• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true, the TWolves are fucked nobody will want KLove without signing an extension. Dick move on his part, pick a team, whatever team it is and say you will sign an extension. He is just trying to be difficult.

The Cavs should say fuck you and keep Wiggins, I feel like he could be trouble down the road it this is true.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true, the TWolves are fucked nobody will want KLove without signing an extension. Dick move on his part, pick a team, whatever team it is and say you will sign an extension. He is just trying to be difficult.

The Cavs should say fuck you and keep Wiggins, I feel like he could be trouble down the road it this is true.

This will always be the problem when players under contract for that last year make their intentions to leave known.
This somehow needs to be addressed in the next CBA.

Why would a player sign an extension if he will make a lot more money by waiting?
Why would a team trade valuable assets for a player who won't sign an extension?

Would it make sense for Love to sign a 1 year extension now, and then be in the same position to negotiate that James will be in the summer of '16?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't compare eras

Funny logic here. When trying to make a case that Lebron could possibly be better than MJ, you have no problem comparing era's. But when someone makes the opposite case, we can't compare era's.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

So NOW reports say Kevin Love won't sign an extension with ANYBODY, including Cleveland. He appears to really want to test free agency.

That kills his trade value.

Now ANY offer should be on the table from any team.......price just dropped through the floor.

I wonder if Lebron having an opt out after one year has anything to do with it? I think Lebron most likely stays in Cleveland for the rest of his career, but if I'm Love, I'm not sure I want to sign an extension and risk Lebron deciding to leave after 1 season.

Plus, he probably makes more money this way, which is likely the main factor.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Lebron having an opt out after one year has anything to do with it? I think Lebron most likely stays in Cleveland for the rest of his career, but if I'm Love, I'm not sure I want to sign an extension and risk Lebron deciding to leave after 1 season.

James would need to be the biggest egotistical asshole in the world
to leave after one season...

Since he is, I don't blame Love.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh there's no doubt he makes more money this way. And I doubt he realistically wants to spend the prime of his career in Cleveland, Lebron or no Lebron.

That's STILL a hard sell man. I lived in Cleveland for 3 years.........no amount of money or chance at titles could get me to go back. I'd take my chances elsewhere, especially when LA has the big money. If Love signs with the Lakers, I guarantee you there will be other star players follow suit. LA could have a really nice squad in 2-3 years

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny logic here. When trying to make a case that Lebron could possibly be better than MJ, you have no problem comparing era's. But when someone makes the opposite case, we can't compare era's.

When did I say this?

Anyway, I don't like too. But when someone says MJ is easily the better defender, yah hand checking has something to do with it. If Lebron could hand check it wouldn't be fair.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying all along that I think Love will make it to free agency. Star players these days want more control over where they play, and they want to be wined and dined. Lakers fans experienced this firsthand with Dwight.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

So NOW reports say Kevin Love won't sign an extension with ANYBODY, including Cleveland. He appears to really want to test free agency.

That kills his trade value.

Now ANY offer should be on the table from any team.......price just dropped through the floor.

He has been saying this for months.

It's really simple mathematics.

If he waits to the Summer, he gets a Derrick Rose Super Max deal.

For everyone saying he can pick up the extra money on his next deal, remember Love hasn't been the healthiest fella and the reason Minny is in this bind to begin with is because he WANTED a 5 yr deal and they didn't think he was worthy.

So obviously, it's important to him:noidea:.

If he goes to a team he likes and they do well, he will go the way of Chris Paul, not Dwight Howard.

Only a team that has his Bird's rights can give him the Super Max.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe im missing something but can Cleveland pay kevin love max money with irving and LeBron drawing in max as well? unless LeBron is planning a please carry me campaign to take less next season to keep love on the team

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe im missing something but can Cleveland pay kevin love max money with irving and LeBron drawing in max as well? unless LeBron is planning a please carry me campaign to take less next season to keep love on the team

You can exceed the cap to sign your own player, hence having his birds rights.

