• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Shield-Thread Killa

Tribal Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 876.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOC ON WOOD

Irving has never had a serious injury. Rose is the real Mr Glass. Kobe too. Career changing injuries.

Don't jinx him bro...

But when watching him play he seems to take care of himself...

Like PARKER he doesn't go all NUT MOVES to the hole like WESTBROOK and others...

SMOOTH!!!!!!!!!!! HE IS...

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition, with the addition of LeBron and others, Irving will need to carry less of a load than he has the last 3 years. I don't know how DJ can claim Irving is glass. Let's see, Rondo, out for a long time with a severe knee injury, Rose, out with 2 serious knee injuries, Rubio, out with a severe knee injury, Nash, out nearly all the time with a whole bunch of issues. Irving has missed far less games than the guys I mentioned above over the last 3 years. Tony Parker has been injured about as much as Irving.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add in the one year where the Cavs simply held Irving out at the end of the year since there was no need for him to come back early and play. Games missed that were meaningless and he could have played.Irving is no more Mr Glass than DJ is an NBA expert.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving is Mr Glass. Cavs fans that tell themselves otherwise are fooling themselves.

Morning all.

More Cleveland bashing from their # 1 fan :laugh3:

Hey DJ.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Cleveland bashing from their # 1 fan :laugh3:

Hey DJ.

Well, his Lakers are going to be bad for a long time so he's got to get some enjoyment somehow. Cleveland bashing is all he has and that's going to be tough with Cleveland a title contender for the foreseeable future.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving has never had a serious injury. Rose is the real Mr Glass. Kobe too. Career changing injuries.

There is a difference between serious injury and injury prone.

Irving appears to be very injury prone.

It isn't a wish, its just a factual statement going back to at least his Duke days.

Hopefully (or not), he stays healthy this season. Only time will tell.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the term "Mr. Glass", means what you think it means if you think it applies to Kobe.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It isn't a wish, its just a factual statement going back to at least his Duke days.

Injury prone? He and Parker have played nearly the same number of games the last 3 years. So is Parker injury prone too?

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the term "Mr. Glass", means what you think it means if you think it applies to Kobe.

Kobe is the recent Mr Glass. In the last 3 years, Kobe has only played in 142 games.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is the recent Mr Glass. In the last 3 years, Kobe has only played in 142 games.

As turnup pointed out, there is a difference between suffering a major injury and being injury prone. So again, Mr. Glass doesn't mean what you think it means.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, his Lakers are going to be bad for a long time so he's got to get some enjoyment somehow. Cleveland bashing is all he has and that's going to be tough with Cleveland a title contender for the foreseeable future.

I'm just goofing around this morning. For years DJ has bashed anything Cleveland sports related. Which I find a bit wired since both of our NFL teams are currently league doormats. Anyway it's just all in fun.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury prone? He and Parker have played nearly the same number of games the last 3 years. So is Parker injury prone too?

Irving has been in the league for 3 years. I wouldn't be comparing his number of games played over the last 3 years to a guy who is entering his 13th year in the NBA and has played professionally for 15 years.

Also, many of Parkers missed games over the past 3 seasons are because Pop tends to rest Parker, Duncan and Ginobili several times throughout the season because of their age, not injuries.

For Irving to have missed as many games as he has already is a bit of a red flag.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You might get crushed for this comment. TP is 31 & a 13 year vet w/ tons of playoff experience. Irving on the other hand is a 21 year old kid. KI should be much healthier than TP at their respective points in their careers.

Go team go!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Irving's injury issues go back to his HS days. His sr. year he only played a handful of games due to that pesky injury bug he seemingly can't shake.

Last edited by a moderator:

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As turnup pointed out, there is a difference between suffering a major injury and being injury prone. So again, Mr. Glass doesn't mean what you think it means.

Injury prone means missed games. Irving has played almost as many as Parker and I doubt anyone would call Parker Mr Glass. (injury prone) If you listed the point guards who have been injury prone and missed tons of games, ROSE is the man.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many games did Parker miss just because Pops was resting him?

All (or the vast majority) of players miss some games for various reasons.

I'm not predicting Kyrie to miss 1/3 of the season or anything, but if he misses 10-15 games over the course of the season it could cost them a seed or 2 because of how competitive the East appears it will be combined with the probability that the Cavs roster will be a couple players thinner than it already is if Love is traded to them.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might get crushed for this comment. TP is 31 & a 13 year vet w/ tons of playoff experience. Irving on the other hand is a 21 year old kid. KI should be much healthier than TP at their respective points in their careers.

Go team go!

Stupid comparison. Irving carries the Cavs. Parker has lots more guys to help and NEVER had to carry them. Now we have to go back to high school to show glassness? LOL. It just shows the lemming mentality here. Once a guy is labeled something it sticks whether valid or not.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not predicting Kyrie to miss 1/3 of the season or anything, but if he misses 10-15 games over the course of the season it could cost them a seed or 2 because of how competitive the East appears it will be combined with the probability that the Cavs roster will be a couple players thinner than it already is if Love is traded to them.

Kyrie missed quite a few games for the same reason. One season he was held out for the last 10-15 games simply because there was no need for him to rush back from a minor injury. In fact, Irvings injuries have been very minor and often just unlucky. A concussion from hitting Wades knee. Breaking finger from slamming his hand on wall. He's never had a serious injury.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kobe, career wise, has been the ultimate warrior.

Yes, he did suffer a major injury 2 years ago, but as far as career in total, calling him injury prone or Mr. Glass is simply retarted.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even with LeBron and others flocking to Cleveland, I see the Cleveland bashing hasn't subsided. If Kyrie misses 15 games, the Cavs are now so deep, it won't matter. When he was the only all star, it mattered. The Cavs will win 55-60 games without breaking a sweat. That seems to really bother the FN and now SportsHoopla pretenders.