• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron's game is much better now than it was at 23-24 years old.

Heat fans sure have done a 180 on Lebron. You were confident that he was on his way to surpassing Jordan when he was in a Heat uniform. Not so much now since he bailed on Miami.

Nope. I said it after 2011 that Lebron's bid to having a better career than Jordan's was finished. The 2014 Finals put the final nail in that. I always thought if Lebron had stayed with Miami the rest of his career, he would likely finish with 4 titles.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you meant the only EASTERN CONFERENCE team capable.... I know that is what you meant?

Go Spurs Go.

Yeah. Obviously the Spurs would have to be included in that discussion. But as far as the East goes, if Lebron had stayed in Miami. The only team that would remotely give Miami fans any cause for concern is Chicago.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that. And of course I understand that BKSBALLER knows it as well.

I was just reminding everyone who the CHAMPS are in fact...and still presumptive best team in 2015.

The Spurs are such an afterthought in the shadow of the greatness that is Cleveland.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you meant the only EASTERN CONFERENCE team capable.... I know that is what you meant?

Go Spurs Go.

Yes that is correct. The Bulls are the only team who would be able to possibly prevent Miami from making the finals

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well mainly because Miami had a better team than Cleveland. The only team capable of touching Miami in the next 2 years if he stayed would have been Chicago. With him going to Cleveland he is no longer a lock to make the finals and also he's playing with a lot of young and inexperience players. Playoffs experience does mean something. Their key players excluding Lebron all lack any playoffs experience

Initially sure, given the youth and inexperience on Cleveland. 82 games is a lot of games to jell though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Lebron did one of the greatest things ever, he won 60+ games and got that shitty team to the Finals. I don't believe any one player could if done that, especially what he did against Detroit

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron's game is much better now than it was at 23-24 years old.

Heat fans sure have done a 180 on Lebron. You were confident that he was on his way to surpassing Jordan when he was in a Heat uniform. Not so much now since he bailed on Miami.

I 1000% agree his game is much better, but his effort over 82 isn't even close.

He understands its all about the playoffs and championship teams can win road games.
My comment is only related to me not thinking the Cavs will win near 60 games.

I certainly am not diminishing his skills at all. He's the best right now by far IMO regardless of whose jersey he's wearing.

As far as surpassing Jordan. My opinion that he wont ever pass him perception wise has nothing to do with him leaving.
Its way more about his .400 win % in Finals so far...even though IMO best case he could only be 3-2 vs 2-3.

I've always thought the fairer comparison was to Magic anyway, as far as how they play the game.

If I'm drafting an all time team, I would have no problem drafting James #1 if push came to shove.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Lebron did one of the greatest things ever, he won 60+ games and got that shitty team to the Finals. I don't believe any one player could if done that, especially what he did against Detroit

Agree.
He should have been praised beyond belief for getting that team there, not ridiculed for being swept by the Spurs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any difference between Heat fans now and Cleveland fans when he left the first time.

Then you aren't/weren't paying attention.

We've called bullshit on his supposed reasons for leaving, but none of us that I have seen have ever said he was obligated in any way to stay.

James is the 1st to ever bail on a team who had just made their 4th straight Finals.

His reasons for coming to Miami were much different then the reasons he left.

Shield-Thread Killa

Tribal Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 876.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LACE'EM UP!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that. And of course I understand that BKSBALLER knows it as well.

I was just reminding everyone who the CHAMPS are in fact...and still presumptive best team in 2015.

The Spurs are such an afterthought in the shadow of the greatness that is Cleveland.

I read this to my SECURITY MANAGER...

Says to boot...

They put a astisk on game six of the 2013....and a picture of MANO.....AAHAHHAAHAHA

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, what's gonna happen when Love's shot isn't falling and he is demanding the ball?

Remember that guy, Lebron, the best player in the world. I'm sure he can get him easy looks inside. :laugh3:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ailene Voisin @ailene_voisin Follow I am hearing that longtime NBA veteran referee Dick Bavetta is retiring. Not official yet though, according to NBA sources. Bavetta is 74.
[ame="https://twitter.com/ailene_voisin/statuses/494246609882841089"]6:22 PM - 29 Jul 2014[/ame]

[ame="https://twitter.com/ailene_voisin/statuses/494246609882841089"]84 Retweets [/ame] [ame="https://twitter.com/ailene_voisin/statuses/494246609882841089"]20 favorites [/ame]

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury prone means missed games. Irving has played almost as many as Parker and I doubt anyone would call Parker Mr Glass. (injury prone) If you listed the point guards who have been injury prone and missed tons of games, ROSE is the man.

Uh, no it doesn't. Injury prone means several seasons of missing a lot of games due to injury. Guys like Kobe and Parker have many years of missing very few games due to injury, but then suffered major injuries. That is not injury prone.

Derek Rose, looks to be injury prone as does Kyrie based on the injuries this early in their careers. If they can go a few years without missing many games due to injury, then they won't be considered injury prone anymore. Until then, they are.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid comparison. Irving carries the Cavs. Parker has lots more guys to help and NEVER had to carry them. Now we have to go back to high school to show glassness? LOL. It just shows the lemming mentality here. Once a guy is labeled something it sticks whether valid or not.

th

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't mean he isn't an up-and-coming star. He is 22, really?

Playing with Lebron will make him 10x better and he is already underrated. I watched him play all season and he carried this team that was injury prone. The team had no chemistry, it was 1-on-5 at times. He will be great in time, just watch and enjoy it.

It is crazy to think that Kyrie is only 22 years old...hes still at least a couple seasons away from even being in his prime...that is a scary proposition.

Love or no Love- I think the Cavs are at least the #2 seed in the East- and unless Chicago trades for Love -the Cavs make the Finals.

LeBron, Love, Kyrie, Varejao, Waiters, Thompson, Miller, (and either Ray Allen or- salary cap flotsam they get back from the Twolves in either Barea, Budinger or Brewer)---

those top 8 are plenty talented enough to win the conference- especially once the playoffs start and there is more rest and rotations tighten up. I think that out of Harris and Powell- the 2 2nd rounders- that they will get a little something out of one of those guys by the end of the year----plus Delledova is actually a solid backup PG that proved he can make a shot here and there and play some rugged defense

The only team that really comes close talent wise in the East is Chicago- and the Cavs would definitely have AT LEAST the 3 of the 4 most talented players on the floor and in the NBA that wins a VAST majority of the time.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, no it doesn't. Injury prone means several seasons of missing a lot of games due to injury. Guys like Kobe and Parker have many years of missing very few games due to injury, but then suffered major injuries. That is not injury prone.

Derek Rose, looks to be injury prone as does Kyrie based on the injuries this early in their careers. If they can go a few years without missing many games due to injury, then they won't be considered injury prone anymore. Until then, they are.

call me crazy- but i would much prefer a guy have a few bumps and bruises that cause him to miss games here or there then a guy that has a major injury and all of a sudden has a major injury concern the rest of his NBA career

Kyrie does not have one injury that would cause you to worry about him reaggravating something- there is no chronic injury there- and really- a bunch of the games Kyrie sat out were the Cavs selling they were being "extra cautious" when all they really wanted to do was lose a few more games to get a higher shot in the lotto.....I remember the one time KYrie being interviewed and being asked about an injury - and asking teh reporter "so what are they saying i hurt now?" LOL......at least Chris Grant TRIED to cover it up rather then the 76'ers brazen tanking that is gonna get them screwed by the league it looks like, hahaaa