• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at the wolves if they don't get wiggins

seriously--- if they dont get Wiggins and the Cavs get Love thats me you will be hear yelling from Cleveland , haha

out of the last 6-7 drafts Wiggins is a top 3-4 prospect with really the only better arguables being at draft time maybe Rose, probably Anthony Davis...and really thats probably it....almost every time a guy goes #1 and is that highly regarded - so highly regarded that everyone knows who he is over a year before the draft (and not one of those years where no one knows who #1 is gonna because none of them are standouts like the Bargs, Bogut, Bennett type drafts) - they usually always turn out to be very very good players.

Kyrie was certainly not heralded as highly as Wiggins....nor was Wall....

Wiggins is not your "ordinary prospect"....hes a pretty damn solid bet and being really good---- but great? no one knows for sure but history is on his side

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they will be keeping Waiters if Wiggins is in the deal- they are not going to give up both of their SG's

Waiters and Varejao are two very good pieces in that starting lineup as well- certainly better then any PG/C combination the Heat threw out with their Big 3

and i have mixed feelings about dealing Wiggins and putting all your money into a Big 3- and half of me would prefer the SAS route rather than the MIA route....but- we have better role players than Miami, and we have draft picks to add to the team as well....and Haywoods K will net us another player next offseason

plus unlike Arison, Gilbert is not going to go cheapo on Lebron- especially when Lebron has the hammer of those short contracts

Total bullshit. Getting rid of Miller was a move any owner would have done under the same circumstances.
The Heat had a roster full of 3 pt shooters, more then the Cavs have right now.

Adding the younger, more versatile Beasley and the what ifs of Oden was the better, smarter, path.

Anyone who thinks that James leaving had ANYTHING to do with Miller not being here is just drinking the bull shit in the kool aid.

Of course James wanted him to join him now because the Cavs have little bench with not much firepower on it.
Truth be told, they were friendly as teammates, but they aren't per se even social friends off the court.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flip has a choice. Keep love, take a klayless or wigginsless deal, or deal him to boston

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they make the Love trade, the Cavs bench will be nearly as bad as the Heat bench in 2011.

Outside of Tristan that bench is looking pretty crappy with some one dimensional players

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total bullshit. Getting rid of Miller was a move any owner would have done under the same circumstances.
The Heat had a roster full of 3 pt shooters, more then the Cavs have right now.

Adding the younger, more versatile Beasley and the what ifs of Oden was the better, smarter, path.

Anyone who thinks that James leaving had ANYTHING to do with Miller not being here is just drinking the bull shit in the kool aid.

Of course James wanted him to join him now because the Cavs have little bench with not much firepower on it.
Truth be told, they were friendly as teammates, but they aren't per se even social friends off the court.

I just dont agree with you that "any owner would have done it"

and from reporting I heard the intitial meeting with LeBron after the season the Heat asked him to again take less than the Max- and LeBron kinda freaked I think at taking less than the Max when Arison was unwilling to open his check book to add players to last years team and avoided a hefty tax bill.

You can be sure that Gilbert will spend whatever it takes- he really does not care and thats certainly a draw

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, but if Beasley keeps being the Beasley we saw last year, he will have an extended, decent NBA career.
Obviously he will never live up to the expectations of a #2 overall pick, but that doesn't mean he can't help teams moving forward.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and from reporting I heard the intitial meeting with LeBron after the season the Heat asked him to again take less than the Max- and LeBron kinda freaked I think at taking less than the Max when Arison was unwilling to open his check book to add players to last years team and avoided a hefty tax bill.

You can be sure that Gilbert will spend whatever it takes- he really does not care and thats certainly a draw

Lebron was going to get the max in Miami if he stayed.

Last year team didn't need to be change really. I'm sorry but you don't make changes to your squad when you just came off a 66 win season and the NBA title.....On top of that mostly everyone was under contract

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steins last tweet makes me think that he is not on the table. And my friend said the same thing about him not being officially on the table

If you read the article which I posted from Stein/Windhorst he is still in the deal

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They might have discussed taking less, in maybe a scenario to acquire Anthony, Lowry, Gortat, etc..?

Wouldn't that make sense if James was crying for improvement at every position?
How else could that possibly happen?

This isn't MLB where you can just spend endlessly on FA unless you have Birds rights.

