• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like watching Quentin Tarintino or Robert Rodriguez movies.

They are intentionally cheesy and that's what makes them AWESOME.

Maybe you meant another word than awesome. :laugh3:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca, I like what Houston did. They got a better dedender for half what Parsons wanted. And Ariza made a higher 3point % & scored just 2 fewer ppg.

They lost 3 rotation guys to gain Ariza.

That's a fail...imo

Ariza is an upgrade over Parsons defensively.

But, he's not gonna help Howard get space around the basket because he is not a great 3pt shooter.

Ariza got a bunch of clean looks last Season because the defense had to respect Beal.

Harden is a scorer, not a shooter, and Howard needs to be surrounded by shooters to have success.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...How awesome would it have been if Riley pulled this one off?

Riley called Carmelo Anthony's agent after LeBron left but "that dance card had been punched. We were a little bit late to that party. I made a call but we were late in on that one."

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you guys posted Pat Riley Q & A today but 2 or 3 of his answers really showed why Lebron is a piece of shit in my book

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course.

Real classy to not answer any of Pat's calls/text/e-mail before he had had met with Cleveland. Seems like Pat was trying to contact once he had opted out and Lebron never responded.

Another thing is Pat said he told Lebron about the players they were targeting to team up with Lebron and he never said no don't do that because I'm not sure I will be coming back any thing of that nature

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just post the questions where it was all about Lebron because it is a very long read

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real classy to not answer any of Pat's calls/text/e-mail before he had had met with Cleveland. Seems like Pat was trying to contact once he had opted out and Lebron never responded.

Another thing is Pat said he told Lebron about the players they were targeting to team up with Lebron and he never said no don't do that because I'm not sure I will be coming back any thing of that nature

Just be glad that your Owner and Team President decided to take the high road.

Riley declined to say if he knew – when he met with LeBron in Las Vegas - that LeBron had met with Cavs owner Dan Gilbert four days earlier. "There wasn’t anything in that meeting that told me that wasn’t going to happen [that LeBron was going to leave]. I’ve moved on quickly from that. We are going to build another championship team and that’s it. This business, as we find it, is tough. Sometimes you have those tough calls and sometimes things happen to you that you don’t like but you’ve got to move on." Miami Herald

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On LeBron’s departure: "Like Micky [Arison] said, both of us were shocked, but you recover. I don’t want to go back in history, but after 45 years, I think I’ve been around at least 15 transcendent players that have walked out the door – either left the team, retired, got traded, went somewhere else and you move on. We were shocked, but we recovered. People in this country have the right to do what they want to do. He wanted to go home. In our statements, we respected that. It was a tough blow."

DId Riley feel like he was misled? "No. I don't think I was encouraged either. That's this business. They were free agents."

He said he reached out to LeBron through texts and emails throughout the free agent process but didn't get a response, though he obviously did get the meeting in Las Vegas two days before LeBron announced he was leaving for Cleveland. "I sent him a lot of emails and texts. I was communicating a lot with him. No response."

Riley declined to say if he knew – when he met with LeBron in Las Vegas - that LeBron had met with Cavs owner Dan Gilbert four days earlier.

"There wasn’t anything in that meeting that told me that wasn’t going to happen [that LeBron was going to leave]. I’ve moved on quickly from that. We are going to build another championship team and that’s it. This business, as we find it, is tough. Sometimes you have those tough calls and sometimes things happen to you that you don’t like but you’ve got to move on."

Riley said he went into free agency "with the thought he was coming back. I was selling that to players.”

He told LeBron before free agency he would tell players that. “He never said to me, No don’t do that. I went in with that premise and found out on the 10th [that wasn’t going to happen]. We were both very shocked when he did not come back. I was thinking all along he would come back.”

Read more here: Riley opens up: Said he is shocked over LeBron leaving, said it has fired him up, much more; 15 Dolphins notes | Sports Buzz

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just post the questions where it was all about Lebron because it is a very long read

In fairness, Pat can't really be to upset about this.

I liken this situation to a chick who was dating a married guy.

But, gets upset when she finds out he has another girlfriend.

If he did it to her, he will do it to you too.

I'm pretty sure the Cavs thought Bron was staying as well, pre-douche-bag decision special.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for LeBron, "all the guys wanted in here. Nobody tried to back out of this thing and tried to move somewhere else. For five or six hours, it was doing business as usual [when LeBron] left."

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're you in a coma for the last year +?

Jason Lieser: Pat Riley on re-signing Ray Allen: “We haven’t moved on. I’ve been told he has not made a decision at all about anything.”

Jason Lieser: Pat Riley said the Heat have spoken with Michael Beasley's people. "He's still a consideration, absolutely.:hope:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news Cavs fans!

Looks like somebody finally caught a clue:nod:

"I have to make adjustments," Waiters said. "I like to have the ball and we have Kyrie, and he likes to have the ball. So I have to find ways to impact the game without having the ball. I'm planning to go watch tape to see what D-Wade did when he played with LeBron. I need to learn how to be effective out there with him."

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'd give Beasley a minimum contract if I was Mitch. He certainly has talent, but seems to lack the drive and discipline. Being with a player like Kobe and a coach like Scott could help instill some of that in him. Would have some good firepower off the bench with him and Young.
I said this before, Kobe would punch Michael Beasley eventually during the season if he goes to the Lakers.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Lieser: Pat Riley on re-signing Ray Allen: “We haven’t moved on. I’ve been told he has not made a decision at all about anything.”

Jason Lieser: Pat Riley said the Heat have spoken with Michael Beasley's people. "He's still a consideration, absolutely.:hope:

Maybe in Spo would of played him more he would want to come back

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

James basically did the same thing with Gilbert/Cavs.

I'm sure Wade was in communication with Riley, so he knew what went down ( or didn't go down) when the Big 3 met for lunch.

We as fans are learning this after the fact, but Riley should have known what writing was on the wall.

You would think that out of respect that James could have just told him vs wasting his time, but if you are just looking at it as a FA business decision, he owed him nothing.
I

What it really all boils down to is that James only cares about James, which is too bad because both Bosh/Wade went through more with him then probably anyone else in his life except for his immediate family.

There is a fine line between your career/business vs how you handle related situations.

James tried to bullshit his way out of being a total dick by hiring the SI writer to write some fairy tail.
Nobody with the ability to process thoughts really believes it though.

Leopards simply don't change their spots.

One can only hope that his last ring won in Miami is his last one won, period.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news Cavs fans!

Looks like somebody finally caught a clue:nod:

"I have to make adjustments," Waiters said. "I like to have the ball and we have Kyrie, and he likes to have the ball. So I have to find ways to impact the game without having the ball. I'm planning to go watch tape to see what D-Wade did when he played with LeBron. I need to learn how to be effective out there with him."

I think I just got really excited. This kid has potential if he learns how to play all facets and doesn't get traded.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Windhorst on ESPN is reporting talks between Cavs and Wolves "are on the 1 yard line" for the Love trade and that Anthony Bennett has been pulled from an offseason tournament in anticipation of a deal.

I hope it gets done and Love will get his ass into USA's camp.