That's why Love wants to be traded NOW.

He can't get this deal from anyone else, except Minny, if he stays with that team all year.

Teams can hand out as many max deals as they want to players they have full birds rights on.

They just have to be willing to eat a 100mil tax bill like the Russian did last Season :noidea:.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He can't get this deal from anyone else, except Minny, if he stays with that team all year.

Teams can hand out as many max deals as they want to players they have full birds rights on.

They just have to be willing to eat a 100mil tax bill like the Russian did last Season :noidea:.

If there is a trust issue, then he can just play this season in Mn. and then sign the Birds right max to be used in a sign and trade.

Why do that though if you can sign a much bigger max in 2 years like James is hoping/planning?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs can't afford Love, Irving and James all making crazy cash and STILL fill out a decent roster. It makes no sense. They'd have a bunch of D-Leaguers playing a vital role.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is a trust issue, then he can just play this season in Mn. and then sign the Birds right max to be used in a sign and trade.

Why do that though if you can sign a much bigger max in 2 years like James is hoping/planning?

You can't get a 5 yr. Sign and trade.

4 years is the max.

Bron is willing to roll the dice on staying healthy.

Bosh, Melo and others were not.

Straight from the CBA..

In prior CBA's, the player had two major incentives to work with his previous team. The first was to be able to get the longer term contract and higher raises afforded to free agents with Bird rights. In this case, that would mean a 5 year deal with 7.5% raises. That is no longer possible, as sign and trade deals are restricted to 4 years in length at 4.5% raises, essentially removing the this incentive for players to work out a sign-and-trade.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cleveland would have a lot of money tied up with those three. Yeah, so it's a case of how much of a luxury tax bill would Gilbert be willing to pay. Arison saving some money last season may have been a contributing factor to Lebron leaving.

People are assuming that Love is strictly about the money and getting the largest contract possible. It's a safe assumption. I don't think you can discount these star players also wanting the control of where they play.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs can't afford Love, Irving and James all making crazy cash and STILL fill out a decent roster. It makes no sense. They'd have a bunch of D-Leaguers playing a vital role.

The Heat did it.

And, it looks like they are filling their roster with the exact same role players.

There is a huge difference between can't and won't.

The Cavs have already been left at the alter once.

I doubt the word won't is currently in their vocabulary.

Ps. you should check out the article on the revenue Lebron's return will bring to Ohio.

They are simply bidding their time until they can redo that TV deal.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't get a 5 yr. Sign and trade.

4 years is the max.

Bron is willing to roll the dice on staying healthy.

Bosh, Melo and others were not.

Straight from the CBA..

In prior CBA's, the player had two major incentives to work with his previous team. The first was to be able to get the longer term contract and higher raises afforded to free agents with Bird rights. In this case, that would mean a 5 year deal with 7.5% raises. That is no longer possible, as sign and trade deals are restricted to 4 years in length at 4.5% raises, essentially removing the this incentive for players to work out a sign-and-trade.

Then he can sign a 1 year max extension...and then be eligible to sign the 5 year max at the higher salary in 2 years if he decided on the Cavs.
If not, he'll have to just sign a 4 year max at his new destination, but either way it would be under the higher contract structure.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland would have a lot of money tied up with those three. Yeah, so it's a case of how much of a luxury tax bill would Gilbert be willing to pay. Arison saving some money last season may have been a contributing factor to Lebron leaving.

People are assuming that Love is strictly about the money and getting the largest contract possible. It's a safe assumption. I don't think you can discount these star players also wanting the control of where they play.

Oh, I agree.

But, that is the reason he's trying to force a deal to the Team of his choosing.

You have to take all these articles with a grain of salt.

But usually there is a kernel of truth :noidea:.

I just read that the Cavs are getting Love, Barea and Brewer...not Martin.

So, who the blue hell knows what will really happen.