• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron's game is much better now than it was at 23-24 years old.

Heat fans sure have done a 180 on Lebron. You were confident that he was on his way to surpassing Jordan when he was in a Heat uniform. Not so much now since he bailed on Miami.

To be fair, Heat fans started toning that down a bit when the Heat barely escaped with their 2nd title and pretty well gave up on the idea before last seasons finals were over because of how badly the Spurs were beating them.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
call me crazy- but i would much prefer a guy have a few bumps and bruises that cause him to miss games here or there then a guy that has a major injury and all of a sudden has a major injury concern the rest of his NBA career

Kyrie does not have one injury that would cause you to worry about him reaggravating something- there is no chronic injury there- and really- a bunch of the games Kyrie sat out were the Cavs selling they were being "extra cautious" when all they really wanted to do was lose a few more games to get a higher shot in the lotto.....I remember the one time KYrie being interviewed and being asked about an injury - and asking teh reporter "so what are they saying i hurt now?" LOL......at least Chris Grant TRIED to cover it up rather then the 76'ers brazen tanking that is gonna get them screwed by the league it looks like, hahaaa

I don't want either. In Rose's case, 2 major injuries in such a short time can mean there are bigger issues on the way. If I'm a Bull's fan, I'm worried that my team has the point guard equivalent of Andrew Bynum.

In Kyrie's case, while I don't worry as much because his injuries are relatively minor, especially when compared to Rose, but I would wonder if this could be a pre-cursor to something more serious. Also, considering the number of games missed for relatively minor injuries, I'd also be concerned about his toughness and/or willingness to play through pain.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's settle down a bit with the hyperbole of Lebron in 2007.
It was a fine and noteworthy achievement, but it was not spectacular.

They beat a 41 win team, a 41 win team, and a 53 win team.
They got swept by a 58 win team.

It is a great achievement no doubt.
But, It wasn't like he carried scrubs through a gauntlet of stronger team.

He only played 2 teams with a winning record all playoffs.
And he got swept by one of them.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's settle down a bit with the hyperbole of the Spurs in 2014.

They beat a Dallas team with an old Dirk, an immature Blazers team, an injured Thunder team, and a tired Heat team.
They got taken to 7 games by an 8 seed.

But, It wasn't like their competition was the strongest.

Spurs only played 2 true contenders.
And one was tired and the other injured.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's settle down a bit with the hyperbole of Lebron in 2007.

They beat a 41 win team, a 41 win team, and a 53 win team.
They got swept by a 58 win team.

But, It wasn't like he carried scrubs through a gauntlet of stronger team.

He only played 2 teams with a winning record all playoffs.
And he got swept by one of them.

Really? You sure??

2006-07 Cleveland Cavaliers - m.bkref.com

Washington (43 wins) wasn't that good. But they still Arenas, Butler, Jamison, Haywood, Blatche, and Daniels. Their roster was much better than the Cavs.

Then the Nets (41 wins) didn't have the same Finals roster but Jefferson and Carter both averaged 20+, they had Kidd and Harris.

Then Detroit (59 wins), not the same team when they won the Finals, but damn good. Still the main core and a good bench minus Wallace.

So the Cavs getting to the Finals, was pretty incredible. The Cavs roster without him would of been last in the league probably wouldn't win 20 games.

*Just bc you write in paragraphs doesn't make mean you are right. :laugh3:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit had 59 wins in 2007?

NJ had 43 wins in 2007?

Who knew... I learn something everyday.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit had 59 wins in 2007?

NJ had 43 wins in 2007?

Who knew... I learn something everyday.

You had it right Horns. 41, 41, and 53. Shane had some of the players wrong too. The competition Cleveland faced that season wasn't all that, until they met the Spurs anyway.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had it right Horns. 41, 41, and 53. Shane had some of the players wrong too. The competition Cleveland faced that season wasn't all that, until they met the Spurs anyway.

I had the records wrong, must of included the playoffs. But players were right.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane must feel like a damn fool lol

Fool. The main point I was making was right. The Cavs beat better competition, with a shit team around Lebron. All the teams they beat had a better team.

Lebron carried them and it shouldn't be overlooked.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great in depth look on the Heat new players/offense

You can’t replace LeBron James. Short of rapidly accelerating cloning technology, there’s isn’t an avenue in existence which can lead you to the same combination of size, skill, intelligence and athleticism in today’s game. But being competitive isn’t exclusive to the team which has that one player. Where the HEAT once had the use of a very particular, highly efficient set of skills, they now have vacant possessions to fill. And they can fill them within the context of the same offensive system Erik Spoelstra has employed over the past three seasons.

So, in lieu of replacing one player with an individual, you replace those possessions in the aggregate.

That means more pick-and-rolls for Miami’s trio of point guards. Not 10 more for each, but three or four apiece. A few more elbow touches for Chris Bosh, and more catches in space early in the shot clock. A few more post-ups for Dwyane Wade, as his usage percentage will likely tick above 30 percent again for the first time in two years, and more pick-and-rolls sprinkled throughout. And, of course, new possessions for a pair of additions that figure to feature heavily in the rotation.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren’t many wing players in the league who can claim to be near Wade’s level when it comes to moving without the ball, but Luol Deng is among those precious few. Like Wade, Deng isn’t a pure spot-up shooter – he typically doesn’t tilt the defense in his direction just by standing near the three-point line. But, also like Wade, Deng makes up for his lack of perimeter pull by being a consistent threat to disappear as soon as his defender looks in the direction of the ball.

You look, Deng is there. You look away, Deng is cutting right behind you for a dunk. And since he understands the angles of the court, he’s smart enough to pause mid-movement in order to preserve the passing window.

The offense won’t often run directly through Deng – he’s never use more than a quarter of his team’s offensive possessions while on the floor – but for everything that Spoelstra asks of his offensive players, Deng can contribute in every area. He can post up, fill space, get in the right spots, finish with a soft touch around the rim, create a mid-range shot in case of emergency and, most importantly, the ball isn’t going to stick in his hands. With a fewer automatic drive-and-kick actions available to Miami, ball movement is going to be crucial for generating enough efficiency to sustain close to a Top 10 offense.

But it all works because Deng – who the HEAT will likely ask to work on his corner three in order to use him as a stretch-four – can buoy his varied skillset with movement. Movement through which Deng can complement any offensive action

The New HEAT | Miami Heat

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shawn Marion is still going to be more of a kingmaker than any other player I think.

If the Spurs get him, it will be overkill. He is literally exactly what they need...maybe the only thing missing from that roster, a true backup small forward.

If he goes to a team like OKC, LAC, Chicago, or Indiana it also changes a lot of things as well.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shawn Marion is still going to be more of a kingmaker than any other player I think.

If the Spurs get him, it will be overkill. He is literally exactly what they need...maybe the only thing missing from that roster, a true backup small forward.

If he goes to a team like OKC, LAC, Chicago, or Indiana it also changes a lot of things as well.

He'd be a great b/u for Kawhi.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope DRose comes back and stays healthy, I just don't see it. Pretty sad.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeez, the Bulls are mad at Rose for not recruiting Carmelo hard enough...

He shouldn't have to beg and plead for Melo.

if the Bulls cannot land him, then don't blame Rose for his lack of "prostitution skills".

That is kind of a dick move by the Bulls if the story is true.