• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, a conspiracy......

That trade is the WORST of every proposed trade on the table for Minny. If you actually believe Love will ONLY resign with Cleveland, there's not much to tell you outside of I have some oceanfront property for sale in North Dakota.....interested?

Minny has plenty of options......Love has already said he'd resign with GS. He'd most likely resign in Chicago too.

To force any GM to take a really bad deal reeks of a setup, plain and simple.

do you have any kind of reporting that said he would re-sign with Golden State?

I am honestly interested if there is any- since I'd like to think I pay pretty close attention and have not seen that story.

Sam Amico of FSO who is notoriously conservative in his reporting

Sources: Love may be requesting trade to Cavs | FOX Sports

http://cdn16.castfire.com/audio/303....go.com/insider/radio/archive?name=mm_podcast

Stephen A. on Mike and Mike as well....

“My sources told me just yesterday, and I don’t know if it is true or not so I don’t have it locked down, but I’m hearing that Kevin Love is basically telling other teams ‘Don’t bother bringing me long term because once my contract is up, if I have to serve this last year in Minnesota, I’m going to Cleveland.’ The man apparently wants to play with LeBron James.”

so like i said- there are numerous credible sources saying that Love intends to use his leverage of where he will sign an extension to get to Cleveland and join LeBron and Kyrie- as this team would obviously give him the best chance at a title.....

If you have information on his willingness to sign elsewhere i would genuinely like to see it as i have not seen it and it would help temper my expectations

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ Irving !!!!!!!!!!!!!

how are you doing Mick?

where do you think Rondo will get traded now that you guys have Smart? ---honestly i really like the Smart pick - and with Stevens as your coach you guys are definitely no more than 2-3 years away from being relevant again! --especially if you can get a nice haul for Rondo

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sir,

Why would i think that Love would only resign in Cleveland? i have nobody i talk to in high level ranking NBA positions

I can only go by what I hear from journalists that I trust and one's that have been right in the past- and one's that a history or leaning towards the conservative side of reporting things from sources that wish to remain anonymous

and from those reporters i have heard that Love has told Minnesota that he wants to be traded to Cleveland and thats the place he would sign an extension

As with a few months ago when everyone ridiculed me for even bringing up LeBron coming back to Cleveland- i said the same thing- this is not my opinion- this is the reporting being done by credible reporters that i trust that err on the conservative side of reporting such news and would not say anything unless they had substantiated sources.

I wouldn't let his opinion affect you much. He has knowledge but just about every opinion he has on something, the opposite happens. The most recent one was wrong as well, Lebron does go back to Cleveland. He talks about what he wants, more than what could actually happen.

It doesn't surprise me that Love would want to play with Lebron, he wants to have the best chance to win and have a great teammate.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,339.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sir,

Why would i think that Love would only resign in Cleveland? i have nobody i talk to in high level ranking NBA positions

I can only go by what I hear from journalists that I trust and one's that have been right in the past- and one's that a history or leaning towards the conservative side of reporting things from sources that wish to remain anonymous

and from those reporters i have heard that Love has told Minnesota that he wants to be traded to Cleveland and thats the place he would sign an extension

As with a few months ago when everyone ridiculed me for even bringing up LeBron coming back to Cleveland- i said the same thing- this is not my opinion- this is the reporting being done by credible reporters that i trust that err on the conservative side of reporting such news and would not say anything unless they had substantiated sources.

LTCF predicted it. You? Few months ago you were saying it was 50-50 he would stay or return.

Or the same odds as flipping a coin. How is that you predicting he'd return?

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how are you doing Mick?

where do you think Rondo will get traded now that you guys have Smart? ---honestly i really like the Smart pick - and with Stevens as your coach you guys are definitely no more than 2-3 years away from being relevant again! --especially if you can get a nice haul for Rondo
Doing great.....You ??

Heard some talk about Houston....Not real sure..

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True..Most of the owners particularly led by Gilbert molded the new CBA to avoid a super team. Now, it happens anyway but you have teams that are deep and teams that are more talented but less deep. The funny part is that Gilbert will now need to argue differently during the next CBA.

That's probably the funniest part in all of this and what makes Gilbert such a freaking hypocrite. He got his panties in a bunch because Lebron went to Miami and was arguably the driving force behind setting up the CBA to prevent what Miami did from happening again.

Now he gets Lebron back and wants to try and build his own "superteam". No offense to Cavs fans as they've suffered enough with this dolt, but I seriously hope they never win a title until Gilbert sells the team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minny isn't trading Love for that offer, and might not trade him at all.

I keep telling you guys this - Flip DOES NOT BELIEVE Minny is in rebuild mode. Neither does the owner.

As long as that is the case, they have no reason to move Love. They believe they can WIN NOW. So they will be looking for pieces that allow them to do that, not a rebuild

And they damned sure aren't trading him to Cleveland without Wiggins in the deal. All this rampant speculation is pointless.

If they WERE to make that crappy deal, you KNOW there is a conspiracy.....it's too obvious.

