• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and HEat fans- dont be surprised when Deng craps the bed

I was really excited to get the guy but he looked absolutely cooked. His defense was subpar and he took so many bad 18 footers that i would lose my mind. Thibs ran that guy into the freaking ground. He is an ancient 29..

Honest to God- i swear to you if LeBron signed with the HEat the 1st day of free agency- the Cavs would ahve been big time looking for a small forward but I would have been very pist if they gave Deng any kind of real deal

I think the Heat did very well for themselves to keep Dengs deal to only 10 million a year and only for 2 years....because i am telling you right now...the guy has played way too many minutes, way too hard for way too long and looks cooked

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I was talking the Beasley before last year. I probably should have said, if he reverts to being Beasley.

Fair enough, and I agree.
Every season he's going into the batters box with 2 strikes already on the board.

I think the difference these days is that he knows and more importantly understands that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deng brought some much needed leadership to the Cavs which helped- but the Bulls got better once he left and they gave Butler and Snell more minutes.....

the Cavs really do need to find a way to add another big man at some point whether some kind of signing or trade. Love/Varejao/Thompson/Haywood/Powell leaves you pretty thin- that makes me real nervous

the guard situation is fine though- Waiters will play some big minutes on the 2nd unit. Delledova is actually a really good on the ball defender and can shoot a little- Joe Harris is a 4 year guy that can shoot and play some D and play 10-12minutes a night right awy--- and then of coruse you have Miller/Jones and possibly Allen.....the perimeter bench situation should not be any kind of problem

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was really excited to get the guy but he looked absolutely cooked. His defense was subpar and he took so many bad 18 footers that i would lose my mind. Thibs ran that guy into the freaking ground. He is an ancient 29..

Honest to God- i swear to you if LeBron signed with the HEat the 1st day of free agency- the Cavs would ahve been big time looking for a small forward but I would have been very pist if they gave Deng any kind of real deal

I think the Heat did very well for themselves to keep Dengs deal to only 10 million a year and only for 2 years....because i am telling you right now...the guy has played way too many minutes, way too hard for way too long and looks cooked

Speaking for myself, I wasn't overly excited with getting him, BUT, as you pointed out, they paid probably under this off seasons market value, and it's only 2 years.

He'd still be a Bull if he didn't think he was worth more than 10M.

Under the circumstances, it was by far IMO the best that Riley could have done.

Deng also saw the dysfunction in the Cavs locker room, and knew he wasn't staying.
I'm pretty much erasing anything that he did there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd slow down with that talk a bit.

For starters, look at the starters. 2/5 are injury PRONE. Healthy, offensively, they would be a fun bunch to watch, but on D, not so much. I think it would lead to a lot of running up and down the court which leads to
the......

Dude, just say they are the Clippers East :lol:

Wait.....:bawling:

I think the Cavs bottom is #3 with or without Love.

But as far as winning the East?

That depends on the spiderwebs that are holding Derek Rose's knees together.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking for myself, I wasn't overly excited with getting him, BUT, as you pointed out, they paid probably under this off seasons market value, and it's only 2 years.

He'd still be a Bull if he didn't think he was worth more than 10M.

Under the circumstances, it was by far IMO the best that Riley could have done.

Deng also saw the dysfunction in the Cavs locker room, and knew he wasn't staying.
I'm pretty much erasing anything that he did there.

You also have to remember that he was unhappy in Ohio.

I think he will be back to his old steady self with the Heat.

But, Bosh will be the go to guy.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deng brought some much needed leadership to the Cavs which helped- but the Bulls got better once he left and they gave Butler and Snell more minutes.....

the Cavs really do need to find a way to add another big man at some point whether some kind of signing or trade. Love/Varejao/Thompson/Haywood/Powell leaves you pretty thin- that makes me real nervous

the guard situation is fine though- Waiters will play some big minutes on the 2nd unit. Delledova is actually a really good on the ball defender and can shoot a little- Joe Harris is a 4 year guy that can shoot and play some D and play 10-12minutes a night right awy--- and then of coruse you have Miller/Jones and possibly Allen.....the perimeter bench situation should not be any kind of problem

Blatche

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

averaged 14 points, 5 boards, one steal, and 2.5 assists in 33 minutes per game in 40 games with you guys. Also, commented how the atmosphere in Cleveland was not what he was use to. He has had injury concerns so it could be bad, but he may revive his career. Who knows...........what will be very interesting is to see how Lebron on a short term deal, Love on short term deal and Irving end up co-existing with a new coach and new GM. Don't assume you will automatically be in the finals.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs are smart they should bring Waiters off the bench.

Miller or Ray don't start though. I guess Ray could, and still play less minutes than Waiters. Then Waiters could be the guy for the 2nd team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, and I agree.
Every season he's going into the batters box with 2 strikes already on the board.

I think the difference these days is that he knows and more importantly understands that.

And besides, as someone else pointed out, Kobe will end up punching him if reverts back to the old Beasley.:lol:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can they afford him?

Probably at vet minimum.

I'm sure he's looking for a payday after taking scraps in Brooklyn.

But, either last season, or this season, is/was his last year of getting amnesty money from the Wiz.

I think it's like 8-10 mil.

So, he shouldn't be hurting for cash.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm hoping they don't :lol:.

No matter where he goes, he won't be hurting for cash even if he takes the minimum.

Blatche has a player option on July 1. He will still receive an amnesty payment from the Wizards next year and no matter what happens, his total take in amnesty and salary should total nearly $10 million.

Andray Blatche is "excited" about playing for Philippines - NetsDaily

Rush, Livingston, Blatche, Green, Barnes, Ezeli. Would be a great bench. Going from a weakness to a strength...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And besides, as someone else pointed out, Kobe will end up punching him if reverts back to the old Beasley.:lol:

Doubt it.
Beasley would convince the team trainers to go the 'medicinal' route.
Lakers would have the most 'chill' team in the league.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,770.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving is Mr Glass. Cavs fans that tell themselves otherwise are fooling themselves.

Morning all.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt it.
Beasley would convince the team trainers to go the 'medicinal' route.
Lakers would have the most 'chill' team in the league.

Well, there are lots of collectives in L.A., so you're probably right.:lol:

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving is Mr Glass. Cavs fans that tell themselves otherwise are fooling themselves.

Morning all.

Irving has never had a serious injury. Rose is the real Mr Glass. Kobe too. Career changing injuries.