• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there ever been a player who was considered ELITE but toiled away on non-playoff teams for multiple years......never making even a cameo playoff appearance.

Then went to another team and became an ELITE player with deep playoff runs?

I cannot think of any off the top of my head.
I am sure there are some. There has to be at least one.

But even guys like Chris Webber maybe a cameo with the Wizards and Warriors.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there's that. There's also Wade being the 3rd best SG of all-time and we're talking about Waiters possibly not even starting on this Cavs team. And, at this time in Wade's career, Wade already had a Finals MVP under his belt. Point being - Waiters isn't or will never be on Wade's level.

If going just by rings sure D. Wade is the 3rd best SG of all time. No disrespect to Wade but I'd put The Logo ahead of D. Wade on my all time SG list. Jerry West was an assassin on the court.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could it be that they lacked chemistry because of him?

Or bc of that guy that just wanted to chunk up shots, start shit in the locker room, and wanted to be traded and the star of the team. That's Waiters for ya.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there ever been a player who was considered ELITE but toiled away on non-playoff teams for multiple years......never making even a cameo playoff appearance.

Then went to another team and became an ELITE player with deep playoff runs?

I cannot think of any off the top of my head.
I am sure there are some. There has to be at least one.

But even guys like Chris Webber maybe a cameo with the Wizards and Warriors.

Scottie Pippen, maybe not the playoff part but they never contended.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs were a 33 win team last year and remember 2 of the guys from that team (maybe more) are no longer with them in Deng & CJ Miles. You're expecting a whole lot from Lebron (if they don't get Love) if you think he changes that team into some finals favorite.

The Heat on the other hand were a 47 win team before Lebron signed. That is a huge difference

Also Zeller and Hawes, and Jack.

They do get Andy back, who is a good player, but their depth took a big hit.

Of course to get James you basically do anything,
but this roster has no room for error in the staying healthy department.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Zeller and Hawes, and Jack.

They do get Andy back, who is a good player, but their depth took a big hit.

Of course to get James you basically do anything,
but this roster has no room for error in the staying healthy department.

Sweet irony would be that both Love and Kyrie go down with injuries.

:lol:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavaliers are putting a lot of boasting on two players who could not even crack an 8 seed.
They are very good players, but it really confuses me to annoit greatness for perennial lottery team players.

Lebron is a transcendent player.
But, I am not sure that Kyrie or Love are anything half as worthy of their praise lately.

You're joking right. :laugh3:

Love is a borderline superstar, he couldn't do anymore for that team unless he got them an 8 seed.

Kyrie is younger, but he is player that needs help and is ready to lead a team. He will only grow. Already a great ball handler and shooter, he is also great at creating his own shot. It will take time, but this is a potential great trio.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't mean he isn't an up-and-coming star. He is 22, really?

Playing with Lebron will make him 10x better and he is already underrated. I watched him play all season and he carried this team that was injury prone. The team had no chemistry, it was 1-on-5 at times. He will be great in time, just watch and enjoy it.

Never said that he couldn't, but he was a chucker and there were some rumblings in the locker room about him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs were a 33 win team last year and remember 2 of the guys from that team (maybe more) are no longer with them in Deng & CJ Miles. You're expecting a whole lot from Lebron (if they don't get Love) if you think he changes that team into some finals favorite.

The Heat on the other hand were a 47 win team before Lebron signed. That is a huge difference

I believe Cleveland was like a 16 win team when Lebron was young and got there. I think first of all you are underestimating Lebron and players that finally have someone to lead them. It makes a huge difference.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet irony would be that both Love and Kyrie go down with injuries.

:lol:

I never wish injury on any player,
but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be laughing a little if it did happen.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If going just by rings sure D. Wade is the 3rd best SG of all time. No disrespect to Wade but I'd put The Logo ahead of D. Wade on my all time SG list. Jerry West was an assassin on the court.

Certainly debatable. I put West at 4th, but that's just me. Rings unlike all the other sports can be factored heavily considering how much of an impact one player has on a team.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Cleveland was like a 16 win team when Lebron was young and got there. I think first of all you are underestimating Lebron and players that finally have someone to lead them. It makes a huge difference.

If James played all 82 hog wild like he did as a younger 23-24 year old,
the Cavs might win closer to 60, but he doesn't any more.

His days of surpassing Jordan as GOAT have come and gone.
He can pass him as far as biggest brand ever though, and he is putting a lot of his focus into that.

I believe that was as big as of a reason as any that he decided to play with a younger of players.
He doesn't want to have to carry the load all regular season.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never wish injury on any player,
but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be laughing a little if it did happen.

I wouldn't think like that too much if I was a Heat fan. Two of the big 3, if you can call them that anymore, have a lot of mileage on them.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're joking right. :laugh3:

Love is a borderline superstar, he couldn't do anymore for that team unless he got them an 8 seed.

Kyrie is younger, but he is player that needs help and is ready to lead a team. He will only grow. Already a great ball handler and shooter, he is also great at creating his own shot. It will take time, but this is a potential great trio.

Honestly, what's gonna happen when Love's shot isn't falling and he is demanding the ball?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If James played all 82 hog wild like he did as a younger 23-24 year old,
the Cavs might win closer to 60, but he doesn't any more.

His days of surpassing Jordan as GOAT have come and gone.
He can pass him as far as biggest brand ever though, and he is putting a lot of his focus into that.

I believe that was as big as of a reason as any that he decided to play with a younger of players.
He doesn't want to have to carry the load all regular season.

Lebron's game is much better now than it was at 23-24 years old.

Heat fans sure have done a 180 on Lebron. You were confident that he was on his way to surpassing Jordan when he was in a Heat uniform. Not so much now since he bailed on Miami.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heat fans sure have done a 180 on Lebron. You were confident that he was on his way to surpassing Jordan when he was in a Heat uniform. Not so much now since he bailed on Miami.

I don't see any difference between Heat fans now and Cleveland fans when he left the first time.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well mainly because Miami had a better team than Cleveland. The only team capable of touching Miami in the next 2 years if he stayed would have been Chicago. With him going to Cleveland he is no longer a lock to make the finals and also he's playing with a lot of young and inexperience players. Playoffs experience does mean something. Their key players excluding Lebron all lack any playoffs experience

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only team capable of touching Miami in the next 2 years if he stayed would have been Chicago

I assume you meant the only EASTERN CONFERENCE team capable.... I know that is what you meant?

Go Spurs Go.