I could see if Arison made a move like the Thunder did with Harden, but that is hardly the case.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they make the Love trade, the Cavs bench will be nearly as bad as the Heat bench in 2011.

Outside of Tristan that bench is looking pretty crappy with some one dimensional players

they might be forced to take Barea and or Brewer or Budinger in the deal....so that MIGHT add another bench player

and they MIGHT start Waiters, but make no mistake, Waiters is going to get a lot of minutes with the 2nd unit while they put a spot up sharp shooter at the 2 when Kyrie and LeBron are playing together

2nd unit will probably functionally headlined by Waiters, Thompson, Delledova, Haywood if he can play, and anyone ancillary they get in the Love deal

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to be up extra early to take freaking documents to some title bureau for some deal since some lady waited till the last minute...get to drive through rush hour and try and park somewhere downtown at 8 am....

at least my sentence as a law clerk, errhhh. the attorneys little bitch is coming to a close

gnight guys

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it sure looks like Love to Cleveland is definitely going to get done....

the cupboard was beyond bare when LeBron left 4 years ago- and now 4 years later I will be, in all likelihood, watching a starting lineup of

Irving
Waiters
James
Love
Varejao

that is a damn good starting lineup- a bench of Thompson, Miller, Haywood, Delledova, Jones, is not bad but it could use Ray Allen and another big

book them the East

I'd slow down with that talk a bit.

For starters, look at the starters. 2/5 are injury PRONE. Healthy, offensively, they would be a fun bunch to watch, but on D, not so much. I think it would lead to a lot of running up and down the court which leads to
the......

Bench... Which is horrible in almost any scenario if James is not on the court.

So, best case , everything goes right, yeah, I suppose they could win the East.

Worst case and they have key players miss a lot of games due to injury, obviously, especially James, I could see 5-6 seed.

Law of averages, assuming same with other teams in the East and I'll say 3-4 seed.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but if Beasley keeps being the Beasley we saw last year, he will have an extended, decent NBA career.
Obviously he will never live up to the expectations of a #2 overall pick, but that doesn't mean he can't help teams moving forward.

Oh, I was talking the Beasley before last year. I probably should have said, if he reverts to being Beasley.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd slow down with that talk a bit.

For starters, look at the starters. 2/5 are injury PRONE. Healthy, offensively, they would be a fun bunch to watch, but on D, not so much. I think it would lead to a lot of running up and down the court which leads to
the......

Bench... Which is horrible in almost any scenario if James is not on the court.

So, best case , everything goes right, yeah, I suppose they could win the East.

Worst case and they have key players miss a lot of games due to injury, obviously, especially James, I could see 5-6 seed.

Law of averages, assuming same with other teams in the East and I'll say 3-4 seed.

I think people out of Cleveland that dont read or see the team on a daily basis have a poor idea on the status of Kyrie's health

first off- he has never had a serious injury in his career. 2nd off- plenty of the games he sat out- he would have played if the Cavs were in a playoff hunt---

they were in the EXACT opposite situation where sitting Kyrie actually HELPED them get a better place in the lotto to get guys around him - which led to the situation they are in right now

and- when Kyrie came into the league he was a 19 year old kid- that LOOKED like a 19 year old kid- that had never played anything close to an NBA season...

now that he has matured physically and looks like an NBA player, and has been on an NBA teams training program for 3 years- and knows what to expect and how to manage an NBA season- there is no reason to think that he wont be fine health wise

honestly before- if he got a hangnail there was no incentive to play him- he was the franchise- they erred on the side of caution- while getting higher spots in the lotto

Kyrie is gonna be fine....

I think with Varejao you DO have a legitimate argument- especially with so little depth behind him- that worries me

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Marvin Williams, Derek Williams, Thabeet and Darko still fresh in the minds of the NBA faithful, Beasley rarely gets heat for not living up to the hype of the 2nd overall pick.

It has never been a question of talent for Beasley.

It was always about his maturity.

We will never know what type of player he would have turned out to be had he had the opportunity to stay with the Heat.

Getting banished to the cornfields, while your former team replaces you and goes on to win multiple titles had to hurt.

I don't think Beasley, sans blowing trees, was anywhere near as bad as DeMarcus Cousins.

But, Sacto hung in there and showed faith and Boogie looks like a serious talent.