herald, there’s a new wrinkle to the deal that would make me pull the trigger: Corey Brewer is going to Cleveland.

The crux of the trade appears to have the Cavaliers sending Wiggins, forward Anthony Bennett and a 2018 first-round pick to Minnesota for Love and possibly forward Corey Brewer.
The Timberwolves might want to dump point guard J.J. Barea’s $4.5 million contract in a deal.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just.....wow:omg:.

I have seen conflicting reports on the validity of this article.

But, if it's true....

That's a ton of money for an economically depressed community and would explain why they are so intent on polishing his knob.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- LeBron James's return to Cleveland could help bring almost $50 million a year in new economic activity to the city and region, Cuyahoga County Executive Ed FitzGerald said Monday.

FitzGerald said his fiscal office worked with Positively Cleveland, the local convention and tourism bureau, to reach that figure.

The primary basis of his argument is the expected spike in attendance at Quicken Loan Arena associated with James's return to the Cavs.

"I think there is a measurable economic value," FitzGerald said at an afternoon news conference. "When people say this is just about an athlete making money, there's more to it than that. Other people will make a living."

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't take the chance of Love not staying in Cleveland after his contract is up.
Plus Irving & Wiggins could turn into a damn good back court for many years.

Despite what James' phony letter said, he's not worried about the Cavs long term future.
He wants to win NOW.

Gilbert sold his soul to the devil (as far as who will be making team decisions).
Whatever James wants is what he will ultimately do.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just.....wow:omg:.

I have seen conflicting reports on the validity of this article.

But, if it's true....

That's a ton of money for an economically depressed community and would explain why they are so intent on polishing his knob.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- LeBron James's return to Cleveland could help bring almost $50 million a year in new economic activity to the city and region, Cuyahoga County Executive Ed FitzGerald said Monday.

FitzGerald said his fiscal office worked with Positively Cleveland, the local convention and tourism bureau, to reach that figure.

The primary basis of his argument is the expected spike in attendance at Quicken Loan Arena associated with James's return to the Cavs.

"I think there is a measurable economic value," FitzGerald said at an afternoon news conference. "When people say this is just about an athlete making money, there's more to it than that. Other people will make a living."

No question he'll bring in alotta money to NE Ohio. Hey did you hears that Urban Meyer says LeBron has a sideline pass for all of Ohio State's home games this year?