I've been saying the same thing all off-season. Whether he's being delusional or not, Flip is hellbent on getting this team to the playoffs. That's why he's insisting on players that he believes can get the team there rather than "future assets" like rookies and draft picks. It's why he has been refusing to do a trade with GSW that doesn't include Klay Thompson.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,339.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's probably the funniest part in all of this and what makes Gilbert such a freaking hypocrite. He got his panties in a bunch because Lebron went to Miami and was arguably the driving force behind setting up the CBA to prevent what Miami did from happening again.

Now he gets Lebron back and wants to try and build his own "superteam". No offense to Cavs fans as they've suffered enough with this dolt, but I seriously hope they never win a title until Gilbert sells the team.

Not to mention how his panties got into a bunch when the Lakers almost acquired CP.

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention how his panties got into a bunch when the Lakers almost acquired CP.
images

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't even get me started on that one. :lol:

LOL

Mark Cuban and Dan Gilbert were just at the forefront of the collaborative of owners of the team that did not think that deal was in the teams best interest

and it turns out they were BIG TIME correct

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Mark Cuban and Dan Gilbert were just at the forefront of the collaborative of owners of the team that did not think that deal was in the teams best interest

and it turns out they were BIG TIME correct

Uh, incorrect. Cuban and Gilbert were upset that the deal not only got CP3 to the Lakers, but it would have also gotten the Lakers under the luxury tax threshold. In fact, Gilbert stated that it wasn't fair that the Lakers could improve AND get under the tax threshold. Gilbert has been one of the biggest welfare mom's in the NBA for years and it would have negatively effected his league welfare check.

From a basketball perspective, there was nothing wrong with the deal. In it's essence the deal was, New Orleans was getting an all-star big in Pau Gasol and the Lakers were getting an all-star PG in CP3. In fact, that deal at the time, was far better than the deal that brought Pau to the Lakers in the first place appeared to be at the time it happened. Although, considering the deal got Memphis the rights to Marc Gasol, I'm sure you won't hear them complaining.

The league owned the New Orleans franchise at the time and CP3 was already a bigger name than Pau. Stern then vetoed the deal because of Gilbert and Cuban crying and because losing CP3 would have brought down the value of the New Orleans franchise.

If the league didn't own the New Orleans franchise and/or Cuban and Gilbert don't cry like little girls, CP3 would likely be a Laker today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, incorrect. Cuban and Gilbert were upset that the deal not only got CP3 to the Lakers, but it would have also gotten the Lakers under the luxury tax threshold. In fact, Gilbert stated that it wasn't fair that the Lakers could improve AND get under the tax threshold. Gilbert has been one of the biggest welfare mom's in the NBA for years and it would have negatively effected his league welfare check.

From a basketball perspective, there was nothing wrong with the deal. In it's essence the deal was, New Orleans was getting an all-star big in Pau Gasol and the Lakers were getting an all-star PG in CP3. In fact, that deal at the time, was far better than the deal that brought Pau to the Lakers in the first place appeared to be at the time it happened. Although, considering the deal got Memphis the rights to Marc Gasol, I'm sure you won't hear them complaining.

The league owned the New Orleans franchise at the time and CP3 was already a bigger name than Pau. Stern then vetoed the deal because of Gilbert and Cuban crying and because losing CP3 would have brought down the value of the New Orleans franchise.

If the league didn't own the New Orleans franchise and/or Cuban and Gilbert don't cry like little girls, CP3 would likely be a Laker today.

Phil Jackson called that shit too when the league took over the Hornets. Conflict of interest reared its ugly head. Sad thing is, had that deal went down - we may have had the Heat vs. Lakers (mainly Lebron vs. Kobe) in the Finals once these past 4 years. If you thought Spurs vs. Heat in 2013 was great. The marketing for Lebron vs. Kobe would've been insane.

I can honestly say I despise the Cavs. But I have nothing against their fans, just their owner who for some god awful reason has been given the greatest luck by the basketball gods known to man. My feelings about the Cavs might change if he were not the owner, like trojan mentioned.

Until then, I hope I never see Gilbert hoisting the Larry O'Brien.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Jackson called that shit too when the league took over the Hornets. Conflict of interest reared its ugly head. Sad thing is, had that deal went down - we may have had the Heat vs. Lakers (mainly Lebron vs. Kobe) in the Finals once these past 4 years. If you thought Spurs vs. Heat in 2013 was great. The marketing for Lebron vs. Kobe would've been insane.

I can honestly say I despise the Cavs. But I have nothing against their fans, just their owner who for some god awful reason has been given the greatest luck by the basketball gods known to man. My feelings about the Cavs might change if he were not the owner, like trojan mentioned.

Until then, I hope I never see Gilbert hoisting the Larry O'Brien.

:agree: Can you imagine what the marketing would have been for that? Boggles the mind. It would have been Magic/Bird times 10.

Not to mention that the Heat fans/Lakers fans war would have gone to about DEFCON 5!!:lol:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: Can you imagine what the marketing would have been for that? Boggles the mind. It would have been Magic/Bird times 10.

Not to mention that the Heat fans/Lakers fans war would have gone to about DEFCON 5!!:lol:

Dude.......the posts on this board would've reached into zones of debauchery that aren't even imaginable. It's odd that we get along now (to a point).......something's got to change....NOW!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't wait for basketball season. Lets Go Bulls.