• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Windhorst on ESPN is reporting talks between Cavs and Wolves "are on the 1 yard line" for the Love trade and that Anthony Bennett has been pulled from an offseason tournament in anticipation of a deal.

I hope it gets done and Love will get his ass into USA's camp.

And they don't trade Wiggins :laugh: :hope:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it sure looks like Love to Cleveland is definitely going to get done....

the cupboard was beyond bare when LeBron left 4 years ago- and now 4 years later I will be, in all likelihood, watching a starting lineup of

Irving
Waiters
James
Love
Varejao

that is a damn good starting lineup- a bench of Thompson, Miller, Haywood, Delledova, Jones, is not bad but it could use Ray Allen and another big

book them the East

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still included according to the article on espn.com by Stein & Windhorst

if Wiggins is included that means by league rules their cannot be an announcment of a deal until August 23rd.

I suspect this will remain exactly where it is for another few weeks- where everyone knows its going down but just cant say its going down

UNLESS Wiggins is not in the deal then it could happen at anytime. But i seriously doubt that

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it sure looks like Love to Cleveland is definitely going to get done....

the cupboard was beyond bare when LeBron left 4 years ago- and now 4 years later I will be, in all likelihood, watching a starting lineup of

Irving
Waiters
James
Love
Varejao

that is a damn good starting lineup- a bench of Thompson, Miller, Haywood, Delledova, Jones, is not bad but it could use Ray Allen and another big

book them the East

If the Cavs are smart they should bring Waiters off the bench.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Wiggins is included that means by league rules their cannot be an announcment of a deal until August 23rd.

I suspect this will remain exactly where it is for another few weeks- where everyone knows its going down but just cant say its going down

UNLESS Wiggins is not in the deal then it could happen at anytime. But i seriously doubt that

They can announce it. It just can't be done officially

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to the article it is still the same deal as before with the only difference now being the Wolves trying to part with Barea since they signed Mo Williams

Minnesota Timberwolves talking Kevin Love trade only with Cleveland Cavaliers - ESPN

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, I hope they can keep Waiters though.

they will be keeping Waiters if Wiggins is in the deal- they are not going to give up both of their SG's

Waiters and Varejao are two very good pieces in that starting lineup as well- certainly better then any PG/C combination the Heat threw out with their Big 3

and i have mixed feelings about dealing Wiggins and putting all your money into a Big 3- and half of me would prefer the SAS route rather than the MIA route....but- we have better role players than Miami, and we have draft picks to add to the team as well....and Haywoods K will net us another player next offseason

plus unlike Arison, Gilbert is not going to go cheapo on Lebron- especially when Lebron has the hammer of those short contracts

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota should wait it out. I think this is such a bad move for them. This only works out for them IF Wiggins turns into a superstar. Other wise it is a terrible deal for them.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota should wait it out. I think this is such a bad move for them. This only works out for them IF Wiggins turns into a superstar. Other wise it is a terrible deal for them.

It's not terrible. It's essentially have a shot at a superstar or take the GS deal and be no better than you were for the next 2 years before have to try again (and you have to pay Thompson).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not terrible. It's essentially have a shot at a superstar or take the GS deal and be no better than you were for the next 2 years before have to try again (and you have to pay Thompson).

when you think of the other deals of superstars in the last year of their deals

Deron Williams
KG
Harden
Howard
Melo

Minne probably gets the best asset in any of those deals in Wiggins....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Wiggins isn't special you suck for another 10 years.....Wonderful

I would try to get another player out of Cleveland.

Wiggins, Bennett, and the #25 or later pick next year is not enough for love.

I've seen nothing from Wiggins in the last year that makes me think he is going to ever be a top 10 player in this league

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
qUoQ6NZ.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Wiggins isn't special you suck for another 10 years.....Wonderful

I would try to get another player out of Cleveland.

Wiggins, Bennett, and the #25 or later pick next year is not enough for love.

I've seen nothing from Wiggins in the last year that makes me think he is going to ever be a top 10 player in this league

again Bro...how many times do i have to tell everyone on here

Cleveland owns Miami's pick and Memphis' pick - and the Memphis pick has protections on where it does not transfer until its a lotto pick --its not going to be the Cavs pick

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it is a huge risk for a franchise who's been awful for nearly 10 years now. For a franchise like Orlando who just started sucking 2-3 years ago then it is not a big deal but when you're awful for nearly 10 years you need to get a winning product on the court ASAP. I prefer a deal with proven NBA starters to surround Rubio and Pekovic. At least then you can make minor tweaks here and there in FA/Through trades to make your team a consistent playoffs team

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again Bro...how many times do i have to tell everyone on here

Cleveland owns Miami's pick and Memphis' pick - and the Memphis pick has protections on where it does not transfer until its a lotto pick --its not going to be the Cavs pick

And even if it's not Cleveland pick, how good are those picks going to be? You're still not getting a top 15 pick in the draft. Miami will make the playoffs barring significant injuries and so will Memphis so most likely that pick will be around 17-22 IMO so you aren't getting some franchise player at